Location, location, location

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Thanks Chip! I will send you a PM.

We have taken onboard the advice we have received, Weve been trawling around the site/s for a while now (sorry that sounds a bit perverted but you know what we mean) and no hasty decisions will be made.

We've placed on order the electrified fencing, double-barrelled shotgun along with a few litres of milk, large bottles of no-trust tablets to be taken daily with a pinch of salt and lots of forewarning, oh and never jog with an exposed midriff!

You see, I can learn from my errors of judgment! :bunny:
Leave the shotgun at home.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
You see, I can learn from my errors of judgment! :bunny:

Just one to add to that........not everyone here is fully appreciative of a British sense of humour, I guess you have to be one to spot it straight away..............;) Other nationalities are less practised in laughing at themselves. Not wanting to go off topic, but just to explain why sometimes it's obvious to you that you're tongue-in-cheek but may not always be obvious to others.

But if you can get your meaning across to the expats you should have no problem with the Dominicans ;).

richfl

Sep 30, 2009
I'm new to this forum, and I don't know about the DR. But, 8 years ago I bought a condo in Freeport Bahamas. I'm trying to sell it, so I can't say how much I've lost over that time yet, but its a lot. I moved to Florida about 5 years ago (same weather), and I would have liked to sell my condo, but like others said, easy to buy, hard to sell.

The costs of transaction taxes when you buy and sell need to be considered. Ultimately IMO no decision should be made without considering rent verses buy comparison. If I had invested the money at home and used the interest to defray the costs of a long term rental I'd have been money ahead and had flexibility of no requirement to sell. I made a mistake for myself.

I think about retiring to a place like DR as a life adventure, but I've lost a little bit of my sense of financial adventure.