Missing toilet seats

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
I know one thing: When they do have a seat, it's covered with urine.

I'm always amazed by the number of men who unbuckle their belt and pants to take a leak. Same way mommy showed them when they were little boys.

In a close second place are the folks who use 10 ft of TP to wipe their behind. One person fills the trash can with one dump.

It's always nice when a Dominican explains that toilet paper should not be flushed in the toilet even though the name "toilet paper" suggest just that! It will plug the toilet and it's not the fault of the toilet they are designed that way. Its the dumb gringos fault. Like expecting electricty in an zone that states 24/7 electricity....Maybe toilet paper should be renamed "paper you-throw-in-a-bucket-beside-the-toilet-after-you-wipe-your-ass". Its also very pleasant when you enter someones bathroom to enjoy the sight of a bucket filled with "**** paper" and the obvious pleasant smell.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
uploaded on abuela's behalf :)

mrs7b6.jpg

Kinda looks like Derfish with long hair...

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I live in a houseful of women...

A ****ed on or left up toilet seat is a major offense..... very punishable.

In my next house here in RD, I will install a urinal...
and hope the women don't start to prefer it.

Imagine, just hike that skirt up a bit , genuflect ......... and voila !!
Job done....
If I put in the right sized one.... they can face either way
https://www.google.com.do/search?q=...iVuH4M:;Pz9iHKskDLH7tM:&imgrc=Yip6oxcxiVuH4M:

May 29, 2006
I saw a *septic* tank installed a month or so ago. 6'x6' and two cinder blocks deep for an apt building. They covered it with roofing, then poured a couple inches of mortar on top.

I remember not that long ago(15 years?) when the TP wasn't anything that would dissolve or break down. We use Familia brand and it's almost as good as some American brands. But the cheap stuff will still clog pipes and won't break down. Fifty to a hundred pesos a week for TP is a lot for the poor folks. Mi esposa insists I'm gonna clog up the pipes, but I haven't had any problems in over a year.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
It's always nice when a Dominican explains that toilet paper should not be flushed in the toilet even though the name "toilet paper" suggest just that! It will plug the toilet and it's not the fault of the toilet they are designed that way. Its the dumb gringos fault. Like expecting electricty in an zone that states 24/7 electricity....Maybe toilet paper should be renamed "paper you-throw-in-a-bucket-beside-the-toilet-after-you-wipe-your-ass". Its also very pleasant when you enter someones bathroom to enjoy the sight of a bucket filled with "**** paper" and the obvious pleasant smell.

you can expect electric power 24/7, all the time, IF you are lucky enough to have a neighbor that is a V.I.P in the government............

Joe Boots

Jun 16, 2008
I was also curious about that. I went to hotels that had signs in the bathroom that said please don't flush the paper. I was like "Yeah Right". As time went on I noticed used paper in buckets in many toilets private and commercial locations. Then one day in Juan Dolio down near Banco Popular some poor soul was digging in a pond of black water with a hooked pole pulling what appeared to be toilet paper and other garbage out of the sewer. I have seen that in the capital also. I don't know if it was the TP that causing that. But I started throwing the TP in the bucket so if its connected, the problem may be avoided. I just ball it up good and dump it regular.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
Asked mi girl fren about the problems with Dominican bath rooms.........She said that always happens, first they steal the toilet paper( if there is any) then they steal the toilet seat( if not broken)........then they come back and steal the door(if there is one)......what do they do with all this stuff????

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Asked mi girl fren about the problems with Dominican bath rooms.........She said that always happens, first they steal the toilet paper( if there is any) then they steal the toilet seat( if not broken)........then they come back and steal the door(if there is one)......what do they do with all this stuff????

that?s easy...they build toilets.

if you ever go to a chica bar, you can always tell when one of them has to take a slash. she goes to the cashier, who gives her a paper napkin to wipe her suzy. they can?t leave toilet paper in the head, or the first girl in there will put it in her handbag.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
And I am told by reliable sources,
Women's toilets are much filthier than the men's.

Go figure.... applies to all continents and countries*

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
And I am told by reliable sources,
Women's toilets are much filthier than the men's.

Go figure.... applies to all continents and countries*

known fact. one would have thought otherwise, but the reality is that women?s toilets are disgraceful by comparison.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
that?s easy...they build toilets.

if you ever go to a chica bar, you can always tell when one of them has to take a slash. she goes to the cashier, who gives her a paper napkin to wipe her suzy. they can?t leave toilet paper in the head, or the first girl in there will put it in her handbag.

We have toilet paper control at the school for the same reasons. Actually mainly so kids don't waste it but also to make sure none goes home in purses. We have toilet seats.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
My rule...always carry some tissue/toilet paper and wipes when venturing out. I try very hard to avoid using public restrooms in most places but when nature calls what can you do.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
My rule...always carry some tissue/toilet paper and wipes when venturing out. I try very hard to avoid using public restrooms in most places but when nature calls what can you do.

except for places like La Sirena, don?t expect to find tushie paper in a Dominican public restroom.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
And that's the reason I make sure and carry some wipes in my purse at all times when traveling to the DR.