La perla de sosua

Mu?ecote

Aug 1, 2006
hey there.

the trip is coming up soon and its understandable that you are abit nervous especially with pops coming down with you or soon thereafter

i have no idea why you chose sosua for your little adventure but you have to realize some truths.

it is a very expensive place for someone without a monthly income to live on or someone without a vacation budget for a few weeks.

since you are going to be there for 4 months or something you have to stop trying to book this from your computer and expecting positive results

i dont know why you cant get a price from perla as they were pretty clear with me but maybe the room you wanted is booked up during the time you had planned on staying or its simply a miscommunication.

there is no shame in booking a hotel for 2 days while you go exploring and you will be able to see everything in that time including what facilities are available at perla.

off the top of my head you can stay for 22.5 a night at the waterfront if booked online and 22 at rocky's. you will meet many nice people who are always willing to help. obviously you cant stay at the tradewinds or palms without a roommate based on your budget but that doesnt mean you will be homeless either.

worse case scenario you go over to pico flores for a month at 8500 pesos and get things organized from there. i know its not in town per se but during the day you can walk into charimicos and discover the 3 or 4 places where you can get a solid meal for 100 pesos and then a few more minutes walk you are on sosua beach.

if you want to venture into town for a meal or a happy hour there is nothing to worry about. you will meet a few conchos who you will be able to trust and you can get their number or tell them what time you want to head back to flores and you'll be all set.

one thing tho, if you father is coming down with you i would encourage you to get him to change his ticket for october. you do not need the extra pressure of having him with you when you start out and in no time at all you will be a local and can show him a much better time.