Las Terrenas

marcosalm

Jul 24, 2018
Santiago
Hi all, I live in Santiago and have a large family group visiting, they have planned a day trip to Las Terrenas TOMORROW 30 December!!!! Looking for last minute suggestions for beach, food, and maybe an attraction. They've never been there and it's over 20 years for my wife and I. I know it's late but thanks for any help!!!!! Stay safe!

Pikobello

Nov 12, 2020
Santo Domingo
Well the attraction of LT are the beaches. For a day trip you can't visit all of them. So choose one area and enjoy the day.
You can go direct to the beach at the end of the road of LT, walk to the left to playa las ballenas, or to the right to punta poppy. On both ways you will cross a few Restaurants and Bars. When your family wants to eat fresh fish, go to the local restaurants behind the cemetery at the beach and ask for the catch of the day.

Lou2100

Sep 21, 2020
Toronto
Hi all, I live in Santiago and have a large family group visiting, they have planned a day trip to Las Terrenas TOMORROW 30 December!!!! Looking for last minute suggestions for beach, food, and maybe an attraction. They've never been there and it's over 20 years for my wife and I. I know it's late but thanks for any help!!!!! Stay safe!
The whole place is a beach , if you want privacy stay away from where the main restaurants are crammed altogether . Where i stayed you basically cross the street and the beach was there , a 5-10 min walk to the left or right brought you to a spot you desired . the beach and water there are beautiful as for restaurants , tons of places , I enjoyed Panorama Restaurant, however they only offer take out at this point. But the view form up there was amazing and food good

Lou2100

Sep 21, 2020
Toronto
Thanks also Lou!!!! Really looking forward to a great day!
I stayed in this area https://goo.gl/maps/njmidtyVBaNQheKU8, i believe that is where the big block letters of the towns name is, but its just pure beach there. Hope you get good weather , I don't know how to describe the water , sky blue , crystal clear ? reatuarant strip is to the left way down to the end basically and to the right all i found was beach