Money Sent to sankies!

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
There is a hierarchy--sankiette think that they are above putas but why??

Thanks 2LeftFeet, I just got my good laugh of the day. What you said is so true. Maybe because they don't charge an hourly rate makes them special.

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
Dragon

When I think of any Spanish speaking country I always thing of them being religious. I shouldn't and you are right. People are people are not everyone is saintly. So I apologize.

Maybe people--old timers to the board are all talked out with this topic and don't voice their displeasure with this aspect of their society.

My general belief about this topic was the Dominicans thought that the Gringas/Gringos who were being swindle/taken advantage of were to be laughed at and that's all.

I'm glad you said what you said that the Dominican culture doesn't support it. I'm happy to read that.

I'd love to have a discussion about how Dominicans feel about sankie/sankiette/sex worker impact on the Dominican culture but I'm sure snide comments would be made, we'd get off the topic and eventually it would be closed....

xamaicano

Apr 16, 2004
Oh please! Foreigners come down to exploit an economic advantage to get what is not available to them where they are from. The sankies/sankiettes are merely taking advantage of the situation. Oftentimes there is no common language yet foreigners are able "fall in love" with their sex partner after one vacation. A sex partner who is invariably always much poorer than the foreigner. If one is willing to pay for delusion then their will always be someone to delude you.

2LeftFeet-I totally agree with you. I don't think sankiette/sankies are really in love with that person, this is the game they play. They have to make the person think they are in love with them to get what they want. Money, gifts, visa whatever it is.
To play this game for a long period of time and steal that persons heart and love is the cruelest thing anyone can do. It boggles my mind too how their family can condone this. Alot of times they are all in on this-mother,father, siblings,wife,g/f. But I guess if its going to benefit them that's all they care about. Not how this will affect the person who's been used.

shianel

Dec 29, 2006
Oh please! Foreigners come down to exploit an economic advantage to get what is not available to them where they are from. The sankies/sankiettes are merely taking advantage of the situation. Oftentimes there is no common language yet foreigners are able "fall in love" with their sex partner after one vacation. A sex partner who is invariably always much poorer than the foreigner. If one is willing to pay for delusion then their will always be someone to delude you.

I totally agree with you.

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
So, will the sankiette give it up( with that particular man) once the game is figured out-- or will she continue with the smoke and mirrors if the man wants to continue??? If she continues she has to admit to herself that she's a puta???!!!--

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
So, will the sankiette give it up( with that particular man) once the game is figured out-- or will she continue with the smoke and mirrors if the man wants to continue??? If she continues she has to admit to herself that she's a puta???!!!--
She knows who she is (i.e. a puta parading as a princess) but, the act is for the gringo. I saw it 'live' ... she kept stringing the gringo along - he's paying her rent, buying food, clothes, haid-do, etc. etc., returning to see her after 2 weeks, sending money via WU and not getting any action. Some of these guys are dumber than a pig or doorpost.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002

You're digging too deep and asking way too many questions we can't answer.

It's very simple, some will do whatever is necessary in order to survive. No one stops to think if they themselves are considered a puta or not.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I guess nobody ever wants to think that they are!! Do they???

Exactly!!!! If you were to tell a sankie ( male) he is a prostitute he would be highly insulted. He is a charmer of women and the women give him gifts of their own free will :laugh: