Lan Dominicana will say good-bye soon!

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
Lan Chile is thinking to stop non-profitable operations MIA SDQ MIA. 4 weekly flights have no future, load factor is very low, acceptance of these flights is weak. :chinese:

Unfortunately Dominican Republic is the country that has no idea how to handle airline business. Passengers do not believe in this aviation. Luck of trust, fear to be treated badly and few other reasons will always bother dominican skies.

This country has no professionals who are able to administrate airlines, people are interested in politic demonstration in the street, many can't read, majority has no idea how to find Switzerland or France on the map, so who will trust to dominican airlines? All they need is image, and 10 USD difference is nothing compared to secure and comfortable CO's 777.

Passengers are enrolled to Frequent Miles programmes, they will never change their carriers, maybe those who read this forum will use a new airline to pay 25 USD less, but 90% of passengers will not! And since the majority of non-dominican passengers will never board dominican airline, this is the result!

It is time to become a serious country! :speechles

Mark1

Mar 17, 2004
aviastar said:
Lan Chile is thinking to stop non-profitable operations MIA SDQ MIA. 4 weekly flights have no future, load factor is very low, acceptance of these flights is weak. :chinese:

Unfortunately Dominican Republic is the country that has no idea how to handle airline business. Passengers do not believe in this aviation. Luck of trust, fear to be treated badly and few other reasons will always bother dominican skies.

This country has no professionals who are able to administrate airlines, people are interested in politic demonstration in the street, many can't read, majority has no idea how to find Switzerland or France on the map, so who will trust to dominican airlines? All they need is image, and 10 USD difference is nothing compared to secure and comfortable CO's 777.

Passengers are enrolled to Frequent Miles programmes, they will never change their carriers, maybe those who read this forum will use a new airline to pay 25 USD less, but 90% of passengers will not! And since the majority of non-dominican passengers will never board dominican airline, this is the result!

The more I read this forum the more I think I 'd better choose a different country to move, keep coming the good news :confused: ( Never mind I had a very bad day...)

GRS

Jan 2, 2002
Too bad...

Don't speculate that early that load factors were the reason for the pull out. It is of my opinion that pulling out in the begining of high season sounds fishy. I rather believe that they need the a/c for better utilization or that AA put some pressure on them since they will lose potential revenue out of the NYC market. They are opening LanArgentina so maybe they need the a/c to fly long routes from EZE. I agree that it is not a wise decision to pull out since they will lose the market for a very long time. Dominicans are tired of believing in an airline that will go either bankrupt or out of the country.

Everybody is always saying that American this and American that, but in the end, it is the airline that get us from point A to point B.

777-200

Jan 25, 2004
santobonao said:
GRS,
You right, AA take you from Point a to Point B, All year around.

Helloooooo
More airlines in the DR .......knock knock........CO have 15 years in the country. Never stop flying due to employee strike. and today is flying the most modern aircraft 777-200 and 767-400.

15 years non stop. AA is not the only one. OK

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Not everyone

GRS said:
Everybody is always saying that American this and American that, but in the end, it is the airline that get us from point A to point B.

777-200 has a conniption fit if anyone suggests anything but CO's one flight a day from JFK even if it means to avoid AA you should travel via China. Cracks me up, but hopefully they reward him with an extra bacg of pretzels.

ERICKXSON

Bronze
Dec 24, 2002
www.creambay.com
aviastar said:

I hope you actually know and realize what you are saying......

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
My two cents as a passenger... give me Continental to NY/NWK over AA to New York/JFK any day. Boarding AA is like boarding a guagua to Villa Altagracia, boarding Continental is like taking the Metro to Puerto Plata. Of course, miles is something to consider. But personally, if the price is about the same, I have chosen Continental over AA.

777-200

Jan 25, 2004
ricktoronto said:
777-200 has a conniption fit if anyone suggests anything but CO's one flight a day from JFK even if it means to avoid AA you should travel via China. Cracks me up, but hopefully they reward him with an extra bacg of pretzels.

Hey Rick I respect your opinions and if you note I have stopped to replay to you because I don?t want to be in a war with you.

My point is that AA is not the only one. I?m not saying that CO is bigger and has more frequencies that AA I know that. The issue here with you is like Dolores has stated AA is a guagua and CO is like a Metro.

I just hope someday you can fly another airline not jut AA and see that there is a big difference in service and quality.

Again agree with you in terms of AA destinations but stop being so meant.

Note CO is not pretzel airline diferent to AA wish is big time a pretzel airline.

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
bUENO L PEOR SERVICIO QUE HE RECIVIDO YO FUE EN AMERICAN AIRLINES EL DIA 2 DE ABRIL, NUNCA HE VISTO A NADIE IGNORANDO Y MALTRATANDO PAX EN MI VIDA, YO K SOY UN VETERANO EN LA INDUSTRIA.

DIGO CON ESTO NO KIERO GENERALIZAR A TODOS.

AA ES MUY BUENA COMPANIA, LOS QUE LA DANAN SON ALGUNOS DE SUS EMPLEADOS.
DEFINITIVAMENTE AA ES LA DUENA DE REP DOM, EN CUERPO Y ALMA, HASTA CUANDO???? NO LO SABEMOS.

LA BATALLA ES FUERTE.

santobonao

Bronze
Jun 3, 2003
www.telemundo.com
777-200 said:
Helloooooo
More airlines in the DR .......knock knock........CO have 15 years in the country. Never stop flying due to employee strike. and today is flying the most modern aircraft 777-200 and 767-400.

15 years non stop. AA is not the only one. OK

Yes i know that CO had about 15 year flying to dr. :)

Flakko

Dec 5, 2003
15, 20 years flying makes not difference, cuz none of those airlines say:
We'll celebrate our 25th year flying to DR with 20% off the tickets!!!

The BIG difference is in the service, even if it's a new airline that just started flying last week, but the offer a good service THAT, only THAT will make it success...

An example: Iberia has I don't know how many years flying to and from Spain; in the other side Air Europa has less time, but I haven't heard that many complaints 'bout Air Europa as what I've heard 'bout Iberia...

Just an example, aight???