Landlord wants to sell the house I live in, are there any rules that protect me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polar Bear

Jun 23, 2011
Judging people will get us nowhere we ought to want to be...
Dam man, there are a lot of people on here that believe in a free ride> I have both rented from others and rented properties that I owned. I have always tried to put myself in both positions.
The OP in my opinion is looking for something he/she doesn't deserve. The owner has the right to sell the property THEY own not the renter! Treat your landlord and your tenant equally.
There is always a lot of risk involved in renting a property. It is not something I plan on doing again in the future but it appears to me the OP seems they are owed something.
By the way, this is not the U.S., Canada or any country in Europe, some people need to wake up!
AND

The tenant is protected from eviction unless a clause in the lease says otherwise.
Respected Dominican lawyer about the law in the Dominican Republic :eek:gre:

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Judging people will get us nowhere we ought to want to be...AND

Respected Dominican lawyer about the law in the Dominican Republic :eek:gre:

Would you like to hold hands and sing kumbaya... come on David give it another 5 yrs here you'll get it ;) p.s Dominican and trusted lawyer good one! ;)  only a nincompoop rents place with out lease and in my 50 yrs have never seen a lease in favour of tenant..

Polar Bear

Jun 23, 2011
I have no idea who David is:bored::ermm:

Have you been in the DR the last 50 years? I believe not. Regardless just like the labor laws in the DR the law favors tenants too unless otherwise agreed to in the lease and sometimes even then. :eek:gre:

It's unhealthy to be an asshole...it's stressful ;)

YOU may not respect Sr. Guzman but many rightfully do and I'll take his word over some internet twat anyday.

Would you like to hold hands and sing kumbaya... come on David give it another 5 yrs here you'll get it ;) p.s Dominican and trusted lawyer good one! ;)  only a nincompoop rents place with out lease and in my 50 yrs have never seen a lease in favour of tenant..

KITTU

May 13, 2015
Just reading the OP's question is interesting. I understand that moving with all the furniture (if yours) and all is complicated but man, The landlord owns the place and he has the right to sell his property when he wants and to whom he wants. He is also giving you time and if i read it correct, your deposit back and one months rent or something? Just let him do what he wants with his goddamn property and start looking for another house to rent. Are you seriously thinking of going to a lawyer, spending money on a property which is not yours? Scared of your intentions!!! The land lord is polite and he sent you a message asking you to let the buyer in, he didn't just come in with buyers and disturb you. Normally when a tenant is living in a house for more than 10 years, in other countries, that is when the owner should be scared! This is not judging you but since you have asked for advice on this forum. Just look for another house and move.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
this is a little advice for the OP. your circumstances might change one day, and you might very well leave the DR and go to live in another country. were i you, i would rethink matters such as these. Dominicans are very patient, forgiving people. you don't want to go to a country like St Croix and try this stunt. they don't have much of a sense of humor there when it comes to things like these.

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
The funny part is that the OP asked this question 4 months ago, and you guys are fighting each other over it now. He hasn't been back since the OP. Maybe the landlord won, and gave him the boot, along with his internet and wifi modem.

Status
Not open for further replies.