kidnapped in punta cana hotel miraj

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Reminder - according to DR1 policy if a poster makes allegations about a business they must post their full name and contact details.

Jan 7, 2016
"Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back to the place I was before
'Relax' said the night man,
'We are programmed to receive.
You can check out any time you like,
But you can never leave!"

The Eagles

cbmitch9

Bronze
Nov 3, 2010
That's one of the reason why I either pay using my cc directly to the establishment or go through Expedia. No tour operators for me. I have heard way too many nightmare stories.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
This is why poster should of came to Sousa instead of Punta Cana ..we have happy endings!! ;)

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
While the post is a bit suspect as others have pointed out it does happen. Majestic Mirage is newer resort and from what I have heard is a very nice resort. Some people do not come financially prepared. The trip was prepaid and they may only carry enough cash to get through the vacation. Maybe no cc or limited spending left on cc. I would imagine this would be total nightmare for some, especially in another country.

SARAH KATZ

Jul 20, 2011
3rd party - you pay the agent - the agent doesn't pay the hotel - the agent owes the $$$ but the hotel expects payment.

The voucher then is just paper.............report the agent - if they don't belong to a reputable association you're ****ed - just pay up and put it down to experience.

If it looks like an absolutely amazing deal it's likely a scam.

If the receipt was from the hotel/you booked direct another story but I expect you went through a third party/agent.

southern

I love Hillary!
Dec 13, 2016
Of you travel to a foreign country and are ill prepared for the "what ifs" then you should go to Coney island or Daytona Beach and splurge at Red Lobster.

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
i need legal help me and my wife where held against our own will..i paid my trip in full and upon arrival we was told we had a bill. i showed them confirmation of the trip being paid in full but it was ignored i showed bank statements as asked and still got harrassed  and room key locked. we was told we cant leave the resort, so we had to plan an excape. the most scariest thing in my like ....please help these people are scamming and making you pay extra and when you dont they try to keep you hostage

Many things going on here. Issue was checking in not out. To check in hotels is different.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
So your locked down at a AI resort with free food and booze for an indefinite period of time. Still not sure what the problem is unless your chica/ bimbo escaped.
Total troll or complete idiot. 

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
i need legal help me and my wife where held against our own will..i paid my trip in full and upon arrival we was told we had a bill. i showed them confirmation of the trip being paid in full but it was ignored i showed bank statements as asked and still got harrassed  and room key locked. we was told we cant leave the resort, so we had to plan an excape. the most scariest thing in my like ....please help these people are scamming and making you pay extra and when you dont they try to keep you hostage

Not only is this post bs but perhaps the worst grammatically written one I have seen.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
So your locked down at a AI resort with free food and booze for an indefinite period of time. Still not sure what the problem is unless your chica/ bimbo escaped.
Total troll or complete idiot. 

They may add the additional days to his bill, so it's probably not a free ride.

PCMike

Aug 30, 2008
Knowing the GM personally (as well as the commercial director), Majestic Resorts are a class act. I suspect what happened is that they had charges to their room (wine....spa...phone calls...etc) and either refused to pay or had their card declined.

As for being held hostage at check in...sorry...never going to happen. The whole storry sounds that the person does not require "legal" help...but help of a more cerebral kind.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
Knowing the GM personally (as well as the commercial director), Majestic Resorts are a class act. I suspect what happened is that they had charges to their room (wine....spa...phone calls...etc) and either refused to pay or had their card declined.

As for being held hostage at check in...sorry...never going to happen. The whole storry sounds that the person does not require "legal" help...but help of a more cerebral kind.

...you should read majestic mirage reviews on the travel sites..... the reviews are right in line with my experience .....Doc.......

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Is this the strategy here now for new members ..
First post , fart in the elevator , and run out the door ?

and you people are debating what he ate last.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
As the OP has not returned to provide more details or clarification, I'm closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.