Los Alcarrizo

D

Duarte

Re: Los Alcarrizos-Emergency Becca!!

What the #$%@ are u talking about? Cotui a dangerous town? Have u ever been there? You must be afraid of your own shadow. As for Alcarrizos I don't know how dangerous it is. Like I said I've never been there, and I didn't recommend it to anybody. Read my post before answering! What I do know, however, is that people like you who are afraid of evertyhing tend to exagerate. I've been to many supposedly "dangerous" towns (Mexico City, The Bronx, LA, etc...), and never had any problems whatsoever. I live in Detroit, which people think is dangerous. It is not. Now if you look scared and lost, everywhere you go, then you'll definitely be taken advantage of. The only place where I've ever felt a little concerned was in North philadelphia, which by the way, I rank as the ugliest city I've ever visited. I seriously doubt that Los Alcarrizos is more dangerous than Capotillo or Los Guandules, where I have friends that I visited all the time, and then again never had a problem. Obviously, use common sense. If you're not from there, then don't be walking alone, at 3:00 AM, with a pocket full of cash...I'm leaving for the DR Thursday. Come on down to Cotui and I'll show you what a nice town this is.

M

Maria Obetsanov

Re: LOS ALCARRIZOS since 1985

I lived in El Million in 1985 and to me that is a middle-class area. I had a relative that had a business at the entrance to Los Alcarrizos, this old man called Comandante, across from the park at the entrance. He was rob in his bed a knife held to his neck, this town has never been a safe area. The whole capital is a fast changing place, care should be taken when travelling.

D

Drake

Re: Alcarrizos has good and bad-TW

Los Alcarrizos is one of the the largest and fastest growing barrios in the National District. the majority of residents are new arrivals from the campo. Mostly from the Cibao. It does its dangerous sectors that is overrun by gangs and drug related problems. The police do not even dare to enter these area. but the majority of the area that the Alcarrizos covers which is vast is populated by innocent camposinos.

As far as Cotui being a dangerous town. You must be nuts! I have not visited a place that I feel safer. The people of Cotui are some of the nicest you will find in the DR. Just go to the park on a Sunday evening.

D

DR1

You have been around :)

My last girl was from Piantini, to be honest, I prefer the current one from Villa Mella :)
From Physiologist to cashier with one easy phone call...

Rob.

L

Loren

You must be in Farmington Hills

Detroit is not dangerous anymore cause Toledo is the hood for Detroit, hahahha
Actually, Flint last time I was there, was a raggedyass hood! Never really been to the inside inside Detroit, just been to the suburbs on business and driving through to Canada (I'm down in Ohio.)
New York, not dangerous
Mexico City, Not dangerous
Michoac?n, Not dangerous
DC? half & half
Baltimore: Hellhole, except the suburbs
Managua, Getting alot better. Used to be awful.
Philadelphia is pretty hooked.
Gary Indiana: bad
Alcarizzos: bad!
I have never been to Cotui. I guess you were responding to TW.

C

criss colon

Re: You have been around :)

"The darker the berry,the "sweeter" the juice!!Criss

A

azb

Re: Skip for $200 a cab will drive you

Thanks TW,
OK guys, now you all got your best leads. Now get out and get to work. Your dream chopa is waiting for you.
oh, make sure you use the 45 caliber (more stopping power) as opposed to the small 9mm automatics.

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

Re: Cotui is a dump

Duarte:You must be the one who hasn't been to Cotui. Cotui is a dump. It is the only town in the Dominican Republic where people are using the streets as farmyards because there hasn't been any pavement in forty years. There are streets there full of platano trees right in the middle of the street. There is no passage for cars anymore!

Cotui is full of drugs, crime and a terrible unemployment. There are no jobs, no future, nothing there. What do you know? Tell me about it. Don't defend the indefensible.

TW

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

Re: You have been around :)

Robert: I can understand your plight with Piantini girls. They are too expensive. I agree too.

TW

P

Pasola Joe

Re: Cotui is a dump...so true!

I read some bathroom grafitti in the city of SFM that said "Flush twice it's a long way to Cotui." You need to visit the town of Fantino in Cotui.....a dazzler!

PJ

M

Maria Obetsanov

Re: Santo Domingo and suburbs

Santo Domingo and the sububs are not the great city that many that live there claim it to be. I have lived there when the population was smaller, and each time even in so called good area. To live in a city you ned a level of civilization that few city dweller have developed. I hate to have to yell out a window, QUIET! in a school night.One in the morning is not a time for children to be running in a courtyard screaming. Civilization has to be accomplished before moving into city life. There are to many country bunking and US return hoods living in that city for my confort.

P

Pib

It all depends where you live.

True: Santo Domingo have extremely noisy areas. Noise pollution in some parts of town highly exceeds the standards. But... there are some very quiet neighborhoods. I had the not so good idea of buying in one the biggest streets in my neighborhood, traffic is heavier than in the rest of the streets. Nonetheless it is still quiet enough to sleep in the daytime. If I had the money to buy better I'd buy in the same area, only that I will chose a narrow street.

T

Tom F.

Re: Cotui is a dump...so true!

Cotui is a nice clean little town. The area has rich farm land and is very productive.

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

Re: I hate to go to Fantino....

Passola Joe: I would hate to go to Fantino and run into blabber mouth Abigail Pena!

TW

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

Re:Downtown Cotui is a rich farmland!

TomF:
I agree with you. Cotui has some very rich farmlands and cattle. RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF DOWNTOWN!!!. Have you seen the burros tied up to the front porch posts in the houses? hehehe!
TW

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

Re: Skip for $200 a cab will drive you

AZB:
Don't be so hasty. You might get some of these horny old men killed. You know damn right that you have to let the Chopas come to you in places like Plaza Central, Multicentro,Avenida del Puerto and other public locations. To go to the neighborhoods to try to pick up one of these gorgeous chopa divas can be treacherous. However, your patented style of picking them up at the exit of the Santiago-Santo Domingo Duarte highway is cool!!hehehe. I've picked up a few myself and never got past the Cabanas before the Jarabacoa-La Vega junction(final stop). Just watch out for her guy hiding behind some bush.

You never know how many boyfriends they have in their ghetto. Plus they might be the Chief Tiguere's ladies and now you are in deep cow chips up to the knees. It is a cardinal sin to pick up girls right in their neighborhoods, even when they have invited you over for the first time. You have to scout the area and do some investigative work before.

You should also check the status of their family. It would only take one visit to be handed the bill for the father's recent gall bladder surgery , or the brother's rehabilitation at Hogares Crea. By the way, have you noticed that all the Hogares Crea solicitors who are selling stickers for fund raisers are Colombians? Now Colombians are coming here to get high and then they want us to support their rehab too.

TW