License plate renewal, new law needed

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
They also change the nomenclature. And also when they need to reuse the numbers as cars get discharged from the system. That was the reason in 2002. They ran out of numbers so they started all over adding a second letter in the process.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
It is what it is.
A handout for government for holiday.
I paid more back in a state on a holiday season.
Be ready to pay at the bank or AMET if you hadn't renew.
I will be renewing mine in a week or so...

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
how many years?

do you mean a new plate with a different number?

that is a physica [not license] replacement for a reason you will explain me

but I imagine it is because they get old and unreadable, cant see any other reason so far

It's for the reason castle mentions: they ran out of numbers, but what you would expect is that they issue new license plates for new registered cars, not to change ALL license plates with the new nomenclature. I remember at that time everyone was aware that the 2300 pesos (I think it was) about usd100 at that time, was to fund the government. If I remember well, it was right after the IMF came supervising government spending.

Rep Dom

Bronze
Dec 27, 2011
I have a car in DR but I'm out of the country to work... I'm not sure I can be back before the end of december.
Will I be able to get the new sticker after december?

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
you mean stikers?

explain the difference, it is the same to me

do you mean the actual system is more efficient than "my proposal"? :confused:

what are you? some kind of anarchist spoilsport? are you trying to soil the country's reputation by introducing reason and logic?

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
I have a car in DR but I'm out of the country to work... I'm not sure I can be back before the end of december.
Will I be able to get the new sticker after december?

If you have someone that can receive it for you down here, order it online, send that person a copy of the matricula and your cedula and put their address down for the delivery. That way you won't have to worry about getting it when you get back.