Jumbo building at POP roundabout

ohmmmm

Bronze
Jun 11, 2010
Anything new with the opening?

Brick walls look to be about 85% up... It looked like they had to bring in a lot of rock to grade the site. Also, the metal structure seems to be almost over-doing it, but maybe that is for earthquake protection. In any case, construction seems to have taken a long time, but they are moving on it now. The building is huge so there may be other stores attached to this one. I am looking forward to it's completion. The road in front and round-about may turn into a very congested area after construction.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
the metal structure is support beams, both vertical and horizontal. in place of cement columns with iron bars. i think it's normal in commercial construction.

ohmmmm

Bronze
Jun 11, 2010
the metal structure is support beams, both vertical and horizontal. in place of cement columns with iron bars. i think it's normal in commercial construction.

Yes, but the thickness of those beams are huge

Serene

May 9, 2017
Jobs at Jumbo in Puerto Plata

Hi !
Does anyone know if they are hiring for the new Jumbo in Puerto Plata ?

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Getting in touch with Jumbo HQ should allow one to find out if applications can still be submitted and where those should be dropped off.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Hi !
Does anyone know if they are hiring for the new Jumbo in Puerto Plata ?

Do you have a work permit for the DR? I would assume it would pay about the same 12,000 pesos monthly as does Josie Lewis. To start.
Der Fish

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Do you have a work permit for the DR? I would assume it would pay about the same 12,000 pesos monthly as does Josie Lewis. To start.
Der Fish

Derfish, i am almost sure that Jose Luis pays better than guys like La Sirena. here is why. i have known several people who work at JL for close to a decade in some cases, and more in others. every week i go to La Sirena, i see people i have never seen before, and do not see someone i saw last week. i believe that the remuneration package at Josie Lewis must be more friendly.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Of course there will be and of course it will done incorrectly and mismanaged.

Bob K

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
and the big news is in, jumbo is to open on the 28th of september, weather permitting.
i really want to see their solution for entry/exit points because so far it looks that passing rotunda will be even worse than before. i hope for semaforos...
http://www.puertoplatadigital.com/verNoticia.aspx?Id=25463

It would be wise to open an auto body shop near that roundabout. The whole thing needs a redesign to a real intersection with turn lanes and stoplights (obeying lights to enforced by AMET)

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
Looking forward to Jumbo opening, now let's see some competition and a price war with La Sirena.... (market forces at work, no !).

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i will go and check it out but my experience with jumbo in santiago tells it's a meh store.
my heart is with jose luis. we've been shopping there since i moved to DR. the service is great and the choices are ever expanding. i hope they stay in business.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
i will go and check it out but my experience with jumbo in santiago tells it's a meh store.
my heart is with jose luis. we've been shopping there since i moved to DR. the service is great and the choices are ever expanding. i hope they stay in business.

you hit the nail on the head with Jumbo in Santiago. a big nothing. went there once, would never go back. now Bravo is a different animal, altogether. and, yes, Jose Luis is the cats pajamas..