McDonald's in Puerto Plata

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
You have to ask for freshly fried french fries. They will make them for you if you ask. You'll get them too hot to eat.

Also, always ask for something to be taken out of the standard burger, for example no sauce or no onions. That means they have to make it fresh. It's a completely different meal when the burger and the fries are fresh.

Reactions: cavok and JD Jones

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Also, always ask for something to be taken out of the standard burger, for example no sauce or no onions. That means they have to make it fresh. It's a completely different meal when the burger and the fries are fresh.
Another great trick! Then again, they will make a fresh hamburger if you ask for it as well.

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
Do they have breakfast menu ? McMuffins, burritos, etc. ?
And if so - what hours?

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
McDonalds has some great breakfast sandwiches, but they weren't available at the ones i went to here nor were they served all the time like in the US.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Do they have breakfast menu ? McMuffins, burritos, etc. ?
And if so - what hours?

McDonalds has some great breakfast sandwiches, but they weren't available at the ones i went to here nor were they served all the time like in the US.

I suspect that may have been in the past and rectified. I've never seen 24 hr breakfast at any of the locations here, but there are various 24 hr McDonalds. (the one in Nals video is one)

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I suspect that may have been in the past and rectified. I've never seen 24 hr breakfast at any of the locations here, but there are various 24 hr McDonalds. (the one in Nals video is one)
They have some really good biscuit, bagel, and burrito breakfast sandwiches that are always available in the US(not just breakfast hour). They weren't available at ones I went to in Santiago and SD, but that was two years ago.

Reactions: JD Jones

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
That would work in the states or Canada but here they would just open the three hour old burger and pick or scrape off the unwanted item and sell it to you,no seriously.

• Haha
Reactions: Auryn and cavok

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
That would work in the states or Canada but here they would just open the three hour old burger and pick or scrape off the unwanted item and sell it to you,no seriously.
YMMV, but not my experience here at all. I have never seen them unpack a hamburger to modify it. In fact, I've never seen items prepackaged and waiting for customers. Every one has always been prepared at the moment it was ordered.

Dec 2, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Went to McDonald’s in Santiago and it was pretty much the same as in Canada. Went to Burger King in Puerto Plata and it was not good. Burger was microwaved to the point it was too hot to eat. Haven’t checked out the McDonald’s in Puerto Plata yet but I think it will be more consistent to North American standards.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Certainly. This was a McDonald's at 2am in SD about a week ago. Young Dominicans everywhere, expats not to be seen. That's the real target of DR McDonald's. The new one in Puerto Plata happens to be near a major expat town, but expats aren't the reason it is there. If it was, the appearance of DR McDonald's (opening of restaurants) would start precisely in expat hotspots and tourists areas rather than starting elsewhere.

looks like they have some fresh buns

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Went to McDonald’s in Santiago and it was pretty much the same as in Canada. Went to Burger King in Puerto Plata and it was not good. Burger was microwaved to the point it was too hot to eat. Haven’t checked out the McDonald’s in Puerto Plata yet but I think it will be more consistent to North American standards.
Burger King cooks their patties on a conveyor that runs through an oven, so they usually have them already cooked and waiting to be made. Yuk.
McDonalds are made on a griddle and cook in a minute or two.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Good for you, more for the rest of us! :LOL: Just because you've had a bad experience one time doesn't mean that it's ALWAYS bad. I've had many bad experiences at many places, to then come back and have great experiences.
I will NEVER go back to a McDonalds in the DR. But you are right, it is just me. This isn't about other places, it is about McDonalds in the DR.

Bob Boyd

Feb 3, 2004
Friday I went to the POP Micky D's and ordered an Egg McMuffin with bacon and it was served on a hamburger roll. I asked why not an English muffin and was told that "English muffins are not available on the North Coast". On top of that, it was the driest Hamburger roll that I've had in years.

• Haha
Reactions: AlaPlaya

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
If must eat this way try Wendy's...............
No Wendy's on the North Coast of the DR to my knowledge, but I agree if one were available.

That said, the experiences I have had at Burger King in POP have been superior to the new McDonalds.

Reactions: nothing to ad