Looking For A Chinese Wok

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
This would be the next step up. With a 30psi regulator, it's made for cooking boiling 40 gallons at a time:

Amazon.com: Bayou Classic KAB6 Bayou Cooker with Hose Guard: Patio, Lawn & Garden

The SP10 sounds perfect, and after looking at the photo, that's EXACTLY what my brother used.............
He cooked with a Wok on this and at 185,000 Btu's...........Best Chinese food I ever had...........
AND FASSSSSST......
I'm going to order this today, at 20lbs, it will cost approx 90.00 to ship EPS.........LOL

B in Santiago

May 29, 2006
Dammit, now I want one too..

If you ever want to make a Gen Tsao Chicken, what I do is slice either chicken breast or thigh as thin as possible, then mix in about one egg per three pounds of meat with either sesame oil or chicken base for flavor. Then add some corn starch to make a gummy mess which you can either wok or deep fry. I put it on the underside of a sheet pan(so it slides off easily) and flick it into the oil with some tongs. If it clumps in the oil, it's a real hassle to mess with.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
waytogo: Please get in touch when that thing arrives. I really might be interested in one. I think I will look at the ones down on Las Carreras first, and see what kind of an arrangement I can make (I am pretty sure they will do it custom for me)...might be a whole lot cheaper. That thing looks awesome!

HB, have wok, cleaver and chopsticks....will travel

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
I just remember when my brother was into all that Chinese wok cooking. He researched and experimented with all the authentic Chinese herbs, oils, and spices and it tasted incredible. And after cutting all the meat and veggies, it cooked in less than 1 minute. Don is taking me to Estufania early this morning so I will report if they have something that fits the bill. But first, I believe he is taking me hostage to help him paint his roof........lets see if he can keep up......lol.....

Barry in Santiago looks like rain...lol

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
But the Bayou Classic SP10 won't work well with a wok....But it could be modified so a wok would fit better.

We will get some ideas shortly..

HB

May 29, 2006
But the Bayou Classic SP10 won't work well with a wok....But it could be modified so a wok would fit better.

We will get some ideas shortly..

HB

Most woks either are flat on the bottom now or come with a ring adapter. Mine is high carbon steel with a flat bottom and a long wooden handle that doesn't conduct heat. I've switch over to the wok for sauteing and also use it for a deep fryer for wings.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I have one like that, but my cast iron ones are all rounded and those rings, eeeh? they move around when you get moving a bit...

This might end up being very interesting.

HB

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Went to Estufania yesterday and what they were selling wouldn't work. They sold 2 different Btu rated burners, one a 2 ring, 1500DP the other a 3 ring 2300DP, but the holes where the flames come out where the size of pencil tips, way to small.
Their finished products were made out of steel auto wheels and they definitely wouldn't work. I am going to the states sometime in early October and I will bite the bullet and purchase this professional model and ship in.............

American Range ARWR-J16 Wok Range

I enjoy serious cooking and I can see I can only put together something here that I won't enjoy.
I have had too many things made here and they NEVER turned out correct or workable...........
Just don't want to keep throwing good money after bad..............
I would be using this A LOT so it has to work like I want it to...............

B in Santiago