Miches Club Med is Coming

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
I agree with most of what you wrote and I understand what you meant about marketing due to it being close to Punta Cana airport but since it is basically IN Samana Bay, how could they not associate with it?  If their plans for a larger ferry ever materialize, I think the increase in tourists on the Miches side will help Samana also.

Not close to the Punta Cana airport.

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
Not close to the Punta Cana airport.

You people love to split hairs. I know it is not close. Punta Cana airport will be the closest airport. One could make the argument that Samana airport is closer, if you do not mind taking a very small ferry across, and then a guagua to Miches.

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
They are acknowledging the nearby airport of Punta Cana, as well as being located on Samana Bay, and are already promoting tourism in the direction of Samana city, since they mention the waterfalls of El Limon. So no matter how you slice these hairs, I hope it is beautiful, successful, friendly to the environment and is finished according to expectations. See article below;

Club Med Miches Playa Esmeralda will open in Miches, an undeveloped beachfront region situated between Punta Cana to the south and Samana to the north. Most visitors will first fly into Punta Cana International Airport and then embark on an hour-long drive along a scenic highway to Miches.

The all-inclusive property — poised to launch December 2019 — will be Club Med's first 5-Trident (ultra-luxury) resort to open in the Americas. Club Med is positioning the 93-acre resort as an eco-chic experience.

We reached out to Michelle Lardizabal, vice president of sales for the U.S. at Club Med, for an advance look at Club Med Miches Playa Esmeralda.

Travelers have a wide selection of all-inclusive resorts to choose from in the eastern part of the Dominican Republic. What sets Club Med Miches Playa Esmeralda apart from the pack?
Club Med Miches has two main differentiators: The resort is in a highly preserved and untouched destination, which features new natural gems to be discovered in the Dominican Republic. Also, the resort will feature the Club Med difference — which includes a wide range of sports, activities, kids’ clubs and more — as part of every vacation package.

Will there be any amenities and features at the resort that we haven’t seen at other Club Med properties?
Club Med Miches will introduce some great new concepts to the Club Med brand in North America. This will be the first 5-Trident resort in our region, elevating the resort into our Exclusive Collection.

It will also feature a resort-within-a-resort approach with different experiences and areas on property that are dedicated to travelers of all types (families, couples and active travelers). A big draw for the resort, too, is its eco-chic positioning, which highlights natural elements.

The resort will welcome couples, families, active travelers and more.
The resort will welcome couples, families, active travelers and more.
Credit: 2018 Club Med
What can travelers do beyond the resort in Miches?
Miches is an exceptional place located in a preserved area on the coastline with limited tourism. You can discover natural hidden wonders, such as the breathtaking Cascada Limon waterfall and the often-photographed Montana Redonda, a "rounded mountain" with 360-degree panoramic views of the surrounding landscape.

Miches also rests on the coastline of Samana Bay where travelers can find diverse sea life. A popular attraction of this destination is whale watching.

Will guests at Club Med Miches find it easy to cross the bay by boat or travel overland for excursions to Samana?
Yes, the Club Med Miches excursion team will work on convenient and immersive ways to cross Samana Bay for guests seeking a more adventurous getaway.
https://www.travelagewest.com/Trave...n-New-Resort-in-Miches-the-Dominican-Republic

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
I struggle to geographically consider Miches and especially the beaches east of Miches to be in Samana Bay. They are all east of the most easterly point of the Samana Peninsula........

https://www.google.com.do/maps/@19.0840979,-69.1484824,10z

I would suggest to the about the edge of El Seibo province is East Coast or perhaps better the point at Bahia de la Jina as being the start of the bay....but it is all subjective.

Right, Miches is outside of the Bahia de Samana, The province El Seibo edge just right in front of the Bahia and miches is way far more to the east.

Im surge they will be able to open boats tours to the Los Haitises, also cross to Samana, and in the season of whale watch departuring from Miches, plus the other eco activities like visit the 2 lagoons, The area also has cocoa tree plantation and already exist cocoa tour in El Seibo, and the highest waterfall in the Caribbean La Jalda is close to Miches, there are some caves in Pedro Sanchez small town 14 km before El Seibo coming from Miches. In el Seibo that is well known because of the bullfights soon will start to build a Plaza de Toros.

Salto La Jalda watch it in the minute 5:30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrIlKDQ4poI

Bullflights
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-0VK9fgIfA

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
Right, Miches is outside of the Bahia de Samana, The province El Seibo edge just right in front of the Bahia and miches is way far more to the east.

Im surge they will be able to open boats tours to the Los Haitises, also cross to Samana, and in the season of whale watch departuring from Miches, plus the other eco activities like visit the 2 lagoons, The area also has cocoa tree plantation and already exist cocoa tour in El Seibo, and the highest waterfall in the Caribbean La Jalda is close to Miches, there are some caves in Pedro Sanchez small town 14 km before El Seibo coming from Miches. In el Seibo that is well known because of the bullfights soon will start to build a Plaza de Toros.

Salto La Jalda watch it in the minute 5:30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrIlKDQ4poI

Bullflights
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-0VK9fgIfA

Thanks for letting us know about La Jalda. I did not know that existed. After watching the video, my first thought was to wait for the dry season and then try the hike. I then remembered that from across the bay, it seems there are always thick dark clouds over there, so it must be wet most of the year. Later this year I will try the shorter 3 hour hike and take some photos of the progress at Club Med.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Thanks for letting us know about La Jalda. I did not know that existed. After watching the video, my first thought was to wait for the dry season and then try the hike. I then remembered that from across the bay, it seems there are always thick dark clouds over there, so it must be wet most of the year. Later this year I will try the shorter 3 hour hike and take some photos of the progress at Club Med.

Its close to Los Haitices so always will have the risk of some rain.

Laguna Limón and Montaña Redonda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLOU0IMQCiU

Good thing about Miches is that has a lot ecoturism to offer and will be diferent offert than Punta Cana and will complement the atractions in the Dominican Republic in the same way we have to continue showing the Colonial Zone, now is often to see some turist to come stay 2 nights in Santo Domingo and then go to Punta Cana. Same thing could happend with Miches start in Santo Domingo and finish with eco adventure, from Santo Domingo to Miches is only 3 hrs taking the road thru El Seybo. From El Seybo to Miches there is an amzing view.

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
You people love to split hairs. I know it is not close. Punta Cana airport will be the closest airport. One could make the argument that Samana airport is closer, if you do not mind taking a very small ferry across, and then a guagua to Miches.

Not looking to "split hairs" But...I repeat it is Not At All Close to Punta Cana airport. Club Med wonderful! A long way to go from PC to Miches. Be aware.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Not looking to "split hairs" But...I repeat it is Not At All Close to Punta Cana airport. Club Med wonderful! A long way to go from PC to Miches. Be aware.

There are all kind of travelers, some doesnt matter go 1 or 2 hrs bus drive after arrive, some people hate beaches and love cities, some people hate cities and love beaches, some people prefer combination between some days in the city and then beach, some people love eco friendly experience. So you go where you feel is what is the experience you are looking for, no matter if is far away from Punta Cana, for some people that would be music for their ears.