Modern Islamic Contributions to Science

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
securedownload_zpse2d0340f.jpg

alone

Jan 1, 2013
Religion is all made by humans for humans. Islam is quite extreme in its ignorant views.
The most ridiculous of all is the Christian view that God has a son called Jesus who died to save all of us.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Religion is all made by humans for humans. Islam is quite extreme in its ignorant views.
The most ridiculous of all is the Christian view that God has a son called Jesus who died to save all of us.

Chip... paging Chip!

May you not always be alone my son.

Lothario666

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
One can only wonder at the mental capacity of the population if their leaders are this stupid crazy.

May 29, 2006
Meanwhile homosexuality caused the hurricanes Sandy and Katrina, the slaves revolting in Haiti caused the 2010 Earthquake, and the concepts of the Big Bang theory, evolution and embryology came "straight from the pit of hell." The last little nugget comes from Congressman Paul Broun(R), who is not only completely bonkers but also on the House Science Committee and somehow a doctor..

Aug 6, 2006
There are ignorant, backward people everywhere. Many many Muslims understand evolution. In the US, I think that what we have is a bunch of congressmen who never thought much about evolution until it became obvious to them that they would lose to a tea partist expounding ignorant, backward views, because a majority of hicks, notably in the South, are folks who have not read the Bible in any critical way, and will never vote for anyone who says that there is any truth in the Theory of Evolution.

kenthedentman

Apr 10, 2012
Islam is loco. But, christianity is based on the belief of a virgin giving birth to the son of god! Judaism is founded by a bunch of nomads roaming around in the desert and worshipping cows and rocks etc. And what kind of sadists decide, hey were gonna cut the tips of our penises off with a rock? Even though thats how i see it i am quite fine with others believing what they want to believe as long as i am not coerced or bothered with their nonsense. I have always like to say, talking to God is fine, but if God is talking to you, we have a problem houston.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
There are ignorant, backward people everywhere. Many many Muslims understand evolution. In the US, I think that what we have is a bunch of congressmen who never thought much about evolution until it became obvious to them that they would lose to a tea partist expounding ignorant, backward views, because a majority of hicks, notably in the South, are folks who have not read the Bible in any critical way, and will never vote for anyone who says that there is any truth in the Theory of Evolution.

Islam is loco. But, christianity is based on the belief of a virgin giving birth to the son of god! Judaism is founded by a bunch of nomads roaming around in the desert and worshipping cows and rocks etc. And what kind of sadists decide, hey were gonna cut the tips of our penises off with a rock? Even though thats how i see it i am quite fine with others believing what they want to believe as long as i am not coerced or bothered with their nonsense. I have always like to say, talking to God is fine, but if God is talking to you, we have a problem houston.

As Xavier pointed out, religious people do not have to talk to you directly to cause harm to you. They can vote out logical thinking people from the government and then you end up with their religion directly affecting your daily life when they restrict funding on birth control and abortion by evangelicals (happening right now in many states).

England is facing cries for the implementation of Sharia Law. Imagine that!

Religious fanatics have always manifested their ignorance by trying to control other people. It is the nature of the beast. Be aware and take steps to prevent ignorance from ruling.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Read the bible??? Come on!! They only watched the cartoon bible on Fox Tv. They think it is wrtitten in latin.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
As Xavier pointed out, religious people do not have to talk to you directly to cause harm to you. They can vote out logical thinking people from the government and then you end up with their religion directly affecting your daily life when they restrict funding on birth control and abortion by evangelicals (happening right now in many states).

England is facing cries for the implementation of Sharia Law. Imagine that!

Religious fanatics have always manifested their ignorance by trying to control other people. It is the nature of the beast. Be aware and take steps to prevent ignorance from ruling.

How does restricting taxpayer money for birth control and abortion affect your daily life? I would think as an free thinker you would think that's an individual choice and thus an individual responsibility.
I agree with your statement on religious fanatics, but the progressive fanatics are doing the same with forcing their agendas on people that believe different than them.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
How does restricting taxpayer money for birth control and abortion affect your daily life? I would think as an free thinker you would think that's an individual choice and thus an individual responsibility.
I agree with your statement on religious fanatics, but the progressive fanatics are doing the same with forcing their agendas on people that believe different than them.

As for restricting abortions. I agree that people can vote for what they want where they live. Progressive fanatics and religious fanatics are both negatives to me. As a Libertarian, restricting abortions is against my principles and I would vote against any such restrictions. Also the more unwanted children there are, the more they burden support systems, increasing taxes and government programs that are funded to inefficiently deal with such issues which has an indirect effect upon me and everyone else. I would rather see the tax dollars spent to fund an abortion, rather then the life time support of some unwanted child.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
As for restricting abortions. I agree that people can vote for what they want where they live. Progressive fanatics and religious fanatics are both negatives to me. As a Libertarian, restricting abortions is against my principles and I would vote against any such restrictions. Also the more unwanted children there are, the more they burden support systems, increasing taxes and government programs that are funded to inefficiently deal with such issues which has an indirect effect upon me and everyone else. I would rather see the tax dollars spent to fund an abortion, rather then the life time support of some unwanted child.

Then put no restriction on abortion other than it must be performed in a hospital, before and after counselling mandatory, and only one abortion per person at public expense.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Then put no restriction on abortion other than it must be performed in a hospital, before and after counselling mandatory, and only one abortion per person at public expense.

The problem with "only one abortion" at public expense is that you won't get a consensus that will ever go along with mandatory sterilization of ignorant people. Nor should that really even be considered. People make mistakes, sometimes over and over. An abortion still costs less than the funding of an unwanted child.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Let me TRY and get back on Bob's Good Side!!!

What is the only difference between "Obama", and "GOD"???????

"God doesn't go around thinking he's "Obama"!!!!

I LOVE That!!!
CCCCCCCCCCC
Sorry "Barry"!

"NOT"!!!!

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
The problem with "only one abortion" at public expense is that you won't get a consensus that will ever go along with mandatory sterilization of ignorant people. Nor should that really even be considered. People make mistakes, sometimes over and over. An abortion still costs less than the funding of an unwanted child.
There isn't consensus on anything.
Who said anything about mandatory sterilization but stupid people should pay $$$for their second mistake. That's why I said mandatory counselling. If the taxpayers is footing the bill then a requirement or restriction on the person receiving the service is the price they pay for receiving the service at taxpayers expense.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
There isn't consensus on anything.
Who said anything about mandatory sterilization but stupid people should pay $$$for their second mistake. That's why I said mandatory counselling. If the taxpayers is footing the bill then a requirement or restriction on the person receiving the service is the price they pay for receiving the service at taxpayers expense.

Stupid people might not pay for a second, third, or fourth abortion. I would be willing to fund that rather than unwanted children. FAR cheaper in the long run.

May 29, 2006
My dad had a tenant who openly admitted to having FOUR abortions before age 25. Also had two kids. I'm kind of glad she didn't have six..

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Very soon there will be gel vasectomy. Vasalgel. Hopefully every mother will make their son get one.