Mailing Letter - Debit Card

webmacon

Jul 4, 2006
caribbeanostriches.com
This will work. Have done it myself................
I'm having a problem getting my debit card from USA. First it went to a friend's house and she mailed it to me via Domex. Never got it. So I changed my address in the bank to mail direct to Domex. It's been almost a month and I have not received it yet.

Do you think I should have it sent by FedEx. Sent to a friend and they can send it FedEx. I really need the card. I've been transferring money to Paypal so I can take it out that way.

Any ideas?
I always call the bank and tell them to send via UPS with tracking to my EPS in Miami, last credit cards arrived here three days after my order.

Reactions: SKY and Jan

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I always call the bank and tell them to send via UPS with tracking to my EPS in Miami, last credit cards arrived here three days after my order.
I have done that once also. I did not send it to the shipping address in Doral, but direct to my office in the DR. Best way by far............I had the girls looking for it and call me when it gets there. NIce propina for them also.........

tht

Master of my own fate.
Oct 10, 2002
Planet Earth
Get the bank to send it with DHL, not FedEx. I send all my docs with DHL tried FedEx once never again.

webmacon

Jul 4, 2006
caribbeanostriches.com
They said it has to be a physical USA address. They won't send to another country. I would have to mail it to someone and have them send it either way
The EPS address in Miami for packages is a physical address and as long a letter gets there with a tracking number they will handle it like a package, mine takes 2-3 days from the day I order a new card to get actual all the way to the DR for pickup.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Before you sent it here FedEx, check with DHL. Their service here is faster and, in the past anyway, cost less.
^This^

Avoid FEDEX

DHL to Domex Miami and you'll have tracking numbers from door to door.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
The EPS address in Miami for packages is a physical address and as long a letter gets there with a tracking number they will handle it like a package, mine takes 2-3 days from the day I order a new card to get actual all the way to the DR for pickup.
My bank and credit card company both detected that the address was not a residential address and wouldn't send it there.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
I have my paypal debit card that I'm transferring money to from the bank account but I need that card. If something happens to the PayPal card I'm in big trouble.
As a backup for PayPal, I could recommend them:

Have used them for exactly what you describe above for close to two decades... Very reliable...

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
As a backup for PayPal, I could recommend them:

Have used them for exactly what you describe above for close to two decades... Very reliable...
You mean that will work making purchases and withdrawing cash and paying my electric and internet and rent in DR?

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
You mean that will work making purchases and withdrawing cash and paying my electric and internet and rent in DR?
Making purchases yes, withdrawing cash obviously, paying bills depends on whether they accept foreign cards... I believe at least Claro did not in the past, not sure now... EDEs - no idea... I always pay everything in cash in the DR, so not so sure of the payment by card part...

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Ok. So if I send the debit card to a friend in USA. They can send it here to my apartment in DR via DHL or UPS without issues? I know it's the most expensive way but will that work?
Yes. They will deliver right to your door.

Reactions: Jan

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Santo Domingo Este along Av. España. I did get a UPS delivery once a few years ago.
If you have an accurate street address with street name and number it shouldn't be a problem. The more descriptive the better.

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
I use EPS for parcels from the US, and had heard using EPS’s letter service from the US was very slow, so last time I needed to receive a letter (not a debit card) from the UK I had a friend put it in a small parcel and send it to the EPS parcel address in Miami and it arrived promptly. Maybe ask your friend to send you a small present in a parcel and put the card in as well and send it as a package? If it does arrive you get the bonus of a present!
Always have the credit/debit cards put in a box,I know several people that have had this problem and putting the card in a box has solved the problem every time.

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
I think this shows the need for a second card. I have a total of 5, although 1 is not physical (line of credit at my bank).
Same here. I would NEVER travel to or live in any foreign country without at least three methods of accessing mi dinero. I can't count the number of friends that I have loaned money to because their one and only card was lost,stolen or blocked by the banks. What truly amazes me is the number of people that have had it happen to them more than once and still only have one card. Maybe I need smarter friends LOL.