Land transport blocked for 23 products from DR

GWOZOZO

Bronze
Dec 7, 2011
No Haitian I have talked with has indicated, their affairs where not my concern.
In two years, I look forward to reviewing how affective this short sided policy improved Haitian lives. Maybe you will celebrate the Haitian success story, I sincerely hope it will be the case.

Since you are not Haitian, it is none of your concern.

If you chose to make it your concern, that is your problem.

So far all you have been doing is defending DR economic interests. So your so called concern for Haiti rings shallow.

GWOZOZO

Bronze
Dec 7, 2011
Just as revoking the citizenship of Haitians in the DR did not go over quietly. The same will likely apply to the mafia type maneuver of conditional banning goods from the DR.

Haiti was heard loud and clear regarding fairness to people with Haitians heritage. Apply the same concern at home and prevent a cost increase on those good.

This is similar to Puerto Rico. If the USA would change the law and allow any ship to deliver goods to the island. The economy and life of Puerto Ricans would improve.
But the US Congress is in the pocket of shipping companies in Florida and will not give Puerto Rico the same respect as other territories.

You can not advocate about the rights of Haitian people, then ignore the responsibility to server the public interest and not Haitian politicians seeking to cash in.

Actually DR's decision to tackle its Haitian problem has now gone over quietly.

I fully support DR in tackling its Haitian problem.

The world does not care about DR tackling its Haitian problem. The usual suspects will make some noise and then will move on.

As for the restrictions on entry points of DR goods, your above post shows a total lack of knowledge/understanding of the economic and trade policies of nations.

islandhopping

Nov 11, 2014
I could not find the actual link to the quoted article. Finally some sanity is returning.

Dajabon traders celebrate ban lift

Traders in the northwestern province of Dajabon on the border with Haiti have welcomed the announcement by the Haitian government that there is no ban on the import of 23 products of Dominican origin and/or manufacture by land.

Reporters from Diario Libre talked to a number of traders who said that the ban had led to a 40% fall in sales on the weekly bi?national market day in Dajabon.

The announcement was made by the acting President of Haiti, Jocelerme Privert after a meeting with Minister of Foreign Relations Miguel Vargas Maldonado in Port-au-Prince earlier this week.