Much safer in the DR than the USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Take it all with a grain of salt. There are places in DR where I feel very safe, places where I don't, and places where I'd never even go to begin with. No different than any other country in the world. I feel very safe where I live in NJ, there are places right here in my county where I'd be afraid, and a couple of places I'd never even drive through.

If the OP lived in downtown Camden, NJ, and now lives in Punta Cana Village or Naco, yeah, she's safer in DR.

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
Take it all with a grain of salt. There are places in DR where I feel very safe, places where I don't, and places where I'd never even go to begin with. No different than any other country in the world. I feel very safe where I live in NJ, there are places right here in my county where I'd be afraid, and a couple of places I'd never even drive through.

If the OP lived in downtown Camden, NJ, and now lives in Punta Cana Village or Naco, yeah, she's safer in DR.
Good point.

Reactions: CristoRey

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
A lot less kids killed in schools here, it is in fact a very rare thing. violence against women is a regular occurrence here, as it is in the USA as well. Whenever you have poor people with lots of drugs and alcohol around, and low education you will have the same thing happening.
Thanks Bob

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
OHH senor BIG........ you are a funy guy...maybe she can write a book.....the the glorious live of being married to a sankie in DR ...specializing in leadership and all,,,,, ,specially hot midnight showers by the moonlight ..... so romantic I ll tell you.. I live in Calabasas California , lately things are not the same...the neighborhood has gone to hell.... look at this dude Will SMITH.. committing crimes ..and he wont even get arrested ..... must be all that privilege you know
I was hoping for a loan Porkman.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Just seeing this now ..

WOW ... lmao .. so many ref flags here , I would not even know where to start ..
met him on a Party Cruise on her FIRST TRIP to the DR in 2019 .. he flirted with me .. no kidding .

long story short he is my husband now ..

just wow

You cant even WRITE this stuff any better . its so amazing how Ignorant & Gullible some people are . ( men and women )
AND, You know all of this because....?Why not start with "People that mind other people's business have no businesss of their own to mind?"

Note: Tambo> time for you to post one of your idiot emotion icons. 🤣 that you are so inclined to do everytime I post.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
AND, You know all of this because....?Why not start with "People that mind other people's business have no businesss of their own to mind?"

Note: Tambo> time for you to post one of your idiot emotion icons. 🤣 that you are so inclined to do everytime I post.
Oh Look
Someone wants to play Hall Monitor ..
Are you saying the Mods are incapable , or do you just reading what you typed ..

you sense of self importance is quite humorous ,... stick to the Topic please

maybe Tambo is right .

AlaPlaya

Frequent Flyer
Jan 7, 2021
Texas
I don’t really think Punta Cana even is that safe. The safest is probably living in a nice SD or Santiago apartment building in an ok neighborhood. I personally don’t go out hardly ever after 7-8 pm. I have had my fun in the nightlife.
There is a huge police presence in Los Corales to keep everyone safe. I woudn't be surprised if it's one of the safest square miles in the country. Military even patrols the beach overnight. I had an Uber from La Vega tells me he feels much safer in Punta Cana than in La Vega, even though he is from there.

Reactions: aarhus

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
We have Dominican friends that live in Alabama and they love it. They have been there for about twenty years.
Is there a point here, Bob?

Alabama makes the US states list with the highest numbers of people living in poverty.
In 2020 Alabama had the sixth highest murder rate among all the US states along with a violent crime rate higher than the US average.
Add in oppressive humidity and tornadoes.
Birmingham is one of the most dangerous cities in the US with Alabama having one of the worst public school systems in the US.
Alabama has a long history of violence and racial division.
You may have heard of George Wallace, the four time governor of Alabama, who did all he could to resist integration and famously tried to block black students from U of A.

There is no accounting for taste.
Hell, I know people who love to eat liver but for me that does not make it one bit less foul.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
How you feel about being safe or unsafe is not the issue in my view.
Your behavior is what will determine your safety no matter if you are in Alabama or Jarabacoa.

Reactions: JD Jones

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
If she ever misses being profiled, she and a girlfriend should try taking a walk late at night down Pedro Clisante.

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
If she ever misses being profiled, she and a girlfriend should try taking a walk late at night down Pedro Clisante.
Very true. Many years ago in Cuba I was spending a lot of time there. I met an American tourist. A woman of color and very attractive. We started dating on her vacation. One night we went out in Havana and she dressed nicely and wore a jeans skirt. She was constantly stopped by police them thinking she was Cuban. It was horrible for her. We also at a restaurant experienced an Italian sitting next to us who would not believe she wasn’t Cuban and thought she was somehow a fraud. We are still in touch today. Apparently in her family I am known to have somehow saved her in Cuba. Her name is Michel and they refer to is as her “Cuban Michel crisis”. She has a great sense of humor.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Very true. Many years ago in Cuba I was spending a lot of time there. I met an American tourist. A woman of color and very attractive. We started dating on her vacation. One night we went out in Havana and she dressed nicely and wore a jeans skirt. She was constantly stopped by police them thinking she was Cuban. It was horrible for her. We also at a restaurant experienced an Italian sitting next to us who would not believe she wasn’t Cuban and thought she was somehow a fraud. We are still in touch today. Apparently in her family I am known to have somehow saved her in Cuba. Her name is Michel and they refer to is as her “Cuban Michel crisis”. She has a great sense of humor.
I once kissed a frog who turned into prince (not really) I hope this helps.

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
I once kissed a frog who turned into prince (not really) I hope this helps.
I really don’t know Cristo. I have never met you. I don’t know if you are capable of being charming or funny or what is your psychical presence. Maybe it all will just sound like fairy tales to you. I was a lot younger and better looking than now haha. I think I can still be charming and funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.