my dominican to the USA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yankeefan

Sep 30, 2005
My story began in Feb. i went to the DR and met the love of my life, i have since then been back twice, so totalling 3 times this year already, im planning a trip in nov to see him again. we are attempting this long distance relationship, its really hard, but my ? is how do i go about getting him here to the usa. i dont even know what the first step would be. if anyone has any advice i could surly use it. thanks

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
2 pieces of advice:

1. Search here then ask

2. Don't do this at all.

If you mean to marry the guy and sponsor him then you can search on that. If you mean as a visitor the chances are between zero and zero minus 1. Won't happen ,e.g. he won't get a visa to visit. If he did you would see him for the time needed to get as much of your money and stuff as he could then he'd split for NYC.

I thought from your other post you are also planning to marry him there. Which is it?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Why not ask the board if they know him.

He is a resort worker?
He does not have a checking account or a credit card
He is not educated to your level
He does not have that amount of money you have in the bank (In pesos, not dollars!! I mean if you have $100 in the bank, he has RD$100, that's all))

He is a sanky and you are going to be sorry.....

HB :ermm:

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Hillbilly said:
He is a resort worker?
He does not have that amount of money you have in the bank (In pesos, not dollars!! I mean if you have $100 in the bank, he has RD$100, that's all))

He is probably a DDD which of course stands for "Definately Different Dominican" and you should know this by now. Please do not confuse this with DdD which of course stands for "Dopey Dominican Driver" please. LOL

Escott

Sep 19, 2005
I talked with a few immigration attorneys in the greater ny area on this issue. And thte honest ones say try for the fiance visa..its good for three months then she comes back or you marry....who the heck wants to be told they have to figure everything there is about a person in three months then decide if you want to marry them?...My girlfriend isnt crazy about the idea of coming to america, she is deathly affraid of missing her parents and brother and sisters...she wants me to come live in the DR, but that wont happen i told her, I have a great job in the US. I told her if we every went that far in the relationship, she could visit the DR three or four times a year....well back to the lawyers.. they wanted about $3-4,000 to take the case if its a Fiance visa.....and after calling immigrations many many times i know it would be tough to do it yourself, with tons of lost time.. they hang up on you at the drop of a hat, they dont care, its like they have no remorse or worry about their job.....Its a stinking shame they way they can do what ever they want. It cost me $7 to call a number that gave me the most info!!!!!!!!! why should it cost me anything more than the call????thats the fee for them to answer the phone!!!!!!!!!not that the cost matters, its the idea....My girfriend fits YOUR classic mold, no money, no education, past high school, and no job she could or wanted to keep because the freaking dirt bag dominican men expect to be able to fondle them at will for the priviledge to work there!!!!!!! and with no job how does one amass a bank account....I guess EVERYONE that fits that description is a low life gold digger HUH????????? It stotally impossible to think that anyone could like or love someone just because thats what happens to men and women who become attracted to each other............there are plenty of dominicans that like life there just fine, or are affraid to leave...... I guess as she would get older and still not find and education or a good job, her opinions may change....so while you may have an uphill battle, it MAY work out........ I know a ton of dominican men in america and few are dirtbags, and they are here somehow.. I work with at least a dozen at my company....good luck...bob

yankeefan

Sep 30, 2005
Hillbilly said:
He is a resort worker?

well thank you!!! i just want u to know that he is the most wonderful person that i have ever met. he is a resort worker, who sends every penny that he make home to support his family. he is very honest and decent. he does have a bank account and not much of an education, but he is brillant, u know that there are exceptions to the rules, and i with all my heart believe thjat he is one of those exceptions

yankeefan

Sep 30, 2005
laurapasinifan said:
I talked with a few immigration attorneys in the greater ny area on this issue. And thte honest ones say try for the fiance visa..its good for three months then she comes back or you marry....who the heck wants to be told they have to figure everything there is about a person in three months then decide if you want to marry them?...My girlfriend isnt crazy about the idea of coming to america, she is deathly affraid of missing her parents and brother and sisters...she wants me to come live in the DR, but that wont happen i told her, I have a great job in the US. I told her if we every went that far in the relationship, she could visit the DR three or four times a year....well back to the lawyers.. they wanted about $3-4,000 to take the case if its a Fiance visa.....and after calling immigrations many many times i know it would be tough to do it yourself, with tons of lost time.. they hang up on you at the drop of a hat, they dont care, its like they have no remorse or worry about their job.....Its a stinking shame they way they can do what ever they want. It cost me $7 to call a number that gave me the most info!!!!!!!!! why should it cost me anything more than the call????thats the fee for them to answer the phone!!!!!!!!!not that the cost matters, its the idea....My girfriend fits YOUR classic mold, no money, no education, past high school, and no job she could or wanted to keep because the freaking dirt bag dominican men expect to be able to fondle them at will for the priviledge to work there!!!!!!! and with no job how does one amass a bank account....I guess EVERYONE that fits that description is a low life gold digger HUH????????? It stotally impossible to think that anyone could like or love someone just because thats what happens to men and women who become attracted to each other............there are plenty of dominicans that like life there just fine, or are affraid to leave...... I guess as she would get older and still not find and education or a good job, her opinions may change....so while you may have an uphill battle, it MAY work out........ I know a ton of dominican men in america and few are dirtbags, and they are here somehow.. I work with at least a dozen at my company....good luck...bob

thanks for takin the time to write me, i appreciate the insight, my boyfriend is wonderful, and he if given the oppertunitys could go so far in his life, he works at a resort and sends all his money home to support his whole family. we want to be together, but i told him that i want to live here for all the oppertunitys, if i were to have children i want only the best for them. and u are right, when i was in the dr i met my share of dogs, but this one is the complete opposite, he as a person makes me complete and i hope to be able to get him here so we can be together, hope everything works out for u and your g-friend

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
yankeefan said:
he does have a bank account and not much of an education, but he is brillant, u know that there are exceptions to the rules, and i with all my heart believe thjat he is one of those exceptions

Everyone believes with all of their heart that they have found the exception...just before they make the biggest mistake of their lives. Do some research on this board. See if people know him. There's a good chance he is nothing like he says. See if any of the warning signs are there. Good luck.

Scandall

yankeefan

Sep 30, 2005
ricktoronto said:
2 pieces of advice:

1. Search here then ask

2. Don't do this at all.

If you mean to marry the guy and sponsor him then you can search on that. If you mean as a visitor the chances are between zero and zero minus 1. Won't happen ,e.g. he won't get a visa to visit. If he did you would see him for the time needed to get as much of your money and stuff as he could then he'd split for NYC.

I thought from your other post you are also planning to marry him there. Which is it?

just seeing what my options are

yankeefan said:
well thank you!!! i just want u to know that he is the most wonderful person that i have ever met. he is a resort worker, who sends every penny that he make home to support his family. he is very honest and decent. he does have a bank account and not much of an education, but he is brillant, u know that there are exceptions to the rules, and i with all my heart believe thjat he is one of those exceptions

He is a resort worker thats has a bank account and sends every penny to his poor family???? You really need to open your eyes and step back, where is the money for the bank account coming from??? Probably some other tourist

He doesn't have much of an education but he is Brilliant? So are many of the Hustlers in times square in manhattan. Please be very careful of people you meet for just 3 times in your life on vacation, Take it slowwwww

Badpiece

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
badpiece33 said:
Probably some other tourist

I suspect tourist(s) - plural. He is banging away more than an aluminum siding installer there and she wants to marry him.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
yankeefan said:
well thank you!!! i just want u to know that he is the most wonderful person that i have ever met. he is a resort worker

As AZB would say, "you look for chopo, you find chopo".

Larry

duhtree

Jun 2, 2003
true love

Yankeefan. Don't listen to them. they are just trying to spoil your love. They are all dumb, jealous, old sour pusses who know nothing about life and love. They have all gotten to middle age or older by shear luck and never experienced anything in spite of their living in the D. R.for 10 to 20 years.
You go girl!! DUH.

yankeefan

Sep 30, 2005
duhtree said:
Yankeefan. Don't listen to them. they are just trying to spoil your love. They are all dumb, jealous, old sour pusses who know nothing about life and love. They have all gotten to middle age or older by shear luck and never experienced anything in spite of their living in the D. R.for 10 to 20 years.
You go girl!! DUH.

thanks i do appreciate it, i know, they can say what they want, i love him and thats all that matters, he realy is a good person, they cant judge just on a stereotype of people.

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
yankeefan said:
thanks i do appreciate it, i know, they can say what they want, i love him and thats all that matters, he realy is a good person, they cant judge just on a stereotype of people.
Yankeefan you're hitting yourself! Duh was breaking your balls. Wake up and smell the coffee. You're back in Kansas now Dorothy.

Status
Not open for further replies.