Need cataract surgery , referrals?

pularvik

Jan 2, 2011
I had very successful cataract surgery in Santiago. Now my husband needs the same but as we live on the north coast we would like to have it done here. this surgery requires multiple visits in the process so going to POP rather than Santiago would be so much easier for us. Anyone know of a good eye clinic in POP

Billp16

Jul 20, 2018

EXCELLENT doctor, perfect english as well. She did my detached retina and zero issues. Everyone I have referred to her is pleased as well

Reactions: whirleybird

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
pularvik

Pto Plata is still 2 hrs away... but a much easier drive than Santiago, I agree.

I went to Sto Dom and stayed overnight.... 2 day appts,
The early appraisal appts are just 1 day... take a driver if you want to return

Surgery day needs a follow-up the next day - I stayed overnight
Then a follow-up a week later - day trip

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006

EXCELLENT doctor, perfect english as well. She did my detached retina and zero issues. Everyone I have referred to her is pleased as well
Agree, Giselle operated on both my eyes for cataracts and I am totally happy. Just pointing out that her office is in POP but she operates in Santiago.

Reactions: cavok

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Agree, Giselle operated on both my eyes for cataracts and I am totally happy. Just pointing out that her office is in POP but she operates in Santiago.
I'm guessing Santiago is a shared facility for eye procedures. When I had my lazik done in SD it was done in a shared state of the art facility.

Reactions: whirleybird

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I'm guessing Santiago is a shared facility for eye procedures. When I had my lazik done in SD it was done in a shared state of the art facility.
It is in Los Corominas across the road from the main hospital and very up market and professional.

pularvik

Jan 2, 2011
Many thanks to all posters. Looks like preliminary and post checkups could be done in POP. That’s an improvement.

Reactions: JD Jones