Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
I spent most of my adult life in Western New York, near Canada. About twenty years ago, I had to drive to Philadelphia for a meeting during the month of March. When I got to my destination, everyone was extremely worried about a threatened snowstorm, so much so that schools were closing early and evening classes at colleges and universities were being canceled.

Imagine my surprise when the "storm" deposited about three inches of snow. It is all relative I guess. When I taught in the Buffalo Schools, we'd get eight or nine inches overnight, and school was still opened at the normal time.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
fail32-gif.gif

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Today is the second day of snow and freezing rain here in Raleigh NC. I couldn't go to work all the roads was frozen this morning, NC is closed today!

JJ

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
After 60 years in RI, I moved to TX last fall with the main objective being to never shovel another flake of snow. Looks like I got out just in time.

JohnnyBoy

Bronze
Jun 17, 2012
Snow is great for the economy. People stock up on food, cars get broken up from accidents, potholes and keep mechanics busy, Stores sell out of rocksalt, shovels, snowblowers, ice scrapers, Diners are full of plowmen, linemen cops and all of the other grunts that keep the cities functioning.
And nine months from now we will have a mini baby boom.

So its cold and miserable and you have to shovel and salt your driveway every day and shovel out where the plow blocks you in, and people are shooting eachother over parking spaces and idiots dont clean off thier cars and cause others to have accidents.

Ill be in New Orleans waiting for Mardi Gras. cheers Northeast.