Joel Rosario from San Francisco de Macoris Ever hear of him

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
With all those wins I suppose he started in his career in the DR? So, are there any quality tracks in or around SD? I would love to go.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
With all those wins I suppose he started in his career in the DR? So, are there any quality tracks in or around SD? I would love to go.
I'm surprised you asked that, Johne. I bet you've driven by the track on the Autopista Las Americas a hundred times!

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
You can still make the first race today here. This is where Rosario got his start...........It is near SDQ......They show the races on one of the local channels also.

The one and only. There should be two by this time, the other one in Santiago. If the private sector was interested in horse racing, most likely Santiago would already have one albeit privately owned. I guess the government will have to create the second one too.

The funny thing is that the reason the DR has horse racing is because of the government which built this one to replace another one which was also built by the government (Trujillo). The question is had Joel Santos ever become a jockey or even developed sn interest in horse racing had it not been for the government ensure it still exist in the country? Something tells me no...

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I'm surprised you asked that, Johne. I bet you've driven by the track on the Autopista Las Americas a hundred times!
LOL...yep, while participating in the Memorial 500 race on the Autopista. Tough to concentrate on two hi-speed races at the same time.
Will definitely look into this and go soon as it it very close to my house.

Reactions: JD Jones

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
This guy simply goes up and up in the world of professional horse racing. Now he will be admitted in the Horse Racing Hall of Fame in Saratoga Springs, New York. The first Dominican jocky to make it there?

Article from today’s Listín Diario.

IMG_1184.jpeg

IMG_1198.jpeg

Will a statue of him be created and included with all of those of other jockies?