LPG Kias

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
I am very surprised at the comments stating that gasoline is more economical than LPG. Three days ago I rented a Kia with factory LPG and I drove from Sosua to Nagua on 600 pesos of LPG, I can’t possibly imagine that I could have made that drive on 600 pesos of gasoline. Also,I thought that the car had plenty of balls when I needed to pass someone. I loved the car and am considering buying one.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I am very surprised at the comments stating that gasoline is more economical than LPG. Three days ago I rented a Kia with factory LPG and I drove from Sosua to Nagua on 600 pesos of LPG, I can’t possibly imagine that I could have made that drive on 600 pesos of gasoline. Also,I thought that the car had plenty of balls when I needed to pass someone. I loved the car and am considering buying one.
It's 130 km from Sosua to Nagua, about 78 miles.

Gasoline is RD$216, so RD$600 buys around 2.75 gallons.

A Kia would have to only get 28mpg on gasoline to get from Sosua to Nagua on 600 pesos. I suspect a tiny Kia gets way better than 28mpg on gasoline.

Your "balls" on LPG were less that 80% of the "balls" on gasoline. Fact. However, you may find that acceptable.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Actually the Kia Rio gets better mileage than the Kia Picanto. I had one of each last month while the car was getting painted and it wasa noticeable difference. I never actually tracked it but the Rio was minimum 20% better.
The little sewing machine engine in the Picanto had to work a lot harder than the Rio engine.
(Both on gasoline)

Last edited:

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Actually the Kia Rio gets better mileage than the Kia Picanto. I had one of each last month while the car was getting painted and it wasa noticeable difference. I never actually tracked it but the Rio was minimum 20% better.
The little sewing machine engine in the Picanto had to work a lot harder than the Rio engine.
(Both on gasoline)
I suspect either eclipsed 28mpg on gasoline...