Las Canas

SPMGIRL

Jul 13, 2006
jojo2130 said:
I looked seriously there last year . I live in Gaspar Hernandez
Now this is second hand and nothing else.
Not MY opinion but it did affect my decision.
The locals living there were asking under 25/sq mt but I assume you klnow about buying from locals (the dangers and the tramposos)

Not one but 3 Dominican long time residents of Gaspar Hernandez , that had nothing to sell me , and are decent upstanding and honest folks all told me that the beaches in Las Canas are very Dangerous. They also mentioned that the area has been wiped out regularly by high seas because of its geography (I hesitate to say Tsunami) .

On the contrary I spoke just this Canada day to a Canadian gentleman who has been living there for 17 years . And completely contradicts these statements.

There is an aparta/hotel there under renovation and I see several new homes being built on the beach side.

My wife and I love to go there and walk the beaches with our dog. It is a Stunningly beautiful area ! The spacing of the palms , the wide beach. And it really isn't that dirty.

Good Luck

Could it be that they do not want the place overtaken by investors and foreigners?

njm

Jul 27, 2006
Great to know that we have lots of new people coming to La Cana. We have had our home there for the last 10 years and love it. Some of you that have bought there, please let me know where you have bought and we would love to meet you when we come back to the DR in November. Interesting to know that the prices are now at $45 - sure makes our place worth more than 10 years ago!
You might be right - most people that have bought on La Cana don't want it ruined so we tend to not say how GREAT it is.
Nancy

SPMGIRL

Jul 13, 2006
njm said:
Great to know that we have lots of new people coming to La Cana. We have had our home there for the last 10 years and love it. Some of you that have bought there, please let me know where you have bought and we would love to meet you when we come back to the DR in November. Interesting to know that the prices are now at $45 - sure makes our place worth more than 10 years ago!
You might be right - most people that have bought on La Cana don't want it ruined so we tend to not say how GREAT it is.
Nancy

Hi Nancy I am in negotiations for a lot there as we speak. The lot that I am buying is about 5 minutes in from the main road of Las Canas. I'd love to meet you in Novmeber. And please feel free to fill me in on life in Las Canas.

Virginia

STEVE G.

Bronze
Apr 2, 2006
community.webshots.com
SPMGIRL said:
Hi Nancy I am in negotiations for a lot there as we speak. The lot that I am buying is about 5 minutes in from the main road of Las Canas. I'd love to meet you in Novmeber. And please feel free to fill me in on life in Las Canas.

Virginia
How much is per m2 in Las Canas ?