Medina's Literacy Campaign Has Started

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
according to hoy there is a possibility that cuban teachers will come to DR to teach dominican teachers (i love this sentence).
here is a link to the story: Cuba podr?a traer profesores a RD - Hoy Digital

now, some people may be skeptical but i know communist education first hand: it is excellent. yes, it sucks when it comes to history :) but excels in many different areas.

well, i really do not see the point of bringing Cuban teachers here. to hear a certain poster here tell it, Dominican education standards are way more advanced than those in Cuba. he can buttress his assertion with incontrovertible evidence, because his wife says so.

Dec 26, 2011
well, i really do not see the point of bringing Cuban teachers here. to hear a certain poster here tell it, Dominican education standards are way more advanced than those in Cuba. he can buttress his assertion with incontrovertible evidence, because his wife says so.

My Cuban brother is working with me again. I can't remember the last time I enjoyed such a high level of discourse on such a wide variety of themes- in Spanish. And he was not educated at the university level. The Cubans are a very literate group of people. Not sure how that came about. Excellent teachers?

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006

Cuban teachers are perfect for what they're trying to accomplish here: Teach people how to read and write properly.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
My Cuban brother is working with me again. I can't remember the last time I enjoyed such a high level of discourse on such a wide variety of themes- in Spanish. And he was not educated at the university level. The Cubans are a very literate group of people. Not sure how that came about. Excellent teachers?

on one of my trips to Cuba, i met a 20-something young man, and his 19 year old wife. i bought a few beers, and we sat at a table to get acquainted. somehow, the conversation ended up at modern European history!!! these were really poor people. the guy and his father shared a pair of boots. dad wore them to work in the day, while son used them at night. these were not the folks that attend the equivalent of Carol Morgan. i was riveted to my chair. shoot me if you must for saying this, but a do not think the average 19 year old barrio resident in the DR knows where Europe is.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
but they have to get basic math they should study with cuisener roods.. the base tables they teach that in new york words in color.... it was iteachers college yeshiva university

basic math? did you say basic math? NOBODY learns basic math. they all pay the teacher for a passing grade at the end of the semester. that is a fact. my good friend has a girlfriend from Imbert, and she is the person who told us that. she , herself, was one of those who paid the teacher for her grade. why do you think it is that 90% of the applicants to the newly formed Community College failed the math segment of the entrance exam?

May 12, 2005
according to hoy there is a possibility that cuban teachers will come to DR to teach dominican teachers (i love this sentence).
here is a link to the story: Cuba podr?a traer profesores a RD - Hoy Digital

now, some people may be skeptical but i know communist education first hand: it is excellent. yes, it sucks when it comes to history :) but excels in many different areas.

That's because if you fail, you go to the gulag.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
as an aside. mountainannie, you mentioned attending university in the South Bronx. which college was that?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i think cuban teachers would be a valuable addition to quisqueya aprende contigo program.