Leg prosthetist needed.

artistdani

Mar 13, 2012
Yes, peer support is very important in rehab. It helps to keep a positive attitude and to cheer each other onwards. It also provides sympathy (not pity) when you have a temporary setback. A good peer support will also call you on it if you get into self pity. The crutches and I are still flying in tomorrow. I will likely have to continue physiotherapy in POP. Gentle exercises and swimming in salt water make a big difference in strengthening my back. If Ramon was a swimmer before the accident, getting in the water now might feel good although I do not know how he would manage the soft sandy portion of the beach.

Do you remember the athlete who ran in the Olympics with prosthesis on both legs? We won't talk about his personal life but his athletic achievements were impressive. It may be worth sharing with Ramon just of photo of that guy running. Awesome!

Talking about running, I better get running ... too many things to do... too little time..... see you soon!

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Glad that you up and going again artisdani.

We hope that his doctor will say that all is good and that he can begin P.T. on Tuesday. We have also invited Ramon to use our pool that would do him some good, but he needs a someone to help and be a spotter. We live about 7 minutes from the P.T. place so no extra driving. I think that we have some floats and if not, no problem getting one.

Nothing else to do but wait.

We look foreword to meeting you soon. :)

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Ramon saw his doctor Friday and everything looks good. A little TOO good since his doctor said that Ramon did not need any rehab so didn't recommend it to the rehab doctor.

This news really was upsetting for my wife and self. We again stressed to Amado how important the therapy is and that fitting him for a leg will become more difficult. Amado will try to get Ramon to the once a month support meeting at the center next Monday.

Obviously, it is Ramon that has to make his decision and do what he feels is best for himself.

We will work on a date to meet up with Artisdani in the next couple of weeks and get the crutches and perhaps all go down and visit Ramon. :)

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Not much to post concerning Ramon. He is back to work at the plant nursery. No rehab. A new bathroom is being built with a real toilet and shower.

In a couple of months we will look into fitting him with a prosthetic leg.

Most are amazed at how quickly he has recovered and his spirit to get on with his life.

:)

artistdani

Mar 13, 2012
Not much to post concerning Ramon. He is back to work at the plant nursery. No rehab. A new bathroom is being built with a real toilet and shower.

In a couple of months we will look into fitting him with a prosthetic leg.

Most are amazed at how quickly he has recovered and his spirit to get on with his life.

:)

Based on the above and after discussion with Ringo I found a new home for the pair of crutches I brought from Canada. It is someone in POP, a motoconcho guy who got hit by a patana. Needless to say the truck won. Joselito is lucky to have come out of it with "only" a shattered leg. He had surgery last Monday to install pins and I drove him home today. The metal crutches worked much better than the too short wooden crutches he had. He promised to pass them on to someone in need when he is finished with them.