livinglife

livinglife

Nov 22, 2015
apt 4 rent

I checked out the web sit and for 31 days they want $400 a month but i do not know how long ago you stayed there or better rate in low season,it is really nice though

May 29, 2006
Actually they are for sale here, just no one buys them. I went with a friend as he bought a T-Rex moto and the dealer had those babies in your link. 222,000 pesos. Five thousand bucks, not bad really, but if I had the money I would hold out for an Elio that will be available in the USA in a year or two! Three wheelers like that were quite popular at the border area between Guatemala and Mexico at one point in time.
Der Fish

A T Rex is $5k? wow.. there all over Higuey. maybe one in twenty bikes.

livinglife

Nov 22, 2015
saw 6 one time on a little 110 cc in thailand,the whole family mom dad and 4 kids ,it was wild but most of the time only 3,bummer I miis out in form with Indian man in love,all so sounds like Thailand lol,i think with same results

Aug 6, 2006
I wonder if they could haul even more people in one of those trikes than on the usual 125 cc Chinese bikes. I have seen four people and one baby, but I am sure that is not the record.

Aug 6, 2006
The T Rex looks like a lot more fun, with two wheels in front and one in the rear, as opposed to the opposite arrangement of a tuk-tuk. But a T Rex does not strike me as the sort of thing a motoconcho would use.

I am afraid I annoyed a motoconcho in Barahona by refusing to ride his moto just because I could see the cords peeking through his tire.
They don't go all that fast, but they do go fast enough to cause serious problems, like, death, for example. I have an imagination that gives me the vision of the bike I am on blowing a tire and out of control as to slams into another moto laden with cargo.

livinglife

Nov 22, 2015
i would sure like to know the name of that place,thats a $100 a month,brand new,i guess i will just have to wait til i get there,I am getting quotes from a $2000 a month to a $100 a month.You sure can not make any kinda of budget plans from that and if it is that expensive,I sure will not be there long,I like it here but hope to get closer to my but will not live like a beggar to do so,It will not hurt to visit for a few weeks,it is my yearly visit anyway and I have all the time in the world

livinglife

Nov 22, 2015
is there anyone who actuality lives in Susua or very close,there is a lot of advice from some on this form from people who do not even live there and I do want to make my starting point there,I have found many things I like about it so far

fifilein

Mar 24, 2011
I am currently looking for a 1BR. Decently sized, properly furnished, 24 electricity, planta or inverter, internet and in the proximity of Sosua (so not Perla Marina or other apartments in the middle of nowhere)

I am calculating somewhat around 550-650 (plus electricity on top). I have a real estate agent involved so I am sure I you search directly you can reduce that even more. Don't have to big of a choice currently, there will be more available in April, when all the snowbirds are gone.

livinglife

Nov 22, 2015
can i get some input on the best and safest way to get from the airport to Sosua,i think i will be coming from Atlanta or Miami.do not think they have a flight from Cincinnati and what is the closest airport to Susua

fifilein

Mar 24, 2011
POP airport and then a cab, the current fare was posted in the forum some days ago

i am also pretty sure they do not have a direct flight from atlanta, not aware that delta is flying this route, they fly to atl-sti.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
closest airport to sosua is called gregorio luperon airport and the code is POP. official rate to sosua is 25 dollars.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
I wonder if they could haul even more people in one of those trikes than on the usual 125 cc Chinese bikes. I have seen four people and one baby, but I am sure that is not the record.

I saw 6 a number of years back over near La Romana. I also saw 6 in Thailand but Thai people generally smaller, more impressive with Dominicans. They have tuk tuks in Mao.