Living in the TCI has it's risks too for Dominicans

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
Just got word another Dominican woman has gone missing in TCI.

o8x9hy.jpg

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller

Is this another one?

I heard yesterday evening from someone living in the Provo that they had found the young lady's body near North West Point....apparently same girl in the police notice posted and in El Caribe. The one you post looks very different.

[video]https://www.facebook.com/turksandcaicossun/videos/511902299008861/[/video]

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
Is this another one?

I heard yesterday evening from someone living in the Provo that they had found the young lady's body near North West Point....apparently same girl in the police notice posted and in El Caribe. The one you post looks very different.

[video]https://www.facebook.com/turksandcaicossun/videos/511902299008861/[/video]

Cant say for sure, I just looked at the dates vs the post. There have been three chicas killed this year on provo and all three set on fire after they were killed. I was talking to a friend on provo tonight and he was telling.me that things there are really bad fight now as in not safe for anyone. the police are having issues with being paid by the TCI government. Note that none of the police are from TCI. They all come from other islands. Its a normal thing throughout the islands.

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
Thank you for this news post dv8. Very sad situation for Dominicans that live there for sure.

tamarindero

Jul 20, 2016
There is more to the story than what's being said by our Dominican newspaper!! It all started when a dominican when into the mart and purchase a beer, which is prohibited on sundays in providenciales, when police approach this gentleman to talk to him about the beer he got very nasty with them at this time they proceed to arrest him which got the crowd very irate and they started attacking the police officers.

I will be posting the links here later on, with videos and reports. I do not condone this type of behavior, what is very sad is that what was suppose
To be a peaceful march turn this way all because of the behavior of one individual, and the clerk at the mart that sold him the beer.

tamarindero

Jul 20, 2016
and the peaceful march was dispersed using tear gas. really sad. dominican community there must feel very vulnerable now.
http://elnacional.com.do/dispersan-marcha-de-dominicanos-en-islas-turcas/

There is more to the story. Man arrested for numerous offences during protest
Hits: 4
Around 5pm on Sunday 17th July 2016, a 36-year-old male from the Dominican Republic was arrested for numerous offenses.

The male who at the time appeared to be under the influence of alcohol, got angry and pushed a Police Officer after he was informed that he cannot consume alcoholic beverage during the protest and that it was illegal for it be sold at the time. When the officer approached the man, he noticed he had a small knife in his possession.

With the assistance of other officers, the man who was resisting and behaving aggressively was arrested. A group of persons approached the officers by making threats and use of abusive words in their native language while trying to take the man away from the police lawful detention.

A number of police officers were assaulted during this incident.

The man was later released on police bail.

tamarindero

Jul 20, 2016
There is more to the story. Man arrested for numerous offences during protest
Hits: 4
Around 5pm on Sunday 17th July 2016, a 36-year-old male from the Dominican Republic was arrested for numerous offenses.

The male who at the time appeared to be under the influence of alcohol, got angry and pushed a Police Officer after he was informed that he cannot consume alcoholic beverage during the protest and that it was illegal for it be sold at the time. When the officer approached the man, he noticed he had a small knife in his possession.

With the assistance of other officers, the man who was resisting and behaving aggressively was arrested. A group of persons approached the officers by making threats and use of abusive words in their native language while trying to take the man away from the police lawful detention.

A number of police officers were assaulted during this incident.

The man was later released on police bail.
http://www.tcipolice.tc/index.php/allnews/720-man-arrested-for-numerous-offences-during-protest