Massive >4km backup this morning at the peaje for the airport

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
It will be interesting to see if it works. I don't think it will. Has to be physical barriers.
And what do you know. That's exactly what they did:

342211862_205060372245009_3911903948681590966_n.jpg

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
I wonder, does these tolls in DR actually helps the country? Nah. It goes to the investors in Brazil if I call it correctly. Maybe eliminate them, no need traffic. Problem solved.

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I wonder, does these tolls in DR actually helps the country? Nah. It goes to the investors in Brazil if I call it correctly. Maybe eliminate them, no need traffic. Problem solved.
Great idea except that the foreigners invested Millions of US Dollars to build these roads that you enjoy. And they have a legal contract to collect tolls. So if the DR defaults there will NEVER be any foreign investors building ANTHING here again....................

Reactions: AlaPlaya

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Looking at the foto, it looks like the Paso Rapido is working just fine - no backup there. If you're going through that peaje regularly , you have to be a total idiot to want to be in those lines.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Looking at the foto, it looks like the Paso Rapido is working just fine - no backup there. If you're going through that peaje regularly , you have to be a total idiot to want to be in those lines.
Remember that's the way to the airport. Don't want to be late when have a flight to catch.

When people order Uber to go to the airport, the first question should be ¿tienes Paso Rápido? ¿No? Next... (and no, not the gas station). lol

Last edited:

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Wait once informal vendors of empanadas, fruits, water, windshield cleaners, etc in intersections see this.
I don't know if anyone else noticed, but study that picture carefully and you can see all of the persons who previously would move to the left to shoehorn themselves in using the previous single Paso Rapido lane.
There are so many of them who were going to do it that the first pay lanes on the right side of the approach only have a few cars in them.
Two of those lanes have elevated toll collectors for trucks, but also regular height toll collectors.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
I think this will work. And it will make things a lot quicker and easier in time once everyone gets used to it.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
I think this will work. And it will make things a lot quicker and easier in time once everyone gets used to it.

I agree 100%. I also think a lot of people will be buying Paso Rapido stickers in the next few weeks.

What will be really amusing is the amount of folks who will probably recharge their sticker every week.

I personally recharge a hundred bucks at a time. Charge and forget about it.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Thank you again for the correction @william webster
I do wear glasses for reading.
Perhaps I should clean them.
Always appreciate the love 🖤

The Dominican Republic is considered too dangerous for Canadians to visit.
Will you be leaving soon?