KLM will merge with Air France

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
This week AF will issue official press release with information about mergering. KLM and Air France will create a new airline. 15% of all flights operated from AMS will be transfered to PAR, AF will receive 54% of shares while KL will get only 16%. Both governments appoved this action.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
it's a "merger" in which AF will actually buy KLm for about 900 million. this still needs regulator's approval.

should be finalized soon

let's see how this will affect the DR.

Samana1

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
www.samana-peninsula.com
Miles

For me it will be easy i can now get Miles from KLm Royal Dutch Airlines on Air France flights to Santo Domingo.

But i prefer Martinair non stop to DR i dont know what will happen to Martinair and BonairExel because these airline are owned 50 and 100% KLM.

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
It seems that Martinair will be restructured and will become a leisure carrier for new airline, it is gonna be the same scheme in relationships as LAUDA within Austrian Airlines Group. Air France will try to get Martinair's passengers to fly via PAR using their own planes, remember that AF duplicates all MP's destinations. So the future of MP is kinda unknown, the idea of AF is to deliver KL's passengers to points they don't operate via PAR. But from now MP will have to dance with AF's music.

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
Northwest says new alliance AF/KL will not harm their love with KLM, actually it is gonna be difficult to realize. NW/KL now is a competition for SkyTeam operations from Europe to USA, I don't think AF will be so happy to pass passengers to NW, I think their transatlantic operations will end, but maybe codeshare within USA will grow, delivered passengers by AF/KL to USA will be transported to cities across USA by NW, but even though DL has some agreements with NW I don't think it will like the idea to lose passengers, and SkyTeam rules will favor DL, not NW. So it is gonna be difficult, I think NW will stay out of the way.

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
With KLM as a member, SkyTeam will overtake oneworld as the second-largest alliance in terms of flights, with Star offering 72,347 weekly services, SkyTeam 59,792 and oneworld 56,553. In terms of available seats, SkyTeam with 6.78 million a week will remain behind both Star at 22.7 million and oneworld at 6.88 million. The independent flight schedule information provider based its statistics on frequencies and available seats during the first week of Oct

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Also BA wants to merge with Iberia...JEe JEE.....this is going to be funny......and the ends.....everyone will merge with each other.
plus LanChile eyes possible stake in Colombia's Avianca