mother,son and father upkeep?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightrider

Feb 22, 2007
i soon to marry my fiancee from dr,she has son of 4 years old and i know he be my stepson from marriage.

my question be=father never married to mother of son,the birth certificate carries fathers name,he pay money monthly for son..if i married to mother who has responsibility to upkeep of her child...me or father?...

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
i soon to marry my fiancee from dr,she has son of 4 years old and i know he be my stepson from marriage.

my question be=father never married to mother of son,the birth certificate carries fathers name,he pay money monthly for son..if i married to mother who has responsibility to upkeep of her child...me or father?...

Legal: I don't know. As a new father for the child? Does it make a difference?

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
In NYC-- the both of you. The father because --he is the father and you because you are NOW living with the child and are taking care of him because you are married to his mother.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Don't be such a cheap B--tard, Of course you will be providing for the young fellow. Doesn't mean that his father doesn't have to. Another thing to think about; you will need the father's permission to take the son out of the DR.

Sep 19, 2005
I doubt the amount of money he is supposed to pay would actually be enough "UPKEEP" for a child. It usually is a portion of what would be needed, the mother obviously is supposed to supply the rest. As her new husband you BOTH will be defacto in the same position as her alone...and maybe even more so if the childs father faulters on his payments. you would not have any legal respensibility for the child, but a huge moral one. She would be foolish to be in a relationship where you support her and not her child as well. That is both financially and morally.

you really should realize you are marrying the mother AND child..no matter who legally has more resposibility for the child.

good luck

bob

nightrider

Feb 22, 2007
Legal: I don't know. As a new father for the child? Does it make a difference?
In NYC-- the both of you. The father because --he is the father and you because you are NOW living with the child and are taking care of him because you are married to his mother.
thanks for info...but there be more to this!i explain,my fiancee comming to uk on visa and while here we to be married in uk,she wants to apply for extension and uk citizenship,all the time here her son be in dr with grandparents until we can make arrangements for him to come here,i not disputing who pay for son i need to know legal requirement as to! i like to add sons father left dr in august 2005 and now resident in malaga spain.plus only seen son once in 20 months.

nightrider

Feb 22, 2007
I doubt the amount of money he is supposed to pay would actually be enough "UPKEEP" for a child. It usually is a portion of what would be needed, the mother obviously is supposed to supply the rest. As her new husband you BOTH will be defacto in the same position as her alone...and maybe even more so if the childs father faulters on his payments. you would not have any legal respensibility for the child, but a huge moral one. She would be foolish to be in a relationship where you support her and not her child as well. That is both financially and morally.

you really should realize you are marrying the mother AND child..no matter who legally has more resposibility for the child.

good luck

bob
bob thanks for insite,this could be complicated affair to deal with,i like to adopt son as mine but!father might be main problem if you read my other message on this forum..and another where he altered last name on sons birth certificate!!!i have her sons best interest at heart...
colin.

jskr1us

Apr 29, 2003
Note of caution from some one who has gone through what you are about to do - ALL I CAN TELL YOU IS TO THINK TWICE AND BE SURE YOU HAVE ALL OF THE FACTS BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING. It has been my experience that in this situation you have not been told all that you need to know and that what you have been told is only part of the truth. If you are not Dominican or from Dominican roots you will in time find yourself at a loss to explain how you got to where you are as your cultural values will be different and at times in conflict. I can almost guarantee that the real relationship between the prospective wife and the Childs father is not what you think it is, nor will you ever understand the power he will always hold over your prospective bride. I am not telling you what to do just to be careful and be sure you have all of the facts and are prepared to live with them.

nightrider

Feb 22, 2007
jskr1us
Bronze ==thanks for info,i know of father and he does live in spain with wife and other son,i have seen wth my own eyes on certain documents...for reasons known to me i cannot say on this forum of things i know of her life you understand,it not sweet life with this father of her son!!he conartist of great form...but understand his power over her

vince1956

On Vacation!
May 24, 2006
Note of caution from some one who has gone through what you are about to do - ALL I CAN TELL YOU IS TO THINK TWICE AND BE SURE YOU HAVE ALL OF THE FACTS BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING. It has been my experience that in this situation you have not been told all that you need to know and that what you have been told is only part of the truth. If you are not Dominican or from Dominican roots you will in time find yourself at a loss

http://www.trustnoone.org.uk/images/FlagCover.jpg

nightrider

Feb 22, 2007
more info.

Note of caution from some one who has gone through what you are about to do - ALL I CAN TELL YOU IS TO THINK TWICE AND BE SURE YOU HAVE ALL OF THE FACTS BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING. It has been my experience that in this situation you have not been told all that you need to know and that what you have been told is only part of the truth. If you are not Dominican or from Dominican roots you will in time find yourself at a loss to explain how you got to where you are as your cultural values will be different and at times in conflict. I can almost guarantee that the real relationship between the prospective wife and the Childs father is not what you think it is, nor will you ever understand the power he will always hold over your prospective bride. I am not telling you what to do just to be careful and be sure you have all of the facts and are prepared to live with them.
...you have knowledge of being done to you?..tell me more,you in dr?or where.

nightrider

Feb 22, 2007
i like to add, i have spoken with my fiancee and she has seen all messages on this post!!ok.she not command me in anyway of monies to her son while in uk..reason being father conned mother and under dominican law she going to make him pay with mucho dinero!!!!

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I am beginning to doubt her mere existence.
Why don't you have her log in to the thread and join the discussion?

We can have one big happy SOCK PUPPET family.

tambo'

nightrider

Feb 22, 2007
I am beginning to doubt her mere existence.
Why don't you have her log in to the thread and join the discussion?

We can have one big happy SOCK PUPPET family.

tambo'

she exist alright no problem,she not get involved, she leave to me find out info,which in past have given her much insight in things she not know,,,but she does sometimes visit judge in dr for more info..

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
How many threads are you going to open asking the same question? Get a lawyer, Get a lawyer. Get a lawyer. Get a lawyer. Oh did I mention get a lawyer.

nightrider

Feb 22, 2007
How many threads are you going to open asking the same question? Get a lawyer, Get a lawyer. Get a lawyer. Get a lawyer. Oh did I mention get a lawyer.

for your info not same questions,ask single question get quick answer...
you have problem with!!!!if you notice i not get answers on some threads?

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
I am all for someone protecting their rights. And maybe this is all being taken in the wrong way by me because English is NOT your first language.. But why should you be caring if you have to support her child?? You are now going to be his father and it shouldn't matter. You should want to buy him food and clothing and school supplies while you are married.

From a previous post you wanted to know-- if she leaves you FOREVER and goes back to the Dominican Republic if she is entitled to some monies from you. Yes she is--- You will have to pay!!--probably NOT for her child-- he/she isn't yours but .....you will have to pay her.

Why are you getting married??

I understand that you say that you love her but if you are asking so many questions maybe you shouldn't be. Maybe you should think about this some more. This could turn into a disaster-- For her as well.

I'm sure the sex is great-- but sex isn't everything.

I hope a lot of this has gotten lost because of the language.

Status
Not open for further replies.