Let us merge now!!! Hispaniola, the new republic!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ERICKXSON

Bronze
Dec 24, 2002
www.creambay.com
Porfio_Rubirosa said:
Maybe it's against Duarte, Sanchez y Mella. But it's for the greatest "Dominican" leaders of all time: Trujillo, Heraux and Pena Gomez - all realmente Haitianos.

As for the M16s, sorry, you're too late. The Dominican ejercito just received a huge shipment from the US, but sold them to the Haitians for a few dollars and some bottles of Barbancourt (the finast rum on the island, I might add).

Trujillo Haitian? hehehehehe! hard to believe, that guy slaughteres hundreths of Haitians remember? :paranoid:

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Hlywud said:
why wud anyone want a part of Hispanola that has been ravaged to the point of no return, the landscape reminded me of Neil Armstromg on the moon, total barren........

I'll tell you why! Haiti is ravaged enviromentally. But, Haiti being the Western one third of Hispaniola and based on how Hispaniola has been on the Dominican side, there is probably a huge gold reserves, marble, petroleum, who knows what's inside Haiti. Of course, the politicians in Haiti are not into that, but imagine! That alone is enough reason.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
What the Hell is going on!!! Is there something in the Air that is making people nuts

Merge with what? Haiti? Over my dead body!!! Anyone that tells me that Duarte, Mella, and Sanchez risked their life (try doing that a while) for the sake of their people having a home, if anyone is going to tell me that that was done in vein, I don't want to see such person, not even in a painting!! This is all the Dominican Republic needed, people to even get the remote idea of merging with Haiti. Damn, The Haitian are winning this battle, not because they are stronger, but because people in the DR have lost their minds!!! Haiti and the DR will NEVER MERGE, NOT AS LONG THAT I LIVE, AND I HAVE QUITE SOME TIME TO GO!! Such action is just not meant to be, if it was meant to be, so much blood would not had been spilled. HOW DARE ANY OF YOU THINK OF SUCH THING. I know Hippo would sell the country and his soul to the Devil if he wanted to, but he is an a**hole waiting to be assasinated, especially if he gets re-elected. Dominicans are very tranquil (as many of you have been surprised due to their passiveness during this crisis), but as history has shown, when Dominicans blow in anger, there is nothing on earth that can stop it! People, do me a favor and don't toy with such rediculous and stupid idea! Haiti and the DR will never merge, I better prefer the DR to merge with AN AFRICAN COUNTRY THAN WITH HAITI. And that is that!!!!

To put this on a personal perspective, why don't everybody on this board begin to talk in Creole, begin to emulate the Haitians and act like them. Practice vodoo, yeah! Forget everything you have learned and forget everything that has made who you are, because you know what, it was destiny for you to be a Haitian. As ridicoulous as that sounds, that is WHAT YOU GUYS ARE SAYING. I'M BEYOND SHOCK!!!

THIS IS FROM NAL0WHS, PROBABLY THE ONLY DOMINICAN WITH THE GUTS TO FIGHT FOR THE DR AND ESTABLISH A DICTATORSHIP IF THAT IS WHAT IT WOULD TAKE TO SECURE DOMINICAN SOVEREIGNITY! AND IF YOU THINK THE U.S. WON'T ALLOW A DICTATORSHIP, JUST WAIT WHEN THEY HEAR THAT THEY CAN DO WHAT THEY WANT AS LONG THAT THEY RECOGNIZE SUCH GOVERNMENT. THEY CAN TEST THEIR BOMBS IN THE ENRIQUILLO BASIN, THEY CAN SET UP MILITARY BASES, THEY CAN COME AND GO AS THEY WISH, MAKE THE DR THEIR HOME AWAY FROM HOME AND WATCH DICTATORSHIP COME BACK TO THE DR!

This maybe the most racist comment ever placed on this board, but such ideology is the only thing that could keep the DR together, from what I have been witnesing lately.

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Porfio_Rubirosa said:
As for the M16s, sorry, you're too late. The Dominican ejercito just received a huge shipment from the US, but sold them to the Haitians for a few dollars and some bottles of Barbancourt (the finast rum on the island, I might add).

Porfi,
Jeez man we had a long discussion about that in the Debate fourm and I gave you ample chances to prove it. You never could. Not even a pic of Haitian rebels with even 2 M-16s in the same photo. So give it up!

Screw merging. Build up the Dominican Military and invade Haiti. Annex the country and put the haitians to work in Factorys and clean up the country. Haiti has better beaches anyway

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Tony C said:
Porfi,
Jeez man we had a long discussion about that in the Debate fourm and I gave you ample chances to prove it. You never could. Not even a pic of Haitian rebels with even 2 M-16s in the same photo. So give it up!

Screw merging. Build up the Dominican Military and invade Haiti. Annex the country and put the haitians to work in Factorys and clean up the country. Haiti has better beaches anyway

The Haitians have made no progress since the days of Toussaint so they don't deserve their side of the island anyway. It is just a beautiful piece of land going to waste. I suggest rounding up all the current occupants of Haiti and shipping them all to Jamaica ( another group of people never to progress). Who cares if Jamaica becomes completely overcrowded. Dominicans could then take complete control of the island and the Haitian problem would be ancient history.
Larry

Majora

May 1, 2004
I'm ashsmed to a Dominican.

[B]I can not believe what I'm reading here. I'm outraged.
Other countries could say the same about us specially those of us who live in the United State. I'm the fourth generation of haitians who's great grand- parents immigrated to the Dominican Republic in seach of a better life just like many of us are doing in the USA today. The big defference between us and my great grand-parents is that they went to the DR to work hard in the sugar fills unlike most of us who are in the United State selling drugs or committing crimes. I could also say that we may not be aware of how many thousands of us drawn every year trying to reach Puerto Rico. Puertoricans now call us (illegal dominicans) an infestation because there so many of us illegally there. I'm outraged at the way in which we put down haitians just because they are poorest than we are. We are no different that the Neo Nazis and the Judes the only difference is that in this case the Judes are haitians. It is time for us Dominicans to stop our hatred toward haitians and start looking at haitians for who they are. They are just human beings like the rest of us.

Majora.

Narcosis

Dec 18, 2003
NalOwhs:

I feel your frustration, and I agree that this is not a laughing matter.

Somehow everytime the subject of Haiti comes-up the world views this as a trivial situation.

Very little media coverage is present today just a mere few weeks after the events took place. This shows the past and present sentiment the world views Haiti.

The worst part is that Haiti may be much worse than any nation in similar circumstances, Haiti has no resources left, very little land to expand into, it is a clear road to disaster and it will affect the DR in a big way sooner than later.

The fact that Dominicans must start to wake-up and take this seriously is what is the underlying message NalOwls seems to make. We can joke about it and walk away like we have always done, or start to make clear choices that address the "hidden agenda".

The first and most important thing we can do is banish the current government/party out of office next week. To achieve this it must be a landslide victory in the first round.

The next step is to be much more vocal to our congress. We must let these PRD chumps know who is in charge, who will kick their butts out of congress in 2 years if they don't start to reflect the majority and not just the scummy interests of the Haitian PRD party.

We must finally sit down in this next term and agree on what a national agenda should be, this agenda should be a non-partisian effort and anyone who does not abide by this should be put on the sidelines publicly, by a renewed media keen on making public any and all wrong-doing.

The fact the PRD use the "governability" issue, that they are the only ones who can govern this country since they control the congress shows how bad the situation is, and how urgent it is to rid the nation of this "Pro-Haitinization" party.

DRsScarface

Feb 26, 2004
Not the Same

Majorca,

The situation with the DR and Hatian illegal people is somewhat different than that of Puerto Rico with Dominican illegal people. The PRs have no right to call us an infestation when THEY were the ones comming over to the DR in the late 1800s and early 1900s when the US and Spain could care less about Puerto Rico. They came over because things in the DR were better than in Puerto Rico and we helped them get jobs and treated them like people....like brothers. Now that our people need help they turn their backs on us and forget what we did for them. On the other hand, Dominicans owe nothing to Haiti. Dominicans have never crossed over to Haiti because Haiti was better off. Haitians have only brought problems and never seem to get their act straight.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I agree with DRsScarface...

Technically, Puerto Rico has never ever in history been anything but a colony to foreign powers. Never have they gotten their independence, so in a way, what ever a Puerto Rican thinks about the Dominicans situation there doesn't have much weight, simply because "Borinquen" belongs to the Americans in Washington. That's the problem when people sell themselves off, when problems arises, their cries don't hold much weight. The DR vs. Haiti is totally different. It's like I said before, the Haitians have brought nothing but problems to the most beautiful island in the Caribbean and possibly the world. Afterall, the DR came out as a manifestation against anything Haitian because the Haitians were treating every person that was either white, spanish speaking, or even recognize that the island also has european elements as if they were non-humans. THAT'S WHY THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC came to being. We, Dominicans, must never ever ever forget that, forgetting that is the same as giving up on a country that has tried to give its people (through the years) a better life. Unfortunately, the DR has some very intrusive and nosy neighbors (the U.S. included) that always get in our affairs when I thought we were independent to do what we want within our borders. I'm not putting blame on others about the inefficiencies in the DR, but there is no doubt that the DR would have been much better off if it was let to choose its own path, rather than foreigners imposing their views on us, included on that are the Haitians (the one's that treat us the worst) and the Americans (the one's that are making the bulk of the money from us).

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Just so that you know....

I was not joking when I started this post. I have practicly given up on the Haitian issue. This, in spite of the fact that I will vote in the Fuerza Nacional Progresista ballot(Vota Azul #21) to try to force Hippo out of office. The FNP is the party that defends our national sovereignty and the take over of our natural resources by foreign interests. The FNP's vote will go for Leonel. This way I will not feel guilty of helping elect Leonel by voting in the PLD(comesolos) ballot, because no sooner Leonel wins, I will start my campaign against his reelection in 2008, something this less evil crook has already planned.

But the FNP's fight against the Haitian invasion has fallen on deaf ears. Most Dominicans have given up on their flag. Dominicans are a bunch of hypocrites, who take their flags out on holidays just for show. But 95% of us are fake patriots who prefer money, giveaways and just being slaves to politicians and the rich, rather than saving our nation. We deserve our fate. So why not make it painless. Let's allow Haitians free access to DR. Why not? The border checks have not stopped them. If anything our army is a safe ticket to our cities and hospitals.

Another reality is that our country is now divided into different camps. The aristocracy and the high class, and I include myself in this line of thought, would now be happy to turn DR into a commonwealth of the U.S. Most of us are now bilingual. I prefer the American flag flying over our land than our raggedy flag. In fact, most of our flags being hoisted at military bases and government offices have holes and many are only 70% thread. Flags are never cleaned or replaced by new flags. The national anthem is not even interpreted at major events in its original form, because most people have forgotten its lyrics and the government does not care.

Another camp is the anti-american, yankee haters and already forgotten leftists and constitutionalist's nostalgic groups. Many Dominicans now try to show their anti-Yankee feelings because it is fashionable due to the war in Irak. They figure, if Americans do not support the war and their soldiers, why should we? Yet we sent troops there. We also love the dollar and we love everything about American culture and try to imitate America. Those groups vow to fight Americans if they invade us again. I will say this...few Dominicans will lift a weapon this time around if Bush or Kerry send troops here. If anything, I would help the Marines with everything I got to make us another state of the union. Why not? This is a welfare state anyway. At least Alan Greenspan knows better than our hapless economists on how to run our economy and use our tax money.

So let the Dominican-Haitian merger go thru. I prefer the stability of U.S. intervention than take a chance on 12 more years of our "tripartite" PRD-PLD-PRSC traitors, who have sold everything but our 12 mile limit. Remember, we will either get another 4 years of Leonel and a possible Hippo comeback on 2008, or 8 more years of Leonel or 8 more years of a combination of Leonel and Eduardo Estrella. It doesn't look good my friends. We are in deep ****. We have turned back 40 years of limited progress. Let's just take the safe road. I would not be unhappy at all if the elections fall apart and a civil war starts on May 17 and we finally are saved by Uncle Sam. It would be better.

TW

Apr 26, 2002
Golo100 said:
The aristocracy and the high class, and I include myself in this line of thought, would now be happy to turn DR into a commonwealth of the U.S. Most of us are now bilingual. I prefer the American flag flying over our land than our raggedy flag....I would not be unhappy at all if the elections fall apart and a civil war starts on May 17 and WE are finally are saved by Uncle Sam. It would be better.
(emphasis added)

Who are "we"? You've just denounced the existence of your country. I'm not sure that you can legitimately say "we" anymore as a reference to Dominicans as a whole.

How's this for a deal? You all, "the artistocracy and the high class", can join America, but only if you promise to move there and not come back.

Forbeca

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
Golo100 said:
I was not joking when I started this post. I have practicly given up on the Haitian issue. This, in spite of the fact that I will vote in the Fuerza Nacional Progresista ballot(Vota Azul #21) to try to force Hippo out of office. The FNP is the party that defends our national sovereignty and the take over of our natural resources by foreign interests. The FNP's vote will go for Leonel. This way I will not feel guilty of helping elect Leonel by voting in the PLD(comesolos) ballot, because no sooner Leonel wins, I will start my campaign against his reelection in 2008, something this less evil crook has
already planned.

It saddens me that you were not joking or frustrated when you wrote this. What is to become of us (ALL DOMINICANS, WHITE/BLACK, POOR/RICH) if we continue to voice such nonsense? Hasta aqui hemos llegado? Como tu puedes escribir semejantes cosas? Donde esta tu valor? Golo tu eres demasiado inteligente y te necesitamos. No te de por vencido. Por favor hermano.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
So Golo prefers to follow the crowd rather than be a leader...

AND you call yourself an aristocrat! My friend, I am very happy with my position in Society and I will not allow for it to be taken from me. In contrary, I would like for more Dominicans to experience my societal level, but me give it up to the Americans or anybody, no way.

So Golo prefers to be taxed 50% of his income (people making over $500,000 a year are taxed half what they earn) and then it goes down to something like 40% for a minimum of $100,000 and so on. You really want to do that?

Golo prefers for his house to be within striking distance of a possible terrorist target?

Golo don't care that people fought for your country that you (like Santana and Baez) are now thinking of giving up, after over 160 years!!!!

Don't be a follower, that just leads to failure, be a leader. See the future as an independent stronger country and act upon your leader capabilities and watch the country change. It will not change tomorrow, but with time it will. Assuming you are of the aristocracy type, you should know that by now. All people that amass wealth, tend to be leaders of somesort. They tend to know how to manipulate peoples thinking, so why can't that skill be used to turn the DR around into better ground.

If you don't believe me, then fine! With the DR being part of the U.S., don't cry about how much of your hard earned money is going to uncle Sam to help out a bunch of lazy scumbags in the so called "gettos" of American citizens, considering that "gettos" never seem to improve, despite the amounts of money being spent, and that is tax payers money!

Oh yeah, pin point to me and every body here when have the U.S. incorporated a non-white country into their union. Don't point to Hawaii, that place was incorporated after 60% of the population were Americans. So, pin point that to me. I wonder why the DR was rejected at the turn of the last century by congress? Don't fool yourself, joining the U.S. won't be a solution to our problems. Joining the U.S. is the easy way out, easy ways are only for wimps, for no bodies, for people that can't handle some responsibility of doing things right. I AM NOT LIKE THAT AND NEITHER SHOULD YOU OR ANY DOMINICAN!!!! DON'T BE A FOLLOWER, BE A LEADER, BUT FIRST YOU MUST BELIEVE IN YOURSELF AND THEN IN THE NATION!! IF YOU LOSE HOPE ON THE COUNTRY AND YOU WISH TO TERMINATE DOMINICAN SOVEREIGNTY, THEN YOU ARE BETTER OFF BEING IN A "BOBEDA" RATHER THAN A DISGRACE TO THE COUNTRY. THE REST OF DOMINICANS MAY BE HYPOCRITES, BUT THEY ARE SUCH BECAUSE THE PEOPLE WITH THE MEANS TO DO SOMETHING HAVE ALLOWED IT TO BE SO, NOW WE MUST CHANGE THAT!

I can't believe this!

Not even Haiti has ever contemplated joining any other state, and they really should think about that, so how can you be so low?

Oh well, maybe you like the exitment of wondering when the next Terrorist attack will be or if this time it will be mustard gas, or an atomic bomb, yeah maybe that's it. Maybe you like to see Anglo-Americans look at you weird and treat you like you're less than they are. You think Puerto Ricans are fully accepted? You don't know what's said behind closed doors! Or maybe you would like to see you're children drift off into war. The U.S. military is currently stretched thin, another attack (which is only a matter of time) will lead the U.S. to impose a draft. THAT INCLUDES ALL AMERICAN CITIZENS BETWEEN AGES 18-26 AND IF THEY RUN LOW IT'S EVERYBODY ELSE! Yeah, that's what you want all because you have lost hope in the country that made it possible for you to be born!

What a disgust! I'm trying to not make this too personal, but it really disgust me! It's clear, if this is the mentality of most Dominicans, the DR is ripe for a revolution of somesort, BUT NOT JOIN AMERICA!

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Porfirio

It is not "us" who are dying, killing each other and even using our life savings to get into a boat, airplane or any method of transportation to get into the good old USA. If you allowed the entire Dominican population to get visas and easy access to Florida, we may end up with empty cities and our countryside would be left to the chivos and burros.

It is for no reason that more than 2,000,000 Dominicans have already left for the USA and Europe. Are they traitors? What makes you and the rest of Dominicans left here patriots? How come only 50,000 Dominican fools in foreign lands are ready to vote( an extreme minority of Dominican abroad)? They just don't care. Why are the sons of our Dominicans abroad joining the US Marines to fight for the Yankees?

Look man, I know how you feel. But be realistic. I used to feel the same way. But I have accepted reality. We have no sovereignty. We have been sold out. We don't even own our own ballplayers groomed and fed here. Major League Baseball owns their bodies, their families and destiny. They own everything. Just join them like everyone else. The rest is hypocrisy.

Our country is not even 200 years old. Better nations have come and gone. Rome is now just a beautiful city. Babylon is nothing but disastrous Bagdad. Our greatest empires sitted in what is now Istambul, a mediocre city most known for its antiquities than its importance to humankind. Athens is just pure nostalgia. What makes us unique or better than these great empires and city states? We are but a banana republic aspiring to be something we cannot be.
TW

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I will only say this...

I am just going to put three quotes by Napoleon Hill that you should really print them out, read them over and over and apply them to what you are saying. Please, don't give up on nation - even others have, leaders never give up!

WHATEVER THE MIND OF MAN CAN CONCEIVE AND BELEIVE IT CAN ACHIEVE

A QUITTER NEVER WINS, AND A WINNER NEVER QUITS

EVERY ADVERSITY, EVERY FAILURE, AND EVERY HEARTACHE CARRIES WITH IT THE SEED OF AN EQUIVALENT OR A GREATER BENEFIT

Also, keep in mind that Thomas Edison dreamed of a lamp that could be operated by electricity, began where he stood to put his dream into action, and despite more than TEN THOUSAND FAILURES, he stood by that dream until he made it a physical reality. Don't quit on the Dominican Republic Golo.

Also, keep in mind that Marconi dreamed of a system for harnessing the intangible forces of the ether. Evidence that he did not dream in vain may be found in every radio and television set in the world. It may interest you to know that Marconi's "friends" had him taken into custody, and examined in a psychopathic hospital, when he announced he had discovered a principle through which he could send messages through the air, whitout the aid of wires or other direct physical means of communications. Don't ever stop dreaming of a better DR, Golo!

And last but not least, NO ONE EVER IS DEFEATED UNTIL DEFEAT HAS BEEN ACCEPTED AS A REALITY!

Never ever ever forget that!

Apr 26, 2002
Failed State

Golo,

If your point is that the RD is in danger of becoming a marginalized, failed country (a "Haiti"), then I agree with you. Yesterday, I saw over 100 cars caravaning for Hippo on, ironically, Juan Pablo Duarte Avenue in Washington Heights. I thought that each occupant was much more of a traitor to their country. They would sell their mothers. They represent at least 1/3 of the Dominican population. This is a major problem.

Compadre, I'm in the US now, so I don't want to sound hypocritical. But you can be assured that the great majority of Dominicans in the US would not want Quisqueya merged with the US. It is nice to have feet in two countries. Nobody wants the RD to become a Puerto Rico - who sold their cultural souls to the devil (but got a good price).

Narcosis

Dec 18, 2003
Golo:

Do you have any idea how many Italians left for the US, Canada, Brazil and Argentina? Much more than 2 million, how about Irish, German, Chinease and even Japanease?

The fact people will look towards new lands for opportunities does not mean the country is a failure and that we should give-up on it.

Only those that have nothing to lose give-up. I wonder just how you consider yourself an "aristocrat" if you have nothing to lose here? I think you should re-evaluate your thoughts especially on the dawn of a new day for this country. Now is the time to take a stance so people will not repeat previous mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.