La estancia

vandee

Nov 26, 2003
Nice golf but I'm wondering if this place will ever succeed. Anyone know anything about building potential here? Is the place and builder going under?

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
As I understand the situation , about a year or so ago some Venezuelans purchased a majority share in the venture from the Italian family and poured quite a lot ofmoney into infrastructure...but now they say they will only put more moeny in , if the Italians sell out to them and they have totalcontrol ..The italians who have little money themselves now have said they will not sell to The Venezuelans so nothing is happening . For many years , since the land was sold , owners have not been able toobtain a title for their individual piece of land and so have refused to pay any dues or levies to the owners until they do receive titles. The titles are now ready but the Venezuelans want all the back dues paid to them , with interest , but of course most owners are refusing.
It really is a lovely course but with the worst overall housing design you could imagine ..most apartment blocks like Naples slums

Nov 17, 2007
Hi guys,
I have a place there and visit only 1-2 per year for the moment.

It took them a very long time to finally deliver the condo and I still didn?t get my titulo.
The quality of the condos Las Brisas and the garden,parking, pool is far better then what I have seen in the other developments in La Romana,Bayahibe and Punta Cana area (setting aside Cap Cana which I didn't check).

The club is nice and has a good restaurant and the golf court and surroundings are well mantained and beatiful.
The are only 2 condo developments: Las Brisas and Par3, so I don't know which ones you refer to as slums.

The biggest minus is that due to the crisis and probably the problems between the owners there is no live in the place.
shops are not opening, promised beach club is not developed yet,little amount of neighbours,etc.

so, the place is great,has potential, but for the moment is too boring to spend more then a 1 week holiday.
luckily now the autopista is open and we can have dinner at Punta Cana village,etc.

I guess similar things are going on at Cap Cana,etc. that seems to be deserted as well.

vandee

Nov 26, 2003
Yeah, I saw the Par 3 and Las Brisas places and they do look nice. The other area, not so much and the older villas were not constructed very well. But as you said, you still have no title. Did you hold money back until you get the title or are you not paying maintenance?

Also, the other person talked about problems with owners. Are the Venezuelans going to stay since they built the nicer places? Can they leave since they don't own the majority of the place? Seems to be a bit of a mess.

Nov 17, 2007
Hi Vandee,

I am paying the maintenance,cable,etc. because I have no complaints about the service and make use of it. (pool,garbage ,garden,security,etc.)
I didn't consider pressing for the title this way (yet) because I expected it to be slow anyway, having read other forums about title registration in th D.R.
No idea what a "normal" waiting time for a titulo would be inside a new resort area.
My neighbour is the guy who build Las Brisas (great and helpfull guy) and he still doesn't have his title as well, that why I'm not to stressed about it.
Probably the Venezuelans will stay having invested their money.
You can really feel they took over from the Italians but no idea in which %.

Chiri Fuentes

May 22, 2014
Dear Mr. Valencia: My parents own unit 46-101 of Las Brisas Condo, grond level, left corner. They also have concerns over the TITULO. Any new info. ?

Have you been to La Estancia recently ?

We would appreciate any recent general information: new construction,new neighboors etc.

Have a good day!

Carlos Fuentes, Puerto Rico

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 17, 2007
Hi Carlos,
sorry for the late answer.
I just send you a private message about Las Brisas.
Let's stay in touch,

Edwin (Valencia/Spain)

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
I remember being pitched this place by sergio latch 6 years ago... no I didnt buy...