Lake Amphibian Down off Puerto Plata?

Aug 21, 2007
This is really heartbreaking......people who invested their lives helping others. I know better than to question "Why?" But still.......

Lindsey

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Breeza, I agree that one hour made all the difference. One hour earlier and it would still be light, and areas of convection & rain more easily spotted.

Getting caught in some rain & convection at night without IFR training is a recipe for spatial disorientation. And if the plane had odd flight characteristics---like nose pitching up followed by rapid descent when thrust is reduced---that adds one more negative variable to the mix.

A plane has to hit water pretty dang hard for pieces to get torn off...

Very sad...

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Thank you for sharing. The link for his website shows what a great man he was. It is sad that more people will not know his greatness.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
I have finally got around to publishing a video of me flying with Chuck and Cole in the Renegade. *It was my first ever water landing. *We were on lake Hatillo.

[video=youtube_share;mXnqp7dYGms]https://youtu.be/mXnqp7dYGms[/video]

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
No idea why my name is indicating a "dislike" !! on this lake landing. I hope a mod can change that, as Chuck and Candy were friends for years, and I've not posted on DR1 for I don't know how long.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
No idea why my name is indicating a "dislike" !! on this lake landing. I hope a mod can change that, as Chuck and Candy were friends for years, and I've not posted on DR1 for I don't know how long.

I've given accidental dislikes when scrolling on iPad or iPhone. *As far as I know, we can't reverse your dislike, sorry.*

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I never give 'likes' or 'dislikes' - I mean NEVER
but by finger scrolling down the left side of the page - it can happen, and does

You will see some by me - every single one accidental

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Overheard some local dominicans saying a suitcase washed ashore on Sosua Beach. No idea if its true or connected. Just passing it along.

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
Overheard some local dominicans saying a suitcase washed ashore on Sosua Beach. No idea if its true or connected. Just passing it along.

So far we have a piece of the main wing,some seats,aircraft cover and bits of inner trim.Today's aerial search and dive did not reveal anything new and no-one I know in the team has heard of a suitcase.
Would be interested to know exactly where it was found if verified.Could help us to localise the plane.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Diario Libre has an article today confirming that a backpack belonging to one of the passengers was found. *It contained $600 dollars, 17,500 pesos and a camera.*

An American ship has joined the search

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
So far we have a piece of the main wing,some seats,aircraft cover and bits of inner trim.Today's aerial search and dive did not reveal anything new and no-one I know in the team has heard of a suitcase.
Would be interested to know exactly where it was found if verified.Could help us to localise the plane.

I've heard from another source that this suitcase was actually found last week.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004

Accidental Dislikes happen. You can then give a Like to right it. When you see someone has given both a Dislike and a Like that's what it is. (Unless it's a grinch reversing an accidental Like.)

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Here's a 30 min documentary on Live Different and the fabulous work Cole did. *He put across a thought provoking, eloquent interview. *Such a waste........

*[video=youtube_share;sGKk6iz8_uM]https://youtu.be/sGKk6iz8_uM[/video]

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
This is so sad. My sincerest condolences to all who knew these wonderful people.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
The other thread seems to have come to a halt.

*Has there been retrieval of the plane and its 3 occupants?
This is such a sad story, especially since these people were so well loved.
I hope Monkey Jungle and the medical/ dental clinics will continue

Is there a memorial service being planned?

As far as I know no other significant parts of the aircraft have been recovered nor the remains. It is now thought that the rest of the wreckage may be resting in deep water requiring specialized equipment to locate and recover that may not be readily available here.

I have been told that at least for now, Monkey Jungle will continue to operate. For how long and whether the focus of the endeavor will remain a source of funding for charitable work in all or in part, remains to be determined.

I am told that there will be a public memorial of some sort, but no details are yet finalized and none have been announced.*