Looking for Mofongo in LT

Rumble2005

Mar 18, 2006
I believe mofongo is more of a Puerta Rican dish but I do think it is also traditionally enjoyed in the DR.
I am wondering where we could try mofongo in Las Terrenes ?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I believe mofongo is more of a Puerta Rican dish but I do think it is also traditionally enjoyed in the DR.
I am wondering where we could try mofongo in Las Terrenes ?

Hopefully you’ll find it there, I’ll be surprised if you don’t. It’s all over DR. In Santo Domingo they have whole restaurant devoted to it. (La Casa Del Mofongo). PR known for it, but very popular in DR too.

Reactions: Rumble2005

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Hopefully you’ll find it there, I’ll be surprised if you don’t. It’s all over DR. In Santo Domingo they have whole restaurant devoted to it. (La Casa Del Mofongo). PR known for it, but very popular in DR too.
Go to Pedidos.com and search for mofongo there. You'll get dozens of results.

Here in San Cris I have at least 20 options, and most of them have different varieties. Sooo good!

MisterDom

Dec 11, 2022
USA
I know I'm late to the party, but there are tons of places with mofongo in Las Terrenas. I'd check the 'Komida' app.

MisterDom

Dec 11, 2022
USA
A good place to check would be pica pollos and comedors, but you'll probably find it anywhere in the area that serves dominican food

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
One word of advice, don't heat up mofongo in the microwave. It goes severely rubbery. And I find it doesn't like being in the fridge either. You pretty much have to buy it and use it straightaway.

MisterDom

Dec 11, 2022
USA
One word of advice, don't heat up mofongo in the microwave. It goes severely rubbery. And I find it doesn't like being in the fridge either. You pretty much have to buy it and use it straightaway.
Totally agree. However, I've been known to eat it cold out of the fridge after topping it with some generous amounts of Baldom hot sauce

Reactions: aarhus

Rumble2005

Mar 18, 2006
So , admittedly , I did not follow all the advice above last year , such as trying the Kamido app or Pico Pollo. Thus, we did not find Mofongo.
Those options did not appeal to me.
We are again preparing to return to LT . Is there a specific restaurant anyone can recommend? I am not going to get Mofongo from a App or a fast food joint. That's just me.
I want a decent sit down establishment where I can enjoy this with a glass of wine.
Thank You in advance.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
So , admittedly , I did not follow all the advice above last year , such as trying the Kamido app or Pico Pollo. Thus, we did not find Mofongo.
Those options did not appeal to me.
We are again preparing to return to LT . Is there a specific restaurant anyone can recommend? I am not going to get Mofongo from a App or a fast food joint. That's just me.
I want a decent sit down establishment where I can enjoy this with a glass of wine.
Thank You in advance.
Food apps have ratings for restaurants. The place I usually buy Mofongo has a 4.9 out of 5 rating, and it's really good.

Maybe make a list of places from the app, then visit each of them and look at what the customers are eating. Maybe ask them if it's good or not. Ask to see the wine cellar.

Rumble2005

Mar 18, 2006
Food apps have ratings for restaurants. The place I usually buy Mofongo has a 4.9 out of 5 rating, and it's really good.

Maybe make a list of places from the app, then visit each of them and look at what the customers are eating. Maybe ask them if it's good or not. Ask to see the wine cellar.
Thank You and you made me smile on the wine cellar comment.

• Haha
Reactions: JD Jones