laws regarding keeping wife in dominican

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightrider

Feb 22, 2007
my fiancee hopefully comming to uk to be married,my question be if we marry and she has to return to dominican for any reason, am i governed by any laws in me keeping her while she there.:ermm: ..answers be mucho appreciated from anyone who knows..:cheeky:

A

apostropheman

i'm having trouble understanding your question.

do you mean that while she is in the DR do you have to cover the costs of here being there?

or do you mean can you divorce her if she leaves the UK?:bunny::bunny:

or something completely different?:squareeye

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I would lease with the option to buy and have her sign a PRENUPTUAL agreement while you are at it. Kinda' like a car lease, just drop off the car with the keys when you are done! Then you get to pick out a new model in 2 years.

tambo'

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com

do you mean that while she is in the DR do you have to cover the costs of here being there?

Give the guy a break.
He just wants to know the legality of the law....;)

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I would lease with the option to buy and have her sign a PRENUPTUAL agreement while you are at it. Kinda' like a car lease, just drop off the car with the keys when you are done! Then you get to pick out a new model in 2 years.

tambo'
Is that service available at airports, next to the car rental offices?

nightrider

Feb 22, 2007

ok me explicit=if my wife return to dominican!am i responsable for her upkeep ( dinero ),while she there?...

Sep 19, 2005
ok me explicit=if my wife return to dominican!am i responsable for her upkeep ( dinero ),while she there?...
not up until then point she gets a lawyer to make it so.

what kind of duche bag wil drop his wife off and leave her with no means????

divorce her and be done....dont be a piece of dirt.

I cant believe the number of people that post on how to "get away with" something shady...like we all want to help in that reguards.

bob

Feb 7, 2007

Well, if she goes to DR for visit, and the things are OK between you, as a good husband, you should give her some money FOR HER.

If she goes to DR because you have marriage problems, I probably would not give her money.

nightrider

Feb 22, 2007
not up until then point she gets a lawyer to make it so.

what kind of duche bag wil drop his wife off and leave her with no means????

divorce her and be done....dont be a piece of dirt.

I cant believe the number of people that post on how to "get away with" something shady...like we all want to help in that reguards.

bob
....I AM LOOKING FOR SENSIBLE ANSWER,THERE NOTHING SHADY OR DODGY IN ME TO HER...I NEED TO KNOW LEGAL LAW AS TO PAR!. I ALWAYS PAY SO NO PROBLEMA IN ME KEEPING HER YOU SAVVY...

nightrider

Feb 22, 2007
rubio_higuey.... Well, if she goes to DR for visit, and the things are OK between you, as a good husband, you should give her some money FOR HER.

If she goes to DR because you have marriage problems, I probably would not give her money......=THE MOST SENSIBLE ANSWER SO FAR!...FROM SO MANY CALLED INTELLIGENT PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM.....BUT STILL THE NOT THE ANSWER I AM LOOKING FOR?

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
you need to either expand your question, or ask it another way--we aren't understanding what you want to know. People want to help you but we can't if we don't understand you.

Sep 19, 2005
nightrider. I am sorry you didnt like my reply. You know your post is only one of many that I speak of. Thus my comments are very broad and specifically at you only.

really in all fairness, this is a very dynamic question, and not easily answered....and in reality i am sure few people will have the absolute answer, because there isnt one, unless ALL details of said future event are known......

you are really asking how to play your hand with out showing us all your cards....right?

good luck

bob

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Your question is about "wife"

my fiancee hopefully comming to uk to be married,my question be if we marry and she has to return to dominican for any reason, am i governed by any laws in me keeping her while she there.:ermm: ..answers be mucho appreciated from anyone who knows..:cheeky:

Like others have said your question isn't very clear. It depends if she goes back because she is missing home or you are getting a divorce or separating.

If she goes back only to visit for a few weeks or a month I would think it's your moral duty to provide her with food if her family cannot feed her while she is there.

But if she goes back because the marriage has ended and she is suing you for divorce then the subject is different. If you get married in the UK you need to look at your own laws.

Here is the answer that Mr Guzman gave Bob not too long ago.

http://www.dr1.com/forums/464923-post13.html

nightrider

Feb 22, 2007
you need to either expand your question, or ask it another way--we aren't understanding what you want to know. People want to help you but we can't if we don't understand you.

SORRY IF ANY CONFUSION TO MY INFO....I HAVE GREAT REGARDS FOR THIS LADY IN BEING MY WIFE!!.REASON I ASK QUESTION AS IN MY MIND TO KNOW OF IF ANY LEGAL OR LAW STATING MY COMMITMENT TO HER..I NEED PEACE OF MIND YOU UNDERSTAND,,

nightrider

Feb 22, 2007
Like others have said your question isn't very clear. It depends if she goes back because she is missing home or you are getting a divorce or separating.

If she goes back only to visit for a few weeks or a month I would think it's your moral duty to provide her with food if her family cannot feed her while she is there.

But if she goes back because the marriage has ended and she is suing you for divorce then the subject is different. If you get married in the UK you need to look at your own laws...

Here is the answer that Mr Guzman gave Bob not too long ago.

http://www.dr1.com/forums/464923-post13.html
==THANKS FOR INFO MUCH APPRECIATED,IT BE CATCH 22 QUESTION..LETS SUPPOSE SHE COME TO UK AND MARRIES ME! THEN DECIDES SHE NOT WANT TO STAY FOR ANY REASON,THEN IN MY THINKING I HAVE NO LEGAL RIGHT TO KEEP HER.EVEN IF NO DIVORCE GIVEN BY HER..THE LAWS IN UK VERY DIFFERENT IN RESPECT OF KEEPING WIFE WHO NOT IN COUNTRY.

Last edited:

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
A. PLEASE LOSE THE CAPS, it is considered poor Internet etiquette.
B. She is not your property, even if you marry her.
C. She owns YOU, once you get married, not the other way around.

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
Is English not your first language? What is your first language? Do you want to know what will happen if she leaves you forever and returns to the Dominican Republic. Will you have to give her money? Is that your question?

nightrider

Feb 22, 2007
Is English not your first language? What is your first language? Do you want to know what will happen if she leaves you forever and returns to the Dominican Republic. Will you have to give her money? Is that your question?
yes english first language.....and yes to your answer if she leaves and not return?

Status
Not open for further replies.