medical exams : how long?

borgiaborges

May 1, 2006
asking for residence card;
how long does it take to get the medical results ?
( the same day or shall I have to wait several days ?)
Are they directly sended to the migracion office or to me ?
Thanks

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
borgiaborges said:
asking for residence card;
how long does it take to get the medical results ?
( the same day or shall I have to wait several days ?)
Are they directly sended to the migracion office or to me ?
Thanks

Your lawyer will take care of it, he will give you the complete rundown...

Please contact Mr. Alfredo Guzman, DR1 official lawyer-in-residence. (By the way, I get no commission for this plug... ;-)

-

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
You just have to pay the amount they tell you, they'll do the blood test and general questions. Then they'll send you somewhere else for x-rays and the lab will send them the results directly. You don't have to do anything else besides show up.

zak023

Done and dusted!
Feb 8, 2006
zak

I just went through it in mid March...The cost is 3,060 pesoes for the exam..But unless you have some pull and I mean Alot of Pull in The RD..I would strongly using Guzman Ariza attorneys at law..I found them here and they are as they claim THE BEST.!!! It is all done in less than 3 hours...You dont get the results..Immigration does and if after 2 months you don"t hear any BAD news then assume all is well..Thats the ONLY answer anyone can give to that question and be honest about it...Just go to this home page and schedule an appointment..They are very accodimating as to days you can come in ..BUT BE ADVISED YOU MUST BE IN THE LAW OFFICE AT 8AM.!! Or you will be looking at a full days wait to be processed..and then some....

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
zak023 said:
I just went through it in mid March...The cost is 3,060 pesoes for the exam..But unless you have some pull and I mean Alot of Pull in The RD..I would strongly using Guzman Ariza attorneys at law..I found them here and they are as they claim THE BEST.!!! It is all done in less than 3 hours...You dont get the results..Immigration does and if after 2 months you don"t hear any BAD news then assume all is well..Thats the ONLY answer anyone can give to that question and be honest about it...Just go to this home page and schedule an appointment..They are very accodimating as to days you can come in ..BUT BE ADVISED YOU MUST BE IN THE LAW OFFICE AT 8AM.!! Or you will be looking at a full days wait to be processed..and then some....

I went through the proceedure usuing Mr. Guzmans office about 9 or 10 weeks ago ( I am not sure exactly what date I went). They haven't called me yet so I expect to hear from them any day. Like you said, I had to be at their office at 8 am and I was probably done by 11:30 or 12. The medical took about an hour of waiting and then a urine and blood test. Then we went somewhere else for a chest x-ray. Then back to his office and that was it. The attorney told me it would take less than 3 months for all to be complete.

Larry

Apr 30, 2006
www.drlawyer.com
As Larry and zak023 said, the medical results are not sent to you. For the residency process, you'll just need to come down to the DR, bring the required documentation and pictures, have your tests done during 8:00am-Noon (at the latest) and then fly back to your country of residency. After your tests results are received, we'll prepare and submit the residency application and you won't have to worry for anything else until you're contacted by us again in 3 months to let you know that your residency papers are ready to be retrieved. When you fly down to the DR for the 2nd time, we'll take you to the Department of Immigration to pick up your residency papers. As simple as that.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
borgiaborges said:
for the urine and blood tests : can we eat before or on a empty stomach ?

No one told me otherwise so I had a normal breakfast.

Larry

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
Larry said:
I went through the proceedure usuing Mr. Guzmans office about 9 or 10 weeks ago ( I am not sure exactly what date I went). They haven't called me yet so I expect to hear from them any day. Like you said, I had to be at their office at 8 am and I was probably done by 11:30 or 12. The medical took about an hour of waiting and then a urine and blood test. Then we went somewhere else for a chest x-ray. Then back to his office and that was it. The attorney told me it would take less than 3 months for all to be complete.

Larry

What was the cost using their office?