Lots going on, but nothing happening

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
so we had a great sunny weekend over here, been with the Mrs down in Boca de Yuma this afternoon for a friend's wedding at the "El Arponero", weather been perfect and pure sunshine, very low wind, late afternoon the wind even died down completely.
back home 30 minutes ago we received a 10 minutes shower in cabeza de toro, nice and fresh air now, great for a good sleep later on.
the atlantic around our island is quiet and without any dangers, nothing to expect for the next days.

like i mentioned in prior posts the next storm brewing should be west of us, western caribbean or gulf of mexico.
and it is the south western caribbean off the Costa Rican coastline where we have a wide area of disturbed weather, associated with a tropical wave and hitting in a low pressure sytem.
two_atl.gif

waterbody is hot there, but windshear(difference of windspeed between the high level and low level winds) is actually very high, that area is not moving, near stationary, so for the rest of the week there should no significant development been recognized.
the long range models count the windshear to fall early this weekend,
so during the weekend that area may get organized which could provide a tropical depression there next week with good chances and favorable surroundings to brew a storm, means get a name on the screens.
nothing of that will be any thread for our island, it would be for the central american coastline wandering very slowly northwards, Islandwise the Caymans would be on such path/threatened area.
for our own island we will have the shield still up for several more days,
no chance to get something dangerous formed at the moment.

fresh rainy nights and hot sunny days,
very low winds and extremely calm ocean conditions,
that's what we will go on to face here on the eastern coastline of the Isle.
'nite
Mike

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Dang, I have not even looked at the page for three days. Most disppointed that nothing is happening......:(

HB

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
and we can go on not looking on the pages, ha ha.
94L could not develop and stays still in front of Nicaragua,
while there is a lot of rain in that area involved there are no signs of a brewing storm, the distrurbed area got in no way organized during the last days and there are no signs that it could do such this upcoming weekend.

93L on the middle of our highway could not survive our shield and disappeared.

there's a new area of disturbed weather under investigation of the hurricane center,
located/spread out over the Bahamas, well far enough north of our Island and moving slowly westwards over the Bahamas and towards Florida, so no threat for us from there neither. it is actually anyways not under favorable conditions to develop, it may become a subtropical formation end weekend but would be far away from us by then.

the actual weather down here:
heck,
that's the boring part since end May, b/c i could copy and paste that since then day by day all summer and fall long.
it is pure sunshine, very low winds, Ocean is again a flat plate,
and there's nothing in vicinity what could bother caribbean sunshine vacations.
several nights a week we get some short downpours to give mother nature that needed drink after the dryest summer i encountered here in all those years, it could not be better over here weatherwise.

Mike

Imbert369

Sep 21, 2008
Mike i miss your posts........I love knowing more than my wife about the weather but i need you to help.....lol

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
sorry guys,
the playstation at the radiostation for cabeza de toro where i get my internet service as a wireless service from went down on saturday afternoon and the su$$ers from the provider Bectel are slow on repairing it. their service went lately anyways way down below the good services they provided in prior years.
so i am online just once a day out of town to answer urgent e-mails.
the quick check of the maps shows nothing worth to watch around our island, not even anywhere in the atlantic basin.
the long range models do not prdict anything for the next 5 days neither, but such could change with each 12hrs run of course.
from my older long range outlooks i would say we are save til near mid november from anything coming from the east of the islands, the west caribbean and the gulf of mexico are favorable for developments, but nothing active at the moment.
here on the east we are on sunny days with short brief showers several nights per week, just perfect.
yesterday been one of those rare days where we received a short daytime shower in cabeza de toro, been short and 30 minutes later all been dry again.
i hope they will get my connection fixed soon during this week.
back again online for an hour or two tomorrow morning.
the positive:
no internet means i have more time for that beautiful beach oin front of my door, lol
Mike

Mar 2, 2008
Lots happen, and lots going on in Sosua.

"Sosua Sue" has been taking a well deserved break from her north-coast battle-station, so I am desperately seeking to supplant Susan. Sullen as I might be, I believe I am a satisfactory substitute for Susan.

Cheers!

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
ha ha
how's it going, David?
down here on the east weather watch is 2009 the most boring thing ever,
nothing happens, absolutely nothing.
the nearest low pressure area is located over 500 miles east of Bermuda and could ""in theory be Subtropical Storm Ida""???
ha ha ha
water is cold there, windshear is high,
i don't think we will see any Ida anywhere soon anywhere throuout the Atlantic Basin.
2009 is a bad year for nthe big and strong boys and Gals, and that's good for us.
absolutely nothing on the screens and conditions east of the islands are going to be unfavorable for significant developments soon.
down here we have several nighttime showers per week, nothing special, nothing long lasting, nearly nothing on daytime, and no wind involved.
the breeze on the east is very calm, ocean is very calm, sun is out all days long and hot.
i don't think we get anything to report stormwise for the next many days.
happy weekend everybody
Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
so the weekend passed nice and smooth,
sunny days and the ocassional fall/winter nighttime showers, short and refreshing.
our breeze is on it's usual 8-10 knots, that's average for this time of the year and for the next months on the east.
we are here in PC for some days with the high tide on top early morning, so the beachs look messy and get the seaweed and other stuff brought ashore from the Ocean til around noon for some days, that's the time of the year guests writing negative reviews about resorts due too much seaweed "all over", ha ha.
hey guys and other complainers,
there's nochance the resort workers could clean the beach very early morning like they usually do, b/c that beach is under water by that early hour, so they have to wait til at least 10:30/11AM to clean up, otherwise the ocean would bring the same stuff back right away quicker than the gardeners could clean it up.

careful with the currents/undertows at specific locations, i.e. here on the east coast in the whole Uvero Alto area and in Bavaro around the Princess/Paradisus Punta Cana hotels, Uvero Alto has this week very dangerous currents even a strong swimmer can't stand, and the bavaro area around the Princess/Paradisus PC is due location behind a whole in the reef very wavy, great for body bording.

for the surfers Macao Beach will be today and for several more days eastern Paradise, i could name a dozen guys who sure called in "sick" this morning and will "cure their flu" this week with some wavy fun up at Macao, ha ha.
around 8AM this morning we had the top of the 2 big waves aside the passage in Cabeza de Toro, looks like the guys missed the forecast, i've been alone down there and those 12ft rollers been perfect.

storm wise there's nothing to report throuout the Atlantic Basin,
the jetstream/cold fronts stand near the northcoast with high windshears around and cooling waters, so there's nothing to expect to come up, and if so it would not be favored to develop.

east of the Island all looks clear,
it seems that we def finished hot sunny calm summer and start the cooler and rougher fall/wintertime now.

have a great week everybody
Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
looks like we may get a Tropical Depression, maybe even a Tropical Storm up in the southwestern caribbean Sea, along the central american coast.
Invest 97L is nearly stationary, moving very slowly northwards, a lot of rainloads around there to suck in, so i guess the central american states get an othe heavy watering. i don't think they need mor water down there for this year.
that system is in no way any threat for our island and will not move towards our areas, Hispaniola is stormwise clear all around.
and that Ocean is still very rough over here on the east,
all watersports activities cancelled today,
at the moment it does not look nice for fishing tomorrow neither.
ofshore waters are o.k. during the afternoons,
but in the morning during high tide the passages are 'closed' for the boats to cross the reef.
Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
we passed a cloudy day with several showers today here on the east and we had several tonight, too,looks liem at least one more day and night will follow on the rainy train.
no winds around or such, Sea will manage a low 4-5ft,
no big deal in paradise winter.
in cae of storms it looks like the season finished,
actually surroundings would not favor development of any upcoming movement on our east, so aside of vaguadas and the usual winter rains i don't think there will be much more to report.
the western caribbean and the gulf of mexico seem to be the last areas where edevlopment is still possible, but they are far away from the influencing areas for Hispaniola.
have a great winter everybody,
time to look for the sweaters, lol.
Mike

Sep 22, 2009
we passed a cloudy day with several showers today here on the east and we had several tonight, too,looks liem at least one more day and night will follow on the rainy train.
no winds around or such, Sea will manage a low 4-5ft,
no big deal in paradise winter.
in cae of storms it looks like the season finished,
actually surroundings would not favor development of any upcoming movement on our east, so aside of vaguadas and the usual winter rains i don't think there will be much more to report.
the western caribbean and the gulf of mexico seem to be the last areas where edevlopment is still possible, but they are far away from the influencing areas for Hispaniola.
have a great winter everybody,
time to look for the sweaters, lol.
Mike

Thanks Mike! Some nasty stuff up here North. Tap water contaminated with mud for 2 days now.

Join us in Cabrera for hot buttered rum, gluehwein by the fireplace. Don your turtlenecks everyone!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I was going to post on these issues....but I could not get a computer that would do the work...I am literaly screwed, blued and tatooed!!
Anyway, yesterday's newspapers were full of drought warnings for the whole country and especially the East, Northeast and Northwest...In the afternoon it started to drizzle and we are enjoying--at least I am--a wonderful soft rain this morning. It has been going on for a couple of hours...I hope it is nationwide. We need it almost desperately. Papers were warning of even more water rationing, in a nation where people use water without a care in the world...

God bless you RAIN. Please stay around...you won't be hurting anyone, so stay, please...

And it is so cool.....ahhhhh.....like Snoopy in a breeeze...

HB

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I was going to post on these issues....but I could not get a computer that would do the work...I am literaly screwed, blued and tatooed!!
Anyway, yesterday's newspapers were full of drought warnings for the whole country and especially the East, Northeast and Northwest...In the afternoon it started to drizzle and we are enjoying--at least I am--a wonderful soft rain this morning. It has been going on for a couple of hours...I hope it is nationwide. We need it almost desperately. Papers were warning of even more water rationing, in a nation where people use water without a care in the world...

God bless you RAIN. Please stay around...you won't be hurting anyone, so stay, please...

And it is so cool.....ahhhhh.....like Snoopy in a breeeze...

HB
Nice, soft soaking rain here in the mountains. Definitely needed. I'd like a couple of days just like this morning...

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
we, too, got some showers on the east.
no big deal, by far not enough to deal with the dry summer we passed this year, but at least some rain.
we still have some good amount of misture around the island,
no complain from my side to get some more of that stuff from up there to down here.
Luis,
take it more easy with those ""heavy/hot"" down;oads every night,
so your computers don't brake that often, ha ha.
hope AZB or Marco could fix your baby.
Mike

Charlielyn

Bronze
Jul 31, 2005
The north coast got lots of heavy rain over the last 2 days. Walking in the campo today was very slippery in the mud. Need to clean my shoes tonight.