Men who seek under age women/disgraceful.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Late reply. I am working in the Sahel for the time being.

If you are a native DR person, then you have every right to improve your society. But I scoff and laugh at the expats who push their moral compass on a foreign society or on a chat board. Yes, discussing the problems is one thing, but to one to declare an action as being "wrong", is wrong. I have been all over Africa and seen it all bro defender. African villages arranged marriages right after they first their period. God bless them. They survive. I don't think it's wrong or right. It's a fact and it's the cultural way to survive. Bring this to the streets of DR and it's not much different.

To answer your direct question, I don't care if a 35 year old seeks a 14 year old. It's illegal and maybe he will go to jail. But really, I have better things to ponder.

Apologies for saying you were trying to save the world *(the DR world) if you are a native. You would have every right.

Yes, that is the point, well made. You certainly have the right to voice any opinion, however North Americans or Europeans who take their point of view and don't temper it with the way life actually transpires in a third world country are simply full of ****. There is a steep learning curve in dealing with third world life.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
Yes, it is possible for a 20 yo to love a 70 yo.  Not in the same way she might love Fausto. Sexual attraction is only part of the equation. 

So if the guy is 40, fat, hairy back, poor hygiene and gross toenails does that make it better.

The terms what were brought up here were "marrying for love" and "being in love with", which is different.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
My wife said the same thing Robert...

Initially, she was taken aback- saw the photo and changed her tune

Still...... WOW!

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Personally, I don't think the issue is the same when the two come from the same social/educational strata, as in their case, then when there is clearly a difference. You know, à la HB's dating rules.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
I'm going to turn this around a bit, does anyone really think an unmarried mature woman, say, in her 60's turn down a good looking young man in his 20's, ladies be honest........

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I'm going to turn this around a bit, does anyone really think an unmarried mature woman, say, in her 60's turn down a good looking young man in his 20's, ladies be honest........

20 is a bit too young. Mid 30's maybe.  :laugh:

mofongoloco

Silver
Feb 7, 2013

Maybe you could get a special dispensation to ask that in the ladies only lounge. 

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
I have seen younger women than that turn down younger men. I'm sure Madonna or J.lo woudln't though lol