Need help finding hotel

IvanaP

May 30, 2009
silver coast?

@bsyler
Destination Barahona - Dominican Republic
We do tourist info.
But I miss more info from your side.
What is your needs and what is your price limit? AI? That is only available in Larimar hotel. Price over there: 2000 Rds and up. pPpN
Just give me details and I find it for you - for free. Why? This region need now to grow up in tourism. Problem: no infos available. We like to change it.

Hi,

please, is possible to find some nice place on the north coast? We are going to Dominican rep. on July and we want to visit more places. And one of them is the silver coast - but we have problem to find here some nice place for two nights. We don ?t want to live in Puerto plata or Cabarete. Our tip was La Isabela, but hotel Miamar doesn t have e-mail adress and when we called them, they don t speak english :(

Thank you for your answer.

Ivana

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Hi,

please, is possible to find some nice place on the north coast? We are going to Dominican rep. on July and we want to visit more places. And one of them is the silver coast - but we have problem to find here some nice place for two nights. We don ?t want to live in Puerto plata or Cabarete. Our tip was La Isabela, but hotel Miamar doesn t have e-mail adress and when we called them, they don t speak english :(

Thank you for your answer.

Ivana

May be better off keeping to "North Coast" forum....this is the SW!

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Our southwest tour stays at Costa Larimar for 5 nights. It's a fine place with good food and services. It's owned by a New Yorker with hotel experience.

I give it a good recommendation.

minerva_feliz

May 4, 2009
I've gotta give some love to Playazul (Playa Azul). I live in the area and enjoy making day trips out there to eat a nice lunch and enjoy the beach. It may be small, but it is actually a sandy not rocky beach. The water is nice and calm and it's not a crowded place. You can't find that at Quemaito/Patos/San Rafael/Bahoruco, only if you go all the way to Bahia de las Aguilas. I spent the night there for my birthday and found the rooms to be quite comfortable with cold air and warm water. The pool area looks great and they have a peacock that roams the grounds. If you stay there, you can easily make day trips to the other beaches with not-so-great or obscenely priced (Casa Bonita) accomodations. It's very quiet and peaceful there, and you can take a taxi to Barahona to go out at night.
My one recommendation for Playa Azul is to stock up in Barahona on some fresh fruit and snacks at the supermarket as they don't sell snack items and there aren't colmados nearby.

Feb 15, 2005
The best thing about that place is the privacy. Since it's on private property the beach is inaccessible and maintains itself clean. My only worries is that global warming is evident in that the actual beach area is shrinking. But the views are magnificent and having breakfast or lunch with those views, is worth the price.