MLB Off-Season Baseball Moves- DR Related

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
To keep it strictly DR-related, here's a quick update:

Pedro Martinez (Manoguayabo, RD) - P - NY Mets
Adrian Beltre (Santo Domingo, RD) - 3B - Seattle Mariners
Sammy Sosa - OF (San Pedro de Macoris, RD) - Chicago Cubs for now; no one can afford him
Alfonso Soriano (San Pedro de Macoris, RD) - 2B - Texas Rangers - offered him arbitration
Moises Alou - OF - unsigned to date (NOTE: Just had a car accident in SD; he's okay.)
Juan Cruz (Cotui, RD) - P - Oakland A's (from Atlanta)
Jose Capellan (Bonao, RD) - P - Milwaukee Brewers
Antonio Alfonseca (La Romana, RD) - P - Florida Marlins
Cristian Guzman (Santo Domingo, RD) - SS - Washington Nationals

That should about cover it to date.

Jasper

Bronze
Jan 10, 2002
moises alou

just heard that a deal is likely going to send him to giants where he will play under his father felipe again (he came up with late expos where felipe managed for many years) and with marquis grissom again. with bonds they'll have the oldest outfield in the majors. nice way to end his career anyway. maybe he can pull off a miracle for his felipe.

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Moises Alou did just sign on for 2 years with the San Francisco Giants. Back to playing again for his pops in the probably the oldest outfield in history.

GForce209

Jan 1, 2002
Giants Fan

I'm glad we got Alou, I don't care how old he is, as long as he can help us win a world series. Maybe Bonds will give him some "youth juice"

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
No one can afford Sosa? I think it is more like no one wants him. His steriod pumped stats are a thing of the past. He is a pampered athlete on the downslide of his career. Any GM would be a fool to throw money at Sosa.

Larry

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Trust me, I agree with you

I actually wrote something like that, then deleted it. Didn't want any of the PC cops here to close thread (which really probably should be moved anyway) or have any reason to close it.

Problem is the Cubs know that he might be capable of putting up numbers and won't just give him away or eat his salary, but they do not want him either. The Cubs want Carlos Beltran, but can't get him without moving Sammy.

Larry said:
No one can afford Sosa? I think it is more like no one wants him. His steriod pumped stats are a thing of the past. He is a pampered athlete on the downslide of his career. Any GM would be a fool to throw money at Sosa.
Larry