Land in the DR

Jacobb

Jul 30, 2005
This is kind of a dumb question but when I have been looking at land in the DR I have seen the total amount of land and then a price per squared meter. My question is: are they just breaking down the price or can you buy a just a portion of that land at the square meter price? Can someone please fill me in? Thanks

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
That depends on the seller, whether he would want to sell a portion or the whole parcel. I would assume the square meter price is if you buy the whole property. If you just buy a portion, expect to pay more or maybe its not even an option.

Be very careful with land purchases in the DR, there are many corrupt lawyers in bed with people selling land who do not even own the land. Also many forged titles out there. Clean title alone is not a guarantee that someone like a lost heir will come out of the woodwork and claim ownership.

maxrocky

Dec 13, 2005
I am new to this forum I live in the UK but want I to live in DR
Well thats something else to worry about then who owns what even with
a Registered Title.
We have been trying to buy a villa but have already had nightmares
with Lawyers about Transfer Taxes Not Quoted by Realtors or any Sosua based Lawyers we know of.
Now I have to worry about transfering money to bank re Banco Popular Sosua
alleged client/ATM fraud really looks like an inside job to us.
Any way we would like to talk to anyone with helpful suggestions especially if you have had a bad experience or can give advice.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
If you get a good honest lawyer (oxymoron, I know) you will be fine. Be careful of lawyers who seem legitimate and are even heads of certain assocations.

Besides the title you need the 'deslinde' for your property which is often more important than the title itself. You can also get title insurance.

We were actually sold property not owned by the seller (our lawyer at the time got a kick-back from him) and believe it or not, the guy is suing us for the remainder of the sales contract and even got an embargo to freeze our assets because he's high connected and has the local judge in his pocket.

Last edited:

pimentel

Mar 12, 2005
May I help you ?

Please donot hesitate to contact me ,i have all the land that you need in Dominican Republic,
Best regards
F?lix
Jacobb said:
This is kind of a dumb question but when I have been
looking at land in the DR I have seen the total amount of land and then a price per squared meter. My question is: are they just breaking down the price or can you buy a just a portion of that land at the square meter price? Can someone please fill me in? Thanks

maxrocky

Dec 13, 2005
Thank you Conchman for your reply will heed your advice
about a "deslinde" when buying property cant say I have heard this before from any Lawyer.
Well I admit I have a lot to learn about DR there are so many horror
stories about being conned is everyone on the take over there.
Still if anyone wants to chat about anything DR/UK I will try to reply.

mikeyone

Apr 16, 2003
Step right up.

maxrocky said:
Thank you Conchman for your reply will heed your advice
about a "deslinde" when buying property cant say I have heard this before from any Lawyer.
Well I admit I have a lot to learn about DR there are so many horror
stories about being conned is everyone on the take over there.
Still if anyone wants to chat about anything DR/UK I will try to reply.

YES........... M.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Rule One: Go slow.
Rule Two: Never send money.
Rule Three: Get more than one opinion.
Rule Four: Ask local business people (people not in the tourist areas).

Rule Five: Cross your fingers and remember if it is too good to be true......:(:(

HB :D:D:D Spreading Christmas cheer