John Krawchuk (aka “JOHN COCO”) Died in Puerto Plata ca. 2011

Stog

Apr 14, 2017
John, a member of the expat community of Puerto Plata, died in the Ricardo Limardo public hospital in about 2011. We are assisting his family in declaring his death.

We are reaching out to anyone who knew “John Coco” to help us ascertain 1) where he lived in Puerto Plata at the time he died, and 2) who might have any information regarding his place of burial. We understand that John used to walk around town with a small dog.

We have already made enquiries at the US consulate, the public hospital and the most likely cemeteries, without success.

Old photos of John attached in case they can help jog some memories

Any information you can provide would be gratefully received and treated in confidence. I can be contacted via WhatsApp on +1-829-423-8801 or by email on steve@dominicancertificates.com.

Many thanks. Steven D McQueen

Attachments

• 2078 KRAWCHUCK WEDDING PHOTO.jpg
    2078 KRAWCHUCK WEDDING PHOTO.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 160
  • 2078 JOHN KRAWCHUCH WITH DAUGHTER.jpg
    2078 JOHN KRAWCHUCH WITH DAUGHTER.jpg
    443.9 KB · Views: 160
Aug 21, 2007
Awful long time to declare a person's death.
Why the rush?
Isn't your comment insensitive? Perhaps they were unaware he died. Perhaps this is a grandchild who loved him but was young when he died. There are many possibilities. I know you meant no harm Cristo, but maybe it would have been better to ask your question differently. The question was somewhat valid. The way you worded it was hurtful, perhaps.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Thank you Lindsey..some of us are responding privately. Threads like this deserve some respect.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Isn't your comment insensitive? Perhaps they were unaware he died. Perhaps this is a grandchild who loved him but was young when he died. There are many possibilities. I know you meant no harm Cristo, but maybe it would have been better to ask your question differently. The question was somewhat valid. The way you worded it was hurtful, perhaps.
I'm not a sensitive person so I see things a little different than others and need to be reminded of it from time to time. Either way, hopefully his family is able to obtain the information they are searching for.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Sorry to hear of his Passing , and being buried at an unknown location... all of this Must be very difficult on the family..

that said ,, wouldn't a More Recent Picture of him be a lot more useful for people to possibly recognize him ?

respectfully, those Photos look like they are from the late 1970's or early 80's

Joseph NY2STI

Mar 22, 2020
I'm hardly an expert on these things, but is there such a thing as a death certificate in D.R.? If he died in a hospital, wouldn't their records be declaration enough?
Aside from that, try funeral directors. Someone had to remove his remains from the hospital.

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
I thought that the bodies of all foreigners that die in the DR have to have an autopsy in Santiago,if that is the case maybe the place where they do that in Santiago might be of some help.

Stog

Apr 14, 2017
Sorry to hear of his Passing , and being buried at an unknown location... all of this Must be very difficult on the family..

that said ,, wouldn't a More Recent Picture of him be a lot more useful for people to possibly recognize him ?

respectfully, those Photos look like they are from the late 1970's or early 80's
Thanks JD, but unfortunately the family of the deceased have no more recent photographs of him.

Stog

Apr 14, 2017
I thought that the bodies of all foreigners that die in the DR have to have an autopsy in Santiago,if that is the case maybe the place where they do that in Santiago might be of some help.
Thanks Tom, we know from experience that autopsies are not performed on all foreigners who die here in spite of what you might have read,

Stog

Apr 14, 2017
I'm hardly an expert on these things, but is there such a thing as a death certificate in D.R.? If he died in a hospital, wouldn't their records be declaration enough?
Aside from that, try funeral directors. Someone had to remove his remains from the hospital.
Joseph, my company is very experienced and successful at searching, believe me. I have exhausted all traditional means of searching for traces of this death. I would not have posted this appeal for help on this forum had there been an alternative.

• Sad
Reactions: NanSanPedro
Jan 9, 2004
Joseph, my company is very experienced and successful at searching, believe me. I have exhausted all traditional means of searching for traces of this death. I would not have posted this appeal for help on this forum had there been an alternative.

Then can I assume you have also posted in the various other forums/pages dedicated to the Dominican Republic and or the North Coast in general?

Perhaps there are some long term expats posting/lurking elsewhere and that is what/who you would need to find, to get any possible clues as to what, where, when, how and why.

Good luck with your search.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Stog

Apr 14, 2017
Then can I assume you have also posted in the various other forums/pages dedicated to the Dominican Republic and or the North Coast in general?

Perhaps there are some long term expats posting/lurking elsewhere and that is what/who you would need to find, to get any possible clues as to what, where, when, how and why.

Good luck with your search.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
Thanks, currently the only other forums I have posted this appeal to, are the three FB groups that are related to life in Puerto Plata. IF you could suggest others, I'd be very grateful. S

Jan 9, 2004
Thanks, currently the only other forums I have posted this appeal to, are the three FB groups that are related to life in Puerto Plata. IF you could suggest others, I'd be very grateful. S

Expatforum.com They have one dedicated to the Dominican Republic.

Again……good luck.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Actually…….it’s both.

But yours is the one that seems to be the most visited/posted to and the one most likely to get a response.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

I learned something new today. :)

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
If I recall correctly, there was an American male living in Puerto Plata a while ago. He had many health and financial issues but was very much an animal lover. He died after posting on DR1 for several years. Was his handle something like "birdman"?

Edited to add:

The person I was thinking about was called Anthony, not John. Please ignore my post.

Last edited: