My ironic life

Status
Not open for further replies.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
No es tan facil.....

Thank you,

How true, how perfectly said.... a lesson we all need to carry with us through our own lives.
Welllll...Thanks.

Life is NOT as complicated as MANY think it is......NOT by a long shot!!.

Actually, thinking about it, TOMORROW I WILL start a thread asking member if life is as hard/complicated/difficult as MOST people think/say.

I really don't know what this girl problem is but if losing her job in the DR (or whatever it is that is bending her out of shape) is making her to talk the way she is talking, it tells me that she has NOT lived that long and does NOT know how to handle one of those curse life throws at you.

If she is "listening", she will be fine in no time......As long as she starts making herself the number ONE, the number TWO and the number THREE person in her life.........

When she does, EVERYTHING will "look" like a "piece of cake".

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Welllll...Thanks.

Life is NOT as complicated as MANY think it is......NOT by a long shot!!.

Actually, thinking about it, TOMORROW I WILL start a thread asking member if life is as hard/complicated/difficult as MOST people think/say.

I really don't know what this girl problem is but if losing her job in the DR (or whatever it is that is bending her out of shape) is making her to talk the way she is talking, it tells me that she has NOT lived that long and does NOT know how to handle one of those curse life throws at you.

If she is "listening", she will be fine in no time......As long as she starts making herself the number ONE, the number TWO and the number THREE person in her life.........

When she does, EVERYTHING will "look" like a "piece of cake".

I have been rich and I have been poor - rich is better!!! Money is irrelevant when you compare it to health and life.... there is no comparison. I lost my 30 year old son a few weeks ago and there is no compensation for that, EVER. Today we released a small amount of his ashes into our river here which he loved and that made me happy again.... Ross was a true son in every way and I will love him forever. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to say it.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
one or two of you who suggested that you should contact her employers and let them see her dr1 posts ..that sort of thing....i wont name names but some of you should be ashamed

Let me put down my bong for a second to answer this. All of you new-age mystics out there need to understand that some of these people are full of it. Totally and completely.

I have first-hand knowledge of someone who pulled something similar on DR1 and it made me sick to my stomach.

Now the OP is claiming to be "betrayed" by who knows who(Her friend? Her dog?) and is having second thoughts about starting a new job but won't discuss details and if I am correct there are DR1 members who want to run to her rescue when she gets to the DR?:surprised

Damn, the weed you guys are smoking must be better than the crap I'm getting here...:paranoid:

Why are we supposed to take it easy on her? Either stop the crap and let us know what is going on so we can help, because I am tired of these bloggers and their demented agendas for attention.

I think I'll go back to my Bob Ross video "How to paint a landscape in 10 minutes with no artistic talent whatsoever". Ahhhhhh, where is my thalo blue?:cheeky:

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Ahi te va'.....

What in the world is going on here? Could the OP be any more vague?

Is this all it takes for the Dr. Phils of DR1 to bust out their life-affirming cockamamie drivel?

How about this person telling us what is REALLY going on?

Some of you have been reading way too much Deepak Chopra. I love these little nuggets of wisdom, these all-time classic cliches-here are some real gems from this thread-

"True and lasting friendship is a very precious thing and thus cannot be found easily."

"And remember, nothing in life is permanent, we control our own destinies."

"Friends can be a the worst enemies you have and enemies CAN become friends......"

"when you least expect it, and sometimes need it the most, the divine will place someone in your path, just be ready with open mind and heart to receive the blessings you so deserve..."

Oh, my goodness...thanks a lot though-I haven't laughed this hard in quite a while!!!!!

Almost made me spill my life-affirming crystals into my chamomile tea while trying to light my incense.

Berzin the Terrible...still laughing!!!!!!!!:cheeky::cheeky::cheeky::cheeky:
I HATE CLICHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:
If you really want to know what's going on here, ALLLLL you need to do is read her post again!.

(Read between the lines, she is NOT only talking about "betrayal").

If you still can NOT see it, then you really do NOT know what SOME DR1 members are capable of doing when "the kitchen gets hot".

Yes, at times SOME of us (INCLUDING ME) can be axxholes here BUUUUUUT "all bets are off" when we see a "cry for help"!.

If you, OR ANYBODY, still don't know what I am trying to say, ask another member to explain it.

Sep 19, 2005
I think I'll go back to my Bob Ross video "How to paint a landscape in 10 minutes with no artistic talent whatsoever". Ahhhhhh, where is my thalo blue?:cheeky:

ha ha ha...who cares about getting side tracked... berzin made me remember my decoy painting days...when i was buying all those crazy name colors...THALO BLUE!! ha ha..I used that cjit!! ha ha ha

I ruined the coffee table...I was told ha ha ha

bad bob out

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Let's not mess with her and try and find her pictures on her blog, or her mom's pictures or things like that. It is not cool!

I'm not.....she posted the link in DR1. Her blog along with threads here are public domain and open to criticism both positive and negative. Nothing wrong with trying to find out if someone is being honest or playing games. Lost her job...or just got cold feet. It seems to me that sometimes there are individuals that lack candor in what they write and others end up wasting very emotional advise, and for what.

Looking back on threads I participated in, very rarely do I participate in these kinds of topics, and for obvious reasons.

Hey guys,
I dont know if this is the right spot, to blog out, if it isnt i hope miss Anna will move my post where its supposed to belong...
So lets start:

As some of you may know, i've been visiting the dominican republic for the 2nd time this year. And i got offered a job to work there at the hotel. They would have paid my housing, my food, and they would give me a salary with all the benefits and health inssurances of course. But i would have had to start right away and not come back, as i did last week. So obviously I didn't accept the job in Punta Cana. As i returned, e-mails were exachanged between the bosses and they offered me the job again..

a509034711_198124_548.jpg

I got a phone call yesterday from Sunquest Vacations, offering me a position as a Destination Representative at one of the resorts in MEXICO. I would have to choose from los cabos, cancun, puerto vallarta. The housing would be provided of course, and same concept as Punta cana. Except I have never been to Mexico and don't know a single soul over there. But it was the same thing for me at punta cana, and yet i still managed to make friends in less than a week. So that won't really matter. Im going to read all the paper work of Mexico This evening, as i have an apt with the employer.

a509034711_198134_3414.jpg

So basicly what's the point of all this note..? Well i'd like to say that I am definitly taking one of the jobs...wich means i will be leaving our beautifull country Canada(WOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!) in less than 2 months...ahhh there we go...feels so much better now to let it out..Now, who has been to both Mexico & Dom Rep.? Wich is better, why, safer, and etc..let me know...

Mexico

a509034711_198145_8256.jpg

Dominican Republic
a509034711_198146_7010.jpg

?

From Paradise With Love....

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
If you really want to know what's going on here, ALLLLL you need to do is read her post again!.

(Read between the lines, she is NOT only talking about "betrayal").

If you still can NOT see it, then you really do NOT know what SOME DR1 members are capable of doing when "the kitchen gets hot".

Yes, at times SOME of us (INCLUDING ME) can be axxholes here BUUUUUUT "all bets are off" when we see a "cry for help"!.

If you, OR ANYBODY, still don't know what I am trying to say, ask another member to explain it.

Miguel I feel that in this case you are being had. If the OP were being sincere she would not of stated her case in such an overly melodramatic fashion..

And I did reread her post like you said, and it reads like a script from one of those trashy spanish telenovelas. The drama here is extremely contrived.

Anyone who names a thread "My Ironic Life" and is actually serious needs therapy.

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
Miss N. - there is no reason for you to leave this site. We all leave once in a while and then come back anyway. You can trust most people here, they might sound mean sometimes but most of them will tell you the truth - not like in the outside world where a lot of them will lie, cheat and steal from you. Even those who we think are our family or trust worthy friends can betray us at any point in time. It happens quite often. And we are still here :) Good luck!

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Miss November - there are plenty of people out there that you can trust your life with, believe me. They certainly won't be perfect but who is? have been blessed to have some very good friends that I could trust my life too, they might as well be brothers.

Therefore, don't be discouraged, life is long event and this episode will hardly rate a memeory at some point. You are young and should look forward to an adventure. Besides, what is too loose? Six months of your life practicing a language and getting to know a very friendy people and culture? Just remember that there will always be people out there who are self seeking and selfish, just try to glean the characteristics that your friend had who let you down so that you recognize this type of person in the future. Believe me it can be done. Read the sankie forums so that you can also distinguish between a young felow playing you and somone who may want to be your friend. Once you know a few of the "moves" you won't be such an easy target and will actually help you to weed out the rifraf and meet quality type of people, which are in abundance here.

Take care.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
If the OP were being sincere she would not of stated her case in such an overly melodramatic fashion.

If the OP was not being theatrical she would have responded to the PMs from genuinely kind hearted people who contacted her to try to help. So...........only those people will know. And no, I didn't PM her so I don't know. I saw this developing this afternoon and deliberately did not post nor PM. I suspect Miss N's swansong (if indeed it is) has something to do with wanting to make people feel guilty for posting what they considered realism & she considered unkind. So she does the 'disappearing trick' by not logging in but it doesn't mean she isn't reading the board (for her ego boost or whatever).

I personally don't respond to games playing & I only 'Dr. Phil' where I can sense it is genuine (& not usually in public, as some of you know). I did not get a sense of the genuine, here. Doesn't mean she hasn't got problems but I would respectfully suggest these are beyond the scope of DR1. My reason for posting this is to curb unnecessary effort by the kind hearted souls whose reaction was to feel this poster had 'disappeared' for another reason.
It seems to me that sometimes there are individuals that lack candor in what they write and others end up wasting very emotional advise, and for what.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
If This "WOMAN" Satys In Canada,....

Because of what was said to her her on DR1,she should forever be in debt to DR1!!!!
Do ANY of you actually think that she posseses the "Survival Skills" to live,and/or, work in the DR??? To those of you who blithly suggest that she "Trust in THE GODS" and make a "leap of faith", and move to the DR,shame on you!!!
If she were moving to New York City, I would give her about one hour after arriving to be in the hands of a Pimp who would be "protecting" her there!
I don't see much better for her in the DR! What you should be telling her is to go seek some help!!
A clergy "Person"(for you "PCs" out there!) a Doctor,her "Family"! ANYPLACE but DR1 for God's Sake!!
And if she,or her parents,paid for her education,tell them to ask for a refund!!
"Father","Cris Colon" CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
Now I am mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

one or two of you who suggested that you should contact her employers and let them see her dr1 posts ..that sort of thing....i wont name names but some of you should be ashamed

You are talking about me - and you could be no farther from the truth!!!

It was a random thought, since we all know some business owners in the DR DO READ DR1!!!!!!

I am not that low - nor would I even know how to contact her boss as I do not have a flippin clue where she is/was supposed to be working!!!!!!

I have been dealing with a very tragic loss - my girlfriends son was accidentally killed on Wednesday and she is greiving beyond belief, as well am I, so my energies have been only focused on helping a loved one out and comforting my daughter who is very messed up over this tragedy.

I have had much more important things to do than play games with this immature, attention-seeking little whiner!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marlie - ****ed off extremely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
To Miss November

Get a life.

Get a grip.

Life is not that bad. You do not need DR1 to be a place to vent.

Seek professional advise, please.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Marlie, mi amore.....

You are talking about me - and you could be no farther from the truth!!!

It was a random thought, since we all know some business owners in the DR DO READ DR1!!!!!!

I am not that low - nor would I even know how to contact her boss as I do not have a flippin clue where she is/was supposed to be working!!!!!!

I have been dealing with a very tragic loss - my girlfriends son was accidentally killed on Wednesday and she is greiving beyond belief, as well am I, so my energies have been only focused on helping a loved one out and comforting my daughter who is very messed up over this tragedy.

I have had much more important things to do than play games with this immature, attention-seeking little whiner!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marlie - ****ed off extremely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Darling, take it easy.......

Had you bothered to read SOME of that poster's posts you would have found out that just about EVERY TIME he/she posts, is to WHINE!!...."My post got deleted", "I got deleted", "why I got deleted?".....and SOME other nonsense.

Don't forget he/she is still a newbie and he/she still don't know how "things" are done here. He/she THINKS he/she does.....BUT she is UP for a rude awakening!.

Perhaps he/she should "read and listen" more.

bellissima_81

Apr 19, 2006
Miss N,
Go and have fun be carefull and wise, use ure head and ull be just fine! i know it and told u many times, youll be more then great and im sure when ill come visit u youll have this big smile on ure face and gonna blab about all the stuff uve learned and all! I can see it ! I also know if u dont go you will for ever be thinking about what if i did move etc etc, people on blogs talk a lot and u just need to control ureself take the good and ignore the bad!

have a safe and wonderfull trip see you soon chica !!!!!

Bellissima

dr_qt

Jun 7, 2007
I did receive a PM from Miss November, she seems to have many conflicting thoughts at this time.

Miss November don't accept the job now. You are not emotionally ready, there will be many more opportunities for you in the future.

All I can say is it's better to err on the side of caution,.... (Not from Deepak Chopra, just good commen sense).

Status
Not open for further replies.