moving to DR soon--

Wildly Organic

Aug 6, 2009
Hi...my husband and I are moving to the DR in May---trying to decide between the Juan Dolio area and Sousa...
I'm sure I'll have lots of questions....and really appreciate this community which i have followed for a while. I decided to join to ask the burning question on my mind (don't be judgmental....) does anyone know of a Matrix hair stylist... seriously. olive

Um... YES! if you are talking Matrix products!!!! yes! my daughter is a talented young journeyman red seal hair stylist and she won scholarships at her college.She is both a cutter and a colourist with certification in make up artistry and full esthetician as well...Olive where are you ???

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
Yes you can purchase Matrix products here, or so says my wife, who owns her own beauty salon.

Juan Dolio vs Sosua ...... what hasn't been said is that there is WAY more to do on the north coast vs the south coast, outside your place of residence.

Either way, cold presidente is available in both locations

JuanDolioLiving

Sep 7, 2010
moving to DR

Anywhere but Sosua - Las Terrenas, Bayahibe etc. etc. JD is a bit built up with tower blocks some people do not like.
Dominicans are generally skilled with hair and are in demand the World over. There is a good chance of finding an excellent stylist for whatever style you want to achive. You could bring your own products you like and ask the stylist to use them. I am not sure that they are available in DR. V S of course has artists in the DR.
pi2

pi2

Juan Dolio is one the most nicest places to live on the DR, very clean beaches, good restaurants, hair salon are all over the places. Easy to get in and out by car, plane or cruiseships. lots of fun things to do.