Juan Dolio

Fernandez

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
When I was living in JD several neighbors of mine were attacked, one murdered. People from Plaza Real getting attacked at night right on the boulevard.
Personally I always felt safer in BC than in JD

There was a difficult period there for sure.

Fortunately, the development taking place is changing everything for the better- Pinewood Studios Cinema's studio is
an obvious plus, the Hemingway purchase of Capella Hotel converting to 2 tower condos, hotel and residences along with
the boutique hotel is a plus, the new Hodelpa Emotions Hotel, the rehabbed MetroCClub Garden Suites is a plus, the Hodelpa
purchase of the closed Sheraton to reopen another hotel there is a plus as well. The Las Quintas 5th phase of the MCC is a
new 450 home development with a tennis complex and competition soccer fields. Families are buying up lots- the new
International School should help as well.

The Tourism Police headquarters - right in front of MCC- they are all over the place.
Things have changed quite a bit from 7 - 10 years ago- and moving very upscale.

Comparatively, I understand Boca Chica continues to suffer from chronic prostitution and crime.
Seems it can't get beyond itself....once the highway is finished, I suppose traffic will pass it by en route East.
As it is the most proximate eastwardly beach to the Capital, it will always attract people to the beach.
It used to be a charming place 25 years ago.

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
There was a difficult period there for sure.

Fortunately, the development taking place is changing everything for the better- Pinewood Studios Cinema's studio is
an obvious plus, the Hemingway purchase of Capella Hotel converting to 2 tower condos, hotel and residences along with
the boutique hotel is a plus, the new Hodelpa Emotions Hotel, the rehabbed MetroCClub Garden Suites is a plus, the Hodelpa
purchase of the closed Sheraton to reopen another hotel there is a plus as well. The Las Quintas 5th phase of the MCC is a
new 450 home development with a tennis complex and competition soccer fields. Families are buying up lots- the new
International School should help as well.

The Tourism Police headquarters - right in front of MCC- they are all over the place.
Things have changed quite a bit from 7 - 10 years ago- and moving very upscale.

Comparatively, I understand Boca Chica continues to suffer from chronic prostitution and crime.
Seems it can't get beyond itself....once the highway is finished, I suppose traffic will pass it by en route East.
As it is the most proximate eastwardly beach to the Capital, it will always attract people to the beach.
It used to be a charming place 25 years ago.

It's great that they're still building which they have been doing for many years by the way but JD always looked like a ghost town.
Has that changed? Is the area being promoted as a beach/golf vacation destination or just for development/sales purposes like MCC has been doing for all these years?
If the area is not being promoted as a beach/golf vacation destination then it will remain a ghost town.

Fernandez

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
It's great that they're still building which they have been doing for many years by the way but JD always looked like a ghost town.
Has that changed? Is the area being promoted as a beach/golf vacation destination or just for development/sales purposes like MCC has been doing for all these years?
If the area is not being promoted as a beach/golf vacation destination then it will remain a ghost town.

Its changed quite bit.
Its is being promoted as residential- beach/vacation all in one- with big investments taking place again.
Over the years, most of the stranglers have left...