Looking for these cigars

pelaut

Bronze
Aug 5, 2007
www.ThornlessPath.com
Why smoke Cuban when the DR has some of the best, if not THE best?
And Cohibas? Yes, they make them here. The best are those made for Cuba to sell in Cuba, since the Fidelistas can't sustain a production economy to answer their demand. Ask anyone in Cuba who's not afraid to confide the truth.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Stay away away from the Dominican street/beach vendors.
The guys selling boxes of "Cuban Cigars"!
They really are very clever.
They show you a box of "Genuine Cubanos" that says "Hecho En La Republica Dominicana" on the bottom of the box.
They explain that this is done to confuse the customs inspectors in the USA, where Cuban Cigars are illegal to impost!!!
I can only get genuine "Cubanos" here in the DR from my "Dutchie Connection",:smoke::smoke::smoke: by way of Holland!!!!!
Go Figure!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

manny20

Oct 2, 2012
Arturo fuentes was told he couldn't grow a good wrapper I'm Dominican Republic,only good interiors..he proved them wrong with the OPUS X..the best pure dominican cigar all Dominican in and out it got 2008 cigar of the year

exeurodominican

Feb 1, 2014
CC is absolutely right! Metter of fact is that “we “ Dutch ruled the world in the past and got sick and tired of it.:cool:

Even New York use to be Dutch called New Amsterdam. We sold it to the British and look what a mass you all made of it.:p

The US currency the Dollar comes from the Dutch word “Daalder”.

Royal Shell, Philips Electronics, Unilever etc. are Dutch. So…. You need to be very grateful and very nice to us!:lick:

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
Why smoke Cuban when the DR has some of the best, if not THE best?
And Cohibas? Yes, they make them here. The best are those made for Cuba to sell in Cuba, since the Fidelistas can't sustain a production economy to answer their demand. Ask anyone in Cuba who's not afraid to confide the truth.

Pelaut,

I don't mean to offend you, but you are looking at it from a limited perspective imo.

There is no 'best product', just the same that there is no best color for a shirt. When all is said and done, all issues adressed, very, very good products are made in Cuba, Dominican Republic and Nicaragua. It is a matter of taste which one prefers.

This is supported year after year in the serious cigar magazines, where the best products from these three countries are always given high ratings.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Wrappers", "Binders", and "Fillers" come from all over the world.
I feel that some of the best cigars are from tobaccos from various growing regions blended together.
The DR imports huge quantities of tobacco leaves from around the world for some of their premium blended cigars.
"Diversity" makes for better cigars.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

exeurodominican

Feb 1, 2014
"Wrappers", "Binders", and "Fillers" come from all over the world.
I feel that some of the best cigars are from tobaccos from various growing regions blended together.
The DR imports huge quantities of tobacco leaves from around the world for some of their premium blended cigars.
"Diversity" makes for better cigars.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

"Wrappers", "Binders", and "Fillers" were the words I was looking for!! Getting old I guess. CC, Thanks !

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Getting Old", beats the hell out of the alternative!!!!!
Every morning I don't see my name in the "Obit." :dead::dead:is a good one!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
Stay away away from the Dominican street/beach vendors.
The guys selling boxes of "Cuban Cigars"!
They really are very clever.
They show you a box of "Genuine Cubanos" that says "Hecho En La Republica Dominicana" on the bottom of the box.
They explain that this is done to confuse the customs inspectors in the USA, where Cuban Cigars are illegal to impost!!!
I can only get genuine "Cubanos" here in the DR from my "Dutchie Connection",:smoke::smoke::smoke: by way of Holland!!!!!
Go Figure!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Chris,

Just so you know - Cuban cigars are officially called Habanos. Cubanos are guys from cuba, the variety you are interested in is called Cubanas, not to be confused with Cabanas.

There was this little lawsuit with Davidoff about this once :)

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
As a matter of fact, when I went to Cuba, "La Habana", I smoked a "Habano" but not in a "Cabana", but in my hotel lobby!
AND, I also "Smoked" a "Cubana" but also not in a "Cabana", but in an old ladies house who rented rooms by the hour.
When I was leaving after 15 minutes, I asked her if I still had 45 minutes "Credit"?????
She said "No"!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

PS, the "Cubana" was just the same as a "Dominicana", but with an airplane trip on "Air Cubana"to find that out!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
As a matter of fact, when I went to Cuba, "La Habana", I smoked a "Habano" but not in a "Cabana", but in my hotel lobby!
AND, I also "Smoked" a "Cubana" but also not in a "Cabana", but in an old ladies house who rented rooms by the hour.
When I was leaving after 15 minutes, I asked her if I still had 45 minutes "Credit"?????
She said "No"!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

PS, the "Cubana" was just the same as a "Dominicana", but with an airplane trip on "Air Cubana"to find that out!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

hahahahahaha

CCCCCCCCC Here all week