Lastest News

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
How does that song go??? ......... Happy days are here again!!! Welcome to HOPE & contentment again.

Last night at the Proms you Brits .....
Land of Hope & Glory, Mother of the Free. ....... Well done Elgar!!!

Last edited:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I think they were so shocked that

Just like the Baninter problem, nobody would tell the king that he was naked....

In Santiago there are people wandering around the Junta Municipal with the mochilas waiting to hand them in...

HB

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Dolores said:
It is on CDN, Miguel Guerrero and Alicia Guerrero, that played the tape where President Mejia recognizes defeat and congratulates Leonel Fernandez.
Just saw him, he recognized that the PLD is victorious. And out they went!

h.erickson

May 16, 2004
amable said:
The incoming PLD needs to start placing impediments as soon as tomorrow, next thing you know there will be no one to hand the power on 16 Aug, they have all left the country disguised as women.

that'll be the day, or didn't you see what they did with Jorge Blanco, he never went to prison, he was "house arrest" and since he had "heart problems" he had his check ups in miami......

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
When President Hipolito Mejia was asked if he had called his contender Leonel Fernandez to congratulate him, Mejia said on TV that he was sending his congratulations by his statement accepting defeat on TV.

Ironies of politics... it had to be President Mejia who came forth, when the institution in charge of the election showed its weaknesses and political slant.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
BushBaby said:
How does that song go??? ......... Happy days are here again!!! Welcome to HOPE & contentment again.

Last night at the Proms you Brits .....
Land of Hope & Glory, Mother of the Fee. ....... Well done Elgar!!!

PLD 56+% in POP, you have been busy :)

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Woken up just before midnight by fireworks in the neighbourhood, knew at once what the news would be...

Chiri

amable

May 16, 2004
Happy days

Robert said:
PLD 56+% in POP, you have been busy :)
As much as I hate the dude, is a good thing he spared us the agony of attepmting to gess what his next move to block or sabotage the proces would be.

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
I don't understand why Leonel has won if the numbers only give him 51% of 2.93% of the polling stations. Why aren't they releasing more numbers?

But I'm happy, of course!

(PS You guys are so lucky you have a day off tomorrow...)

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Graham enigma variations,,,, I hope the repercussions arent too awful. Do you really think the handover it will be that easy,, because of my situation at the moment, a lot of the police have been present at mi casa and there are so many on duty for the next couple of days,,,, I hope its not too awful for all of us, regards Barbara

amable

May 16, 2004
Jane J. said:
I don't understand why Leonel has won if the numbers only give him 51% of 2.93% of the polling stations. Why aren't they releasing more numbers?

Jane, the current president has said that his party's internal count confirmed the trend with 12% of the votes counted, therefore he aknowledges it's futile to resist.

.....and out he goes..... a sembrar yuca (should I translate?)

sadex76

May 16, 2004
Because as I said on another post each party gets a summary of the voting in each table and unlike the JCE does not have to manually inspect the ballots. Since their own delegates signed the voting acts at each table they are accepted at face value. Delegates fax these into party headquarters and at this time PRD had already computed 90+% of tables in the country versus the JCE's 3%.

The JCE has also been slow due to political slanting but it seems that Hipolito, probably under strong pressure from foreign delegates and the US, finally admitted what their own numbers and that of other parties' computer systems say, that he lost the elections. A nice way to get good graces from the next president and leave all his other cronies hanging.

It stil shocks me that 36% voted for that party. This is the party that brought back clientelism to passports, DMV, and other gubernmental offices where those corrupt practices had been eliminated. They efficiently took civil administration to the 80s... and people still voted for them. They showed arrogance beyond belief, became extremely wealthy before all our eyes and people still voted for them. Obviously people who get some sort of benefit directly from the party or fall for their outdated and dirty marketing machinery.

Jane J. said:

ERICKXSON

Bronze
Dec 24, 2002
www.creambay.com
Jane J. said:

80% of the votes counted per CDN.com.do leonel leads by 54%

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Ladybird said:
Graham enigma variations,,,, I hope the repercussions arent too awful. Do you really think the handover it will be that easy,, because of my situation at the moment, a lot of the police have been present at mi casa and there are so many on duty for the next couple of days,,,, I hope its not too awful for all of us, regards Barbara

I doubt it's going to be that easy...he's got 3 months to leave office, right? I have a feeling the party has just started for Hippo...

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
Thanks, amable! This is great!

(I still find it strange - I'm just reading about it now on elcaribecdn.com and it says he said the PRD have "projected" 54% for the PLD - that's only 4% more than 50 - why aren't they cheating and doing the things we were so sure they would? It all seems too easy...)

amable

May 16, 2004
Jane J. said:
Thanks, amable! This is great!

(I still find it strange - I'm just reading about it now on elcaribecdn.com and it says he said the PRD have "projected" 54% for the PLD - that's only 4% more than 50 - why aren't they cheating and doing the things we were so sure they would? It all seems too easy...)
Is getting scary, the PLD went down a few fractions of a percentage point to 51.11%, I just don't believe the bold-headed dude or his "good faith".

amable

May 16, 2004
Remember 2000?

amable said:
Is getting scary, the PLD went down a few fractions of a percentage point to 51.11%, I just don't believe the bold-headed dude or his "good faith".
Also remember that in 2000, Danilo Medina the then PLD candidate aknowledge defeat when the PRD had less that 50%. He recognized that the rejection to his candidacy had been overwhelming. I cross my fingers and hope Mr Hippo is returning the favor to the dominican people here.

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
I remember thinking then too, why the heck is giving up before it's over? And after he did, they stopped talking about the results altogether.

Edited to add: amable, where are you watching your numbers from?

Oh, yeah, and sadex good point - it should have been a lot less for the PRD. Maybe 35% of that 36% was through cheating - they are capable of that! And who would have thought they'd be such quick counters - has the PLD said anything back yet?

Last edited: