Need Free VPN - Claro Won't Give Static IP

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
My USA bank was taken over by another bank. They have Dr locked on the web site. Everytime I go there I need to call to unblock the ISP number. Claro won't give a static ISP number unless you have a RNC number business account. So, I'm thinking a VPN. I need one that connects to USA . Prefer free but a very small fee could be doable if I have no other options. Any idea

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
CLARO has to be one of the worst companies ever created.

Sorry you have to jump through VPN's ...

habi

Oct 17, 2015
I think that's one of the free ones I tried. It connects wherever it wants throughout the world. Free can't pick a country yo connect. First try it connected to USA and it worked fine but then it connected to different countries.
The free Proton version is looking for the best connection and this is often NL for some reason.... but you can choose the US (and Japan...) while disconnect and then go to the map and choose an US IP...

Buffness

Self-imposed banned🫢
Oct 9, 2014
My USA bank was taken over by another bank. They have Dr locked on the web site. Everytime I go there I need to call to unblock the ISP number.

Free or even paid VPN for anything related to banking ? It's a big no for us ....

The days of free or even paid VPN are numbered IMO because you are basically sharing the IP with countless others ....and these days , VPNs are easily identified and blocked by banks, BBC , Netflix etc...something already explained here in a previous thread ...a few years back....

Try Decentralized VPN(DPN) ..."lifetime free"...more secure and stable... ....https://www.deeper.network/ ....and maybe thank me later . Works perfectly for us .

Reactions: CristoRey and XQT

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
My USA bank was taken over by another bank. They have Dr locked on the web site. Everytime I go there I need to call to unblock the ISP number. Claro won't give a static ISP number unless you have a RNC number business account. So, I'm thinking a VPN. I need one that connects to USA . Prefer free but a very small fee could be doable if I have no other options. Any idea

NordVPN, have used them for years professionally and private. They have servers all over US.

Reactions: trspencer

JLSawmam

Sep 8, 2018
Free or even paid VPN for anything related to banking ? It's a big no for us ....

The days of free or even paid VPN are numbered IMO because you are basically sharing the IP with countless others ....and these days , VPNs are easily identified and blocked by banks, BBC , Netflix etc...something already explained here in a previous thread ...a few years back....

Try Decentralized VPN(DPN) ..."lifetime free"...more secure and stable... ....https://www.deeper.network/ ....and maybe thank me later . Works perfectly for us .
That looks like a great option. Here's a question you might be able to answer - I have set up two accounts on my wifi, one for me and one for "guests". If I were to use this, are those accounts still usable or no longer available? I looked at the webpage, but it wasn't clear to me exactly how that would work. Thanks!

XQT

Dec 7, 2022
Puerto Plata

Banks are securing access to accounts for a reason.

Reactions: CristoRey

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
My only other option is to call the bank every time I want to check balance and have them unblock the IP. Good for the day until I restart the computer
Don't restart your computer. I leave mine on for months at a time.

tht

Master of my own fate.
Oct 10, 2002
Planet Earth
The VPN problem is easy to fix, just download the Opera browser and turn on the VPN. Chrome doesn´t have any built in VPN as far as I know. I use Proton VPN occasionally on Windows and Opera on Windows and Linux, both connecting free in the US.

Reactions: Jan

tht

Master of my own fate.
Oct 10, 2002
Planet Earth
For some mysterious reason OfficeDepot is blocked in the DR, can access it on a VPN. The screenshot is the Opera Browser VPN.

Screenshot from 2024-02-29 14-52-25.png

tht

Master of my own fate.
Oct 10, 2002
Planet Earth
You may have to enable the VPN. Got to the three dots bottom left, scroll down to Opera Tools, Settings, Features then enable VPN. When that's done you can turn it on and off in the browser.

Reactions: Jan

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
I use surf shark and it is excellent. I use it a lot to watch UK TV and never had a problem with it. You can choose from many different companies and it is very cheap. You can use it on numerous different equipment at the same time.

Reactions: CristoRey