more extortion of foreigners?

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
In the US unpaid construction workers are not allowed to force the sale of a property. This must be DR style. Lol

Do you mean that the legal hypothec in favour of the workman that took part of the construction or the renovation doesn't exist in the US ???

DOC1727

Aug 30, 2011
Parties in-privity may sue the owner for default, which usually results in a lein on the property, not a force sale. Ordinary construction workers (not contractors) are not in privity, therefore they can not lein the property. They can sue the owner personally but, they have no automatic rights to even lein the property.

PaGuyinDr

Sep 2, 2013
Hahhahaha......that's funny PaGuy..and true..
I hope this isn't true. Why does it seem that La Multa is a ground rod for negative issues!

drescape24

Of course it's true.. It reminds me of the time when I ...... Hey look a butterfly

DOC1727

Aug 30, 2011
I am a state certified general contractor in Florida and have built, developed projects and sold many homes in Florida. I was an approved builder with many banks in south Florida. Read the Florida Construction Lien Statute and we will talk?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
hello? were were talking about shirts here, ok? can't you people stay on the subject, ever?

DOC1727

Aug 30, 2011
They do not have an automatic lein right(only in privity parties). Even if you do not pay them. If they are subcontractors or suppliers they are not in privity contractors therefore they first have to file a "notice to owner" within a certain period of time to have that lein right.

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Any one on a construction job in Florida who doesn't get paid can lien the property. Whether they spent a lot of time in the privy or not.
DerFish

Why would the amount of time a contractor spends in the bathroom have an effect on their ability to put a lien on a property?

:classic:
mob

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
la zeta had this story few days ago:
Z 101

a german man was building a house in sosua, was sued for allegedly not paying the construction worker. as a result his house went to pubic subasta in order to pay the debt.

With all due respect hat happens to Dominicans too. There is one cardinal rule here, the employee is always right. That can be mitigated by having a powerful attorney, but that goes for anywhere.